• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could probably confirm if it was still on the docket of features "right now", with no guarantees it won't be cut for any number of reasons between now and ship.

Now when I say could, I doubt it would fall into any marketing plans to drop a sizeable if not hefty feature reveal on "a popular video game messageboard". That being said, I've been happily surprised before.

P.S. I'd bet that there will be splitscreen coop at least.

I just want to know if I should start saving up for a new 360/tv to play MM :p

I.. hmm.
In two minds on this:
1) You really should anyway, it's about time to return to your pre-theft status of ye each being able to do your own thing. Especially if you move out over the next year
2) We're 18-24 months away from the next Xbox.

Actually 18 months is plenty of time - yes, time to start saving.

I.. hmm.
In two minds on this:
1) You really should anyway, it's about time to return to your pre-theft status of ye each being able to do your own thing. Especially if you move out over the next year
2) We're 18-24 months away from the next Xbox.

Actually 18 months is plenty of time - yes, time to start saving.

Telepathy over the brother-to-brother network is severely impacted by walls, physical structures and an increase in distance between both brothers.

Telepathy over the brother-to-brother network is severely impacted by walls, physical structures and an increase in distance between both brothers.
lol. Didn't upgrade to twin brother connection?

Btw. I got Structura 2 - The Art Of Sparth (his second art book), it contains Halo art(but we have already seen them). Still Sparth is a genius. Incredible artworks, you can see in the book.

And the second thing I want to mention. Britains biggest videogame magazine Edge will have an article about Halo: Combat Evolved in their next issue.

Homeboyd

nah, shit's awesome yo, it's like I'm a human slave in a robot world and hundreds of them are trying to rape me at the same time

WUBWUBWRUUUUUUUUUUUUUBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBWRUWRUWRUWRUBBBBBBBBBB

man-covering-ears.jpg

I bought my own xbox 1,5 years ago. Best. Decision. Ever! Me and my little brother never have to take turns playing a game and there is one less occasion on which he can annoy me.
And if you're moving out, it's a no-brainer!

It's definitely something we've been looking at, but as you've already guess it's slipped a little on the priority list for other MM concerns. If enough people ask for updates to FF, priorities can change. Not saying you should start a letting writing campaign, but definitely keep reminding us. Helps to keep us honest.
Thanks for the honest reply. I hope some changes can be squeezed in at some point relatively soon (like before Halo 4 drops); changes have been needed since before you guys took over. I will do my best to keep you honest. ;-)

Thanks for the honest reply. I hope some changes can be squeezed in at some point relatively soon (like before Halo 4 drops); changes have been needed since before you guys took over. I will do my best to keep you honest. ;-)

For me, I don't think there is anything that 343 can do to make me play reach firefight anymore. I'm hoping that changes significantly for Halo 4.

Also nice to see you're still alive Robberto.

Apparently Hypertrooper doesn't care enough to announce my birthday today.

Gets me at the heart. Where's the bro-love?

More like HyperCreeper

Happy birthday bro!

Dude! I forgot! I wanted to post at 4am your time and thought it would be too early! Damn. It will never happen again! :(

Happy Birthday DAX01!

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.

He wanted to finish his Jadzia Dax hair doll first.

EDIT: Happy Birthday! Welcome to your 20's?

He wanted to finish his Jadzia Dax hair doll first.

EDIT: Happy Birthday! Welcome to your 20's?
Oh come on! Why did you tell him my birthday present? It was top secret until a few minutes ago. Thank you!

See dax, you got more Happy birthday messages than I got. Are you happy now?

Okay good. Because those people that stick around really infuriate me. Yeah it sucks that your teammates quit but who gives a shit about your credits, win/loss ratio, whatever, it's not worth the waste of time.

I personally do it just because 4v1 in slayer is actually a massive tactical advantage in usual matchmaking (as in, now not only does a disorganized team of randoms have only one person to kill, I now have 4 players with little teamwork to kill). It's basically FFA with guidelines at that point. As far as objectives or actual teams go, I mostly just do it to mess with them. They quit before I do half of the time.

Ramirez

I really can't stand people who hang around when their whole team quits. It's acceptable in Multi Objective games, but in 1 sided stuff and slayer, just quit and get it over with, christ.

I'll wish you happy bday Letters!

For me, I don't think there is anything that 343 can do to make me play reach firefight anymore. I'm hoping that changes significantly for Halo 4.
I hope so too. Hopefully some time away from the game will help me enjoy FF for a little while longer. If not, Horde is awesome.

Happy Birthday, Dax! Have your balls dropped yet?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I personally do it just because 4v1 in slayer is actually a massive tactical advantage in usual matchmaking (as in, now not only does a disorganized team of randoms have only one person to kill, I now have 4 players with little teamwork to kill). It's basically FFA with guidelines at that point. As far as objectives or actual teams go, I mostly just do it to mess with them. They quit before I do half of the time.

I stay in too, but I always play aggressively after it happens so at least the other team isn't hunting a stationary ghost the whole time.

U2NUMB

How long have they had the ability to create custom challenges? Freaking awesome stuff and my friends and I are enjoying setting them up.

Happy birthday Dax01

I really can't stand people who hang around when their whole team quits. It's acceptable in Multi Objective games, but in 1 sided stuff and slayer, just quit and get it over with, christ.

I'll wish you happy bday Letters!

but what if I have the lead? why would I quit if I have chance to win

I stay in too, but I always play aggressively after it happens so at least the other team isn't hunting a stationary ghost the whole time.

It just depends on what I feel like doing, personally. As far as objectives go, I'll usually try and get the strongest weapons I can and then just try to blow through whatever enemies are guarding the flag/bomb/etc and make a run for it. As for slayer, I'll play aggressively here and there, but with some gametypes it's more fun (at least imo) to turn it into something of a stealth game. Team SWAT on Reflection, Countdown, etc. in particular gives you a lot of ways to keep to higher ground and then drop down, assassinate or beat down an enemy, and then try and keep it up until you're spotted or shot.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
If i'm the last guy and I joined alone, I'll stay for a few kills to see what I can do and then I usually quit. If it's an objective gametype, I'll hide until they win because it shouldn't take more than a minute. If the guys I'm playing against are douche bags or start to teabag, I stay.

Trey

Nope. You quit if it bothers you so much. I'll play the game I got matchmade into, regardless of if I have a team or not. And I still find some value in the arrangement, so it makes no sense for me to quit out just because my opponents might get bored.

Ramirez

but what if I have the lead? why would I quit if I have chance to win

How often does an entire team quit out except 1 guy when they're winning? 1 in a million? When people quit out on us it was because they were getting slaughtered, not because they were winning and got bored of beating us.

Nope. You quit if it bothers you so much. I'll play the game I got matchmade into, regardless of if I have a team or not. And I still find some value in the arrangement, so it makes no sense for me to quit out just because my opponents might get bored.

Grats on being a tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom