• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Birthday Dax! 20 is your last year of fake ID eligibility...do with that what you will.

Story Time

The setting: Halo 3 -- The Narrows -- Social Slayer

My friend (who was terrible at Halo at the time) and I (almost as terrible) entered social slayer as a party of 2 split-screen style. For whatever reason Halo 3 decided to split us up and put me on a team of 4 racist, homophobic, doucherinos. My friend was put on a team of terrible players.

About 2 minutes into the game the doucherinos and I were winning by approximately 15 kills. All but one of my friend's teammates quit. So now it's 5 on 2. What does my friend do? He starts leaping to his death. Spawn-Leap-Suicide. Just on an endless loop.

My teammates started to get really pissed because they couldn't find anyone to shoot and then teabag. They started screaming at me about how my guest was a "pussy-ass bitch" for hiding. Meanwhile my friend's teammate, who has no way of communicating with my friend (neither of them had mics), sees what my friend is doing and starts joining in.

It is at this point that my teammates discover the suicide pact the other team has entered into. They become enraged and try to kill the two jumpers before they can suicide, but it's ultimately too hard for them. They quit in frustration. Non-violent resistance wins the day.

I don't know what the moral of this story is...maybe "the Universe hates a racist, homophobic, douchebag"?

C5gA8.jpg

Fuchsdh

Anyone been called a noob by a random for using the RL?

Nope. If I'm not playing with friends I mute everyone the moment I see a Mic icon.

Btw, major props for your avatar. Golden Sun was the first GBA game I got with the system, and the only JRPG I've played repeatedly (and loved doing it). I was saddened when we got "Dark Dawn", but at least the first two games are great. I'm sad I've lost the cartridge, need to play it from the beginning again.

It's definitely something we've been looking at, but as you've already guess it's slipped a little on the priority list for other MM concerns. If enough people ask for updates to FF, priorities can change. Not saying you should start a letting writing campaign, but definitely keep reminding us. Helps to keep us honest.

Have I ever told you about my loathing for evade?

Nice! Thanks for posting.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Nope. If I'm not playing with friends I mute everyone the moment I see a Mic icon.

Btw, major props for your avatar. Golden Sun was the first GBA game I got with the system, and the only JRPG I've played repeatedly (and loved doing it). I was saddened when we got "Dark Dawn", but at least the first two games are great. I'm sad I've lost the cartridge, need to play it from the beginning again.

Thanks! I was pretty disappointed with DD too, especially after how excited I was at E3 2009.

My story is the same as yours, I got mine bundled with a GBA. I love the series so much, and aside from FF6 it's the only JRPG I've had any interest in as well. :p

Tawpgun

Anyone been called a noob by a random for using the RL?

In Halo PC, all the time.

Halo PC (or Custom Edition that I played) had a very unique environment and culture.

We joke about Halo Honor now, but in Halo PC it was a real thing. If you got kills with vehicles or power weapons other than the sniper, you were regarded as a noob. When I played for a clan in Halo Trial we'd have clan matches on CTF on Blood Gulch. There were rocket launchers, fuel rods, shotguns, camo/OS, warthogs... but you weren't allowed to use them.

Even in public games, all the noobs would use banshees, hogs, rocket/fuel rod.... and all the really good players would stick to their pistol and still come out on top. Fun times...

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
In Halo PC, all the time.

Halo PC (or Custom Edition that I played) had a very unique environment and culture.

We joke about Halo Honor now, but in Halo PC it was a real thing. If you got kills with vehicles or power weapons other than the sniper, you were regarded as a noob. When I played for a clan in Halo Trial we'd have clan matches on CTF on Blood Gulch. There were rocket launchers, fuel rods, shotguns, camo/OS, warthogs... but you weren't allowed to use them.

Even in public games, all the noobs would use banshees, hogs, rocket/fuel rod.... and all the really good players would stick to their pistol and still come out on top. Fun times...

I think it tends to happen more when the person perceives that all of your kills are coming from power weapons. That's the main time it would happen to me when I played. Not my fault I kept the weapons on a timer.

How often does an entire team quit out except 1 guy when they're winning? 1 in a million? When people quit out on us it was because they were getting slaughtered, not because they were winning and got bored of beating us.

quite often people quit on my team before the match starts then the other 2 about 2 min in the match so for me alot

Fracas

#fuckonami
I've found that Gears comes really naturally when listening to electro-swing. Particularly Parov Stelar. Check it out sometime.

I totally listen to mellow folk when I play Gears. Haha makes everything sound like the "Brothers to the End" trailer they released awhile ago.

And I'll be honest, I don't quit when my whole team does, except for in BTB. Like it was said earlier, people only quit when they're losing; that means now it's me (I like to think I'm better than the average Reach player) against a unorganized group.
Then again, I don't seem to get as many quitters as you guys do. Maybe a couple every hour. And I can see the frustration for the team that was winning as well

Redford

aka Cabbie
I totally listen to mellow folk when I play Gears. Haha makes everything sound like the "Brothers to the End" trailer they released awhile ago.

And I'll be honest, I don't quit when my whole team does, except for in BTB. Like it was said earlier, people only quit when they're losing; that means now it's me (I like to think I'm better than the average Reach player) against a unorganized group.
Then again, I don't seem to get as many quitters as you guys do. Maybe a couple every hour. And I can see the frustration for the team that was winning as well

I only quit when the game refuses to change a shitty host. if you ask me the quitting has gotten less prevalent.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Lebron tweet about Perkins when he got dunked on.

What? I remember seeing that tweet and I heard the post game interview with Lebron. Maybe I missed something 0_o

^^ yes it's private now. I didn't even notice but there was a serious comment battle that happened on the youtube page and I just deleted the comments and then made the video private.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom