• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. Kinect. How shall you be in Halo 4?

Just an odd thought that occured to me after looking at a "Hardcore"-focused Kinect page on Xbox.com and remembering our discussions about the Library mode in Anniversary.

Would absolutely be amazing if menu browsing could be controlled through voice commands.

"Start Matchmaking in Team Slayer"

"Custom Games. Open Slayer gametype. Edit Gametype. Weapon traits. Starting weapon, rockets."

"Mute Elzar"

Dance Central 2 really seemed to get those right in terms of menu navigation (with gesture control too).

Complains I don't post enough, calls post "filth" when I do post :/
Lock it UP.

Yes, yes I do. I don't even know why I play with these scrubs man.
I love them all really... Except Elzar, he's just some random who we keep getting matched with <3

A random with whom you serenade La Bamba constantly with damnit!

Would absolutely be amazing if menu browsing could be controlled through voice commands.

"Start Matchmaking in Team Slayer"

"Custom Games. Open Slayer gametype. Edit Gametype. Weapon traits. Starting weapon, rockets."

"Mute Elzar"

Damn you brothers ganging up on me! Where is Xand, surely he would have my back.

I imagine these Inheritors wouldn't be so fat if they had to do some Kinecting.

I just don't know though, is that technology really ready for real gaming? Its always been pretty gimicky and shitty but I haven't played much of it lately.

Lilblain and Birdmayne. Rap Halo 4 intro. About dongs and shitting on fat kids. Enough monks chanting about not closing.

CyReN

Kinect isn't good, had it for 2 weeks and sold it. Games aren't there and after class or work the last thing I want to do is jump around like a jackass.

You know how in games like Brawl you can have customizable button layouts? Just imagine if you could map kinect commands and then share them with people.

It was not unconnected.
I was actually thinking the other day how the Concept Art Trailer music before the trumpet shows up would be pretty cool as pre-boss room music.

I'm glad to hear this, because in the past few games (Reach, ODST, 3) the trailer music influenced other themes, but never had a direct appearance in-game. I'm talking about Finish the Fight, Prepare to Drop, and Uphill Both Ways (Multiplayer Madness Remix) respectively. I think it would be neat if Halo 4 took a Brave Fencer Musashi route and had a ton of different styles and compositions, but all based on a few
seven?
different, recurring themes. It'd be cool to be able to add music to your multiplayer maps too, even if it's just ambient synths, french horns, gregorian chants (like the recurring "I e i U" one you've heard since Halo 2's High Charity Suite) and echoing percussion like in the beginning of Firefight and the credits screen and stuff.

Kinect isn't good, had it for 2 weeks and sold it. Games aren't there and after class or work the last thing I want to do is jump around like a jackass.

Kinect doesn't have to be jumping around though.

I'd much prefer a slick UI with voice navigation. Look at how Mass Effect is doing it. To enhance gameplay rather than to lock features out.

Let's leave Anniversary as it is with Kinect exclusive features and hope those decisions don't repeat themselves.

I use mine to control Netflix, which is pretty nice. Other than that though I don't use it. Didn't pay for it though, so I'm okay with that.

I've heard about 60% of the soundtrack now and it has gone from being one of my biggest worries to my biggest no brainer aural victory.

It is also a blessing that it is so different that we will avoid "better/worse than Marty comparisons" because that is irresistible force talk. Marty cannot be beaten. he must be dodged.

It was not unconnected.

I cannot wait until we see and hear official material. This has me excited and scared at the same time.

FyreWulff

It'd be cool to be able to add music to your multiplayer maps too, even if it's just ambient synths, french horns, gregorian chants (like the recurring "I e i U" one you've heard since Halo 2's High Charity Suite) and echoing percussion like in the beginning of Firefight and the credits screen and stuff.

Not sure how I'd feel about music in multiplayer. It'd have to be done right. I liked it in Perfect Dark though.

Shit, now I'm playing Perfect Dark. bbl

Kuroyume

Banned
I want music in multiplayer or at the least the option of playing the music off the disc while playing multi. I forget which games have music in multiplayer. Red Faction? Lost Planet 2? I feel this stuff makes multiplayer more enjoyable. It's too quiet otherwise.

In the past three days I have worked 36 hours. Didn't touch GAF for that period, so I'm just now caught up.

- Hey Tashi, I have 11 different Facebook accounts - is it too late to vote for your video?

Kidding, I only have one account and I voted for that Tahir guy.

- Rukari on GAF? Oh snap. Guess I know who's posting first in every new Halo thread...

- Heckfu: apparently great minds think alike. (Original post here, but the IMG tag is dead now.)

Attention new Juniors:

If you like, submit your gamertag to The List:
HaloGAF.com/gamertags

If you have any other content to submit, do it here:
HaloGAF.com/submit

I generally have game volume turned down an awful lot and instead just have chat vloume up as most of the matches I play are just accompanying some weird conversation/sing-song.

Tawpgun

Shit.

I forgot that Microsoft visited campus today and yesterday. Their goddamn fault for putting our exams on the same days.

343 might have been there and I would have never known :O

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Shit.

I forgot that Microsoft visited campus today and yesterday. Their goddamn fault for putting our exams on the same days.

cool campus bro. Chilled with some Zetas. Popped some collars. Made the Deans other list.

Stinkles

Wish I could use my Turtle B's more often, but the receiver messes with the wifi in my room, or at least for my comp.

H4 will probably motivate me to fix this. Audio sounds like it's going to be sweet.

Why thank you. :)

change the channel on your router and keep both things away from speakers.

Stinkles

I'll have to ask my homestay family if I can tinker with it, but thanks for the advice. :p

I wonder why MM isn't affected though...

digital audio stream is very bandwidth intensive so if they're interfering with each other audio suffers way more.

cool campus bro. Chilled with some Zetas. Popped some collars. Made the Deans other list.

You should Swing by RIT for real, or someone from 343. We have an amazing Game Design program. It would be great to see someone speak or hold any event as well. We have a lot of gamers as well, so that would be a plus.

Microsoft Game Jam just happened a couple weekends ago as well. Its this really cool thing where you form a team and have to make a game in 3 days. Everyone gets free Windows 7 phones.

I have to say, I like Marty, but I hope we get more audio options in both Halo 4 and Bungie's new game. His attitude towards player-facing audio options is egotistical, you can fine-tune the settings and put a "Restore Defaults" button in, and that's enough. More user options makes better software.

Sai-kun

Banned
I've heard about 60% of the soundtrack now and it has gone from being one of my biggest worries to my biggest no brainer aural victory.

Wow. Hype.

I've been listening to a lot of Trent Reznor and I kinda wish he could do work for Halo. Him and Atticus Ross do amaaaaazing work.

Ramirez

http://www.twitch.tv/roybox

Instinct is about to scrim Ambush. Should be a damn good series.

Instinct:
Roy
Lunchbox
Ogre 2
Pistola

Ambush:
Heinz
APG
Formal
Cloud

thkermit-masturbate.gif

I just wonder, will Halo 4 continue with the occasional celtic sounding themes? I am super excited to hear what will be in Halo 4, but also frightened at the lack of Marty.

Shit.

Don't worry MS is using on campus to get people to develop for Windows Phone. They are also want to drum up interest in MS Dynamics. Coming from someone that's learning SAP ERP right now, Dynamics AX is soooo nice.

I don't think you can do music in MP. Shit gets boring cause we play like 900 days worth of Halo. I have to popin music from my dashboard to keep campaign interesting and I've played that like twice.

I don't think you can do music in MP. Shit gets boring cause we play like 900 days worth of Halo. I have to popin music from my dashboard to keep campaign interesting and I've played that like twice.

Like a nerd I already have a playlist for MP which consists of KMFDM, Rage Against the Machine, NIN, Chemical Brothers and Crystal Method to name a few.

I really cannot stand evade or any sort of cheat death tactic. Played a team that wasn't even that good but EVADE EVADE EVADE.

Why is this shit in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom