• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea yet, my 11 though if I had it:
  1. Sanc CTF
  2. Sanc TS
  3. Sanc Bomb
  4. Pit CTF
  5. Pit TS
  6. Zealot CTF
  7. Zealot TS
  8. Beaver Creek CTF
  9. Beaver Creek TS
  10. Beaver Creek Bomb
  11. Damnation TS

• Zero Bloom
  • Zero Sprint
  • Player Speed 110%
  • Player Gravity 150%
  • Jump Height 110%
  • 4x Overshield
  • No Evade
  • Pistol spawn less often

Replace Sanc bomb with a King gametype, maybe Powerhouse. 120 Speed.

Other than that I love your ideas.

Other than that I'd love a tweaked Anchor 9 over Pit, but I know I'm going to catch flak for that, and I know that it's not going to happen because MLG is getting codes for Anni MP not Noble.

CyReN

Someone clear this up:

Anybody have a fix for Halo Reach it seems everytime I go into matchmaking everyone is muted and I have to manually unmute them. I've read that I might have a mute ban? I've set everything to default in Reaches audio area so I have no idea whats going on. My nat is open if it matters.

Someone clear this up:

Anybody have a fix for Halo Reach it seems everytime I go into matchmaking everyone is muted and I have to manually unmute them. I've read that I might have a mute ban? I've set everything to default in Reaches audio area so I have no idea whats going on. My nat is open if it matters.

People that play the MLG playlist frequently appeared to have made a secret pact to mute all opposing players in the lobby manually instead of using the easy 'Team & Party' menu option, resulting in mute bans for anyone that plays that playlist regularly.

PNut

Banned
People that play the MLG playlist frequently appeared to have made a secret pact to mute all opposing players in the lobby manually instead of using the easy 'Team & Party' menu option, resulting in mute bans for anyone that plays that playlist regularly.

Bingo.

I dabbled in some Halo 3 today and had more fun in 4 games than I've had in a year of Reach. I'm down to weather the semi decent online connections of 3 with you!

Same here man. Ran some H3 customs earlier tonight with some friends and had great time. Very little lag on great maps. Halo 3 MP will always be my favorite.

mTBko.jpg

I love you frankie.
No homo

<3

senador

Banned
Someone clear this up:

It sounds like the other way around though and everyone else has the mute ban if he's having to unmute everyone else, yeah? Wouldn't it defeat the purpose of a mute ban if you could just undo it? Everyone else having a mute ban isn't farfetched either since its the MLG playlist. Maybe I'm wrong.

If you play MLG as your regular playlist you will have a mute ban. People have the habit from custom games to mute the opposing team before a game. I for one just use the team and party option in matchmaking but I still have a mute ban.

I suppose Hardcore would be more accurate, but I still play to have fun.

Why vote for vanilla then?
Ba dum tiss

Just woke up to the MLG news. Awesome. This event is now unmissable. Dem epic flag runs on Beaver Creek.

Probably a stupid question but will they definately use the classic variants of the Anniversary maps? I quite like the updated versions though I'm aware they were made that way, in part, to accomodate AA's which MLG doesn't use.

Striker

Replace Sanc bomb with a King gametype, maybe Powerhouse. 120 Speed.

Other than that I love your ideas.

Other than that I'd love a tweaked Anchor 9 over Pit, but I know I'm going to catch flak for that, and I know that it's not going to happen because MLG is getting codes for Anni MP not Noble.
Yep, Anchor 9 is definitely fun, even with the shield door/gravity perimeters. I'm curious how MLG would change it for the better as they did with The Pit. The default version of The Pit had terrible base setups and the god-awful ceiling spawns. Hilarious playing Oddball there. -_-

what scares me is that the majority of reach players like infection and swat
The previous game had lovers of Social Slayer which consisted of AR starts on huge maps and AR beatdown exchanges. Pick your poison!

I dabbled in some Halo 3 today and had more fun in 4 games than I've had in a year of Reach. I'm down to weather the semi decent online connections of 3 with you!

Same here man. Ran some H3 customs earlier tonight with some friends and had great time. Very little lag on great maps. Halo 3 MP will always be my favorite.

Halo 3 is still a lot of fun, get me in if you guys ever do go on it! I still play it from time to time but the matchmaking options are a bit of a turn off. Customs seem to be where its at.

The previous game had lovers of Social Slayer which consisted of AR starts on huge maps and AR beatdown exchanges. Pick your poison!

I pick Social Slayer because I can get my hands on a BR and destroy the AR users. :p With Reach for a long time Swat was the only playable playlist for me, thank god for the TU.

Thats really cool of Frankie/ 343 to help MLG out like that.

Myyke

Neo Member
Fuck does Shield and Sword even mean.

"I am your shield, I am your sword". Surely you have heard this before?

I am a big fan of Levi's work in general, but I'm not 100% on the menu designs - I find the glowing text to be a bit blurry. I would personally prefer something crisper, for example the background fading out more to the left side so the text doesn't have to be highlighted as much.

Still, I love seeing some constructive Halo 4 suggestions with a good amount of thought and a sprinkling of love put into them. Makes a nice change from "Fuck this" "Fuck that".

Fix'd

Happy Bday Dax
(You were part of the handful of people on GAF that wished me, so at the least I can return the good wishes, have fun)

Also I'm hoping for a landslide victory for TU, just to see reactions from our .map and halo honor folks.
Frankie already said Reach 1.0 will not be eliminated, so our reactions will be as good as his word. But aside from that, I find it surprising that someone who does testing for a living would be complicit in the expansion of an already buggy release. My opposition to TU in the TS poll has nothing to do with the end result, it's a principled rejection of what I reason to be subpar design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom