• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Late to mention it, but I too got hyped after reading Frankies words on Halo 4. So much in so little, he is great at getting us all giddy inside.

Heres hoping for a trickle feed of "non info" til real info hits.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Late to mention it, but I too got hyped after reading Frankies words on Halo 4. So much in so little, he is great at getting us all giddy inside.

Heres hoping for a trickle feed of "non info" til real info hits.

I've heard about 60% of the soundtrack now and it has gone from being one of my biggest worries to my biggest no brainer aural victory.

It is also a blessing that it is so different that we will avoid "better/worse than Marty comparisons" because that is irresistible force talk. Marty cannot be beaten. he must be dodged.

Give me that sexy synth goodness we heard in the concept art trailer. You will receive my unconditional love.

It is also a blessing that it is so different that we will avoid "better/worse than Marty comparisons" because that is irresistible force talk. Marty cannot be beaten. he must be dodged.

Glad to hear it.

New trilogy.
New composer.
New sound.

Was the music from the concept art trailer a snippet of the score, or just music made/used for that trailer?

kylej

Banned
Marty doesn't think hiphop has any worth as a musical genre. Glad there's someone new on board. Heard enough monks chanting about not getting laid to last me a lifetime.

Marty doesn't think hiphop has any worth as a musical genre. Glad there's someone new on board. Heard enough monks chanting about not getting laid to last me a lifetime.

Come on now, Marty is a ladies man.

martyodonnell.jpg

Does this mean that elements of the soundtracks (ie monks, strings) from the Classic Trilogy will not be incorporated into the Reclaimer Trilogy?

Havok

You're right about the lack of objective in the lists, and also about the dedicated playlist; slipped my mind. But other than that, I stand by my choices.

I found that Invasion worked pretty well within the Noble 6v6 playlist. Got voted for as often as not. Tbh the gametype has barely changed since launch except with the assault phase on Breakpoint, if I'm not mistaken. I understand anything in 4 digits is considered "popular" but...

All the playlists have decent numbers, where else are the cuts going to be made? Infection? I'd love to, but anything in 10,000 is almost sacred.

These are just my humble thoughts, in any case.

Does anyone remember what the typical population for a playlist was in H3's heyday, out of curiosity?
There are currently eight Slayer-only playlists in the rotation, with the Anniversary playlists being "heavily weighted towards Slayer". Ideally, I'd like to see them either shit or get off the pot with regards to the title update so this stupid split doesn't exist anymore. At that point, axe TS with Arena taking its place (I assume there's no way it would go away with the effort they put into the ranking system) and making Squad the go-to Slayer playlist, renaming it to Team Slayer. We know from experience that Team Hardcore playlists that screw with SWAT and Snipers don't work. Crank up DLC matching parameters as far as is reasonable so that there's no need for a dedicated DLC playlist. 6v6 playlists on maps and gametypes that aren't designed around them suck and having them show up more in the playlists that make sense is preferable if they're able to get that system to, you know, actually work.

The Infection problem is probably the most difficult one to solve. I think it could possibly be reduced by integrating it into Action Sack as a third-slot option (so that you can force the vote away from it more easily if you don't like it), but if that's what people like then at least they have a single destination to go for it. Properly incentivizing objective-heavy playlists would help their population issues - a permanent super jackpot for Objective could double its population.

They did mention that they're working on breathing new life into Invasion, so I don't know that I can suggest any changes to it without knowing what they are just yet.

Multi-Team is a complete joke, I don't really see a reason for it to be continued unless they want a playlist where people go to farm kills and ignore the objective. Oh wait, they added Flag Slayer to Objective, so I guess they don't care too much.

The Halo 3 numbers were inflated in comparison to the more accurate Reach numbers, so making a judgement based on those is very difficult. Going through it point by point, there are some good ideas in your list, don't get me wrong. It's just a few that I take significant issue with. At this point, I don't know that there's an easy solution to any of the problems Reach's matchmaking has other than flipping the bird to some people and trying to make the best experience for the greatest number of people by cutting down the playlist bloat (...which in my eyes means the return of the weekend playlists, but the outrage would be incredible). On a certain level, it doesn't really make any sense to be dividing Slayer up by minute gametype differences on a playlist level when we can do it on a gametype level through the voting system (which desperately needs a revamp in the form of a separation between map and gametype selection).

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

That doesn't mean much when linkin park was in halo 2. Or was it hoobastank? Some shitty band inserted here.

Sounds reasonable to me, so why the hell is Fyrewulf complaining so much? Instant patches would be great, but not realistic.
Well, because certain decisions that have been made a little questionable. Like the 4 shot Pistol in TU now changed to 5 shot but doesn't pop your shield on the 4 shot. Like I said, I don't agree with all of it, but the post in now falling behind and dissecting every little piece I agreed with wouldn't do much good now would it.

ZalinKrow

I've got a few funny clips rendered if anyone wants to check'em out. All of them involving vehicles oddly enough. 3 nice bailouts and 2 derbys :p

Elzar failing at team killing, Robbert and I simultaniously bailout http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=26556663&player=ZalinKrow

What happens at the start of a Breakneck match when you trust Heckfu to drive you. http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=26556596&player=ZalinKrow

A super old one of Barlow not knowing where Abridged ends (he laughed for like 5 minutes straight after), I got pretty lucky escaping http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=26556545&player=ZalinKrow

Another really old one, a destruction derby with a bunch of you guys that I hadn't even realised I'd played with. Huge pile-up in one corner http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=26556421&player=ZalinKrow

Happened in tonights derby, lock it UPhttp://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=26556304&player=ZalinKrow

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Smart strategy is smart. New trilogy, new feel, new hawtness.

Well, it's called the Reclaimer Trilogy. I think there might be Forerunner stuff.

But chief is the reclaimer!

Tbh as long as its not the same 8 blocks over and over again like in reach mp I'll be happy.

Hmm. Kinect. How shall you be in Halo 4?

Just an odd thought that occured to me after looking at a "Hardcore"-focused Kinect page on Xbox.com and remembering our discussions about the Library mode in Anniversary.

ZalinKrow

More like Elzar being awesome (as usual), also two posts in one night? What is this filth.

Complains I don't post enough, calls post "filth" when I do post :/
Lock it UP.

Bahahaha, so good.
Do you bring bad luck to drivers everywhere?

Yes, yes I do. I don't even know why I play with these scrubs man.
I love them all really... Except Elzar, he's just some random who we keep getting matched with <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom