• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I may direct you to a Tunavi:)lol banned) production: Halo: Reach Alternative Intro.

That's very cool, but I generally like Reach's normal intro more. Tunavi's makes for a more exciting hook, but you have to remember that it's still a video game - you can't just drop unfamiliar players into an intense firefight right at the start, you have to give them the slower tutorial section first.

I like the pacing at the very beginning of Winter Contingency - I just hate how the reveal of the Covenant is spoiled so quickly. I would rather fight Insurrectionists (easy human opponents) for most of the level, all the way up to the actual Visegrad relay. Then, once you're about to squash the Innies that are trashing the relay, the Covenant shows up and surprises the hell out of both groups.

And the reveal shouldn't be you chasing a lone Skirmisher, it should be an Elite that drops in through the roof on top of you while you were distracted by humans.

Gotta have that solar-panel dongle.

Do you mean with IRL friends? I know that feeling, we used to do LANs all the time in H3.

Real life and online friends. I used to run customs in Halo 3 all the time with people, and we could always get enough for at least 4 v 4 CTF customs and this Counter Strike like gametype we came up with. Now, I just play matchmaking solo. :(

Karl2177

That's very cool, but I generally like Reach's normal intro more. Tunavi's makes for a more exciting hook, but you have to remember that it's still a video game - you can't just drop unfamiliar players into an intense firefight right at the start, you have to give them the slower tutorial section first.

I like the pacing at the very beginning of Winter Contingency - I just hate how the reveal of the Covenant is spoiled so quickly. I would rather fight Insurrectionists (easy human opponents) for most of the level, all the way up to the actual Visegrad relay. Then, once you're about to squash the Innies that are trashing the relay, the Covenant shows up and surprises the hell out of both groups.

And the reveal shouldn't be you chasing a lone Skirmisher, it should be an Elite that drops in through the roof on top of you while you were distracted by humans.

I was getting at the feeling of invasion that Tunavi's makes. "From the beginning, you know the end" was the Reach catchphrase. We know what happens to Reach since the first cutscene of Halo 1 or 2, depending on how you detailed you want to go. Yet at the beginning of Reach, they try and play it off like we don't know the end aside from the burning helmet. Personally, I would have an intro similar to Tunavi's, then the player works their way to Sword Base in a similar fashion to the mission Sierra 117. The player goes through the settlements similar to Winter Contingency and the level culminates with the player reaching Sword Base and the frigate appearing overhead.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So look what I found at the local comic shop.

IMG_20120211_153415.jpg

Will fit on my new shelf nicely.

IMG_20120211_153641.jpg

Fracas

#fuckonami
Alright send f/rs to "i devolution i". Made some more room on my list. Fuck this juggling nonsense though. Clans in h4 please.

If anyone wants to, we could do something like what BattlefieldGAF did: make a dummy account called "HaloGAF" or something, have everyone send fr's to it, and make it's friends list viewable to all so that any GAF member can see who's on playing Halo. Although now that I'm thinking about it, it may be a bit more of a hassle than it's worth

If anyone wants to, we could do something like what BattlefieldGAF did: make a dummy account called "HaloGAF" or something, have everyone send fr's to it, and make it's friends list viewable to all so that any GAF member can see who's on playing Halo. Although now that I'm thinking about it, it may be a bit more of a hassle than it's worth

It's been done a couple times lol.

I got the Reach legendary statue and a grunt plushy thanks to Hyper :) I hope there are some goodies at gamescom this year.
I wouldn't expect a lot. I don't know who is planning the GamesCom, but it will be mainly Microsoft Germany. Halo 2 had T-shirts, lanyards and posters if I remember correctly. I'm not sure what Halo 3 had. I think the same. Halo 3: ODST had high-quality posters. Halo: Reach. Ehm had nothing.

If you are lucky, some high-level community member of XBox.com will plan a similar event like the Gears Of War 3 last year. I'd definitely do it, but I don't have any connection to Microsoft etc.

Alright send f/rs to "i devolution i". Made some more room on my list. Fuck this juggling nonsense though. Clans in h4 please.
Who can you just have so many friends? lol. It is impossible to get the friendlist full. You are lying.
I hope someone understand the reference

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Bad direction, maybe. The guy is a famous film actor, I'm pretty sure he could have injected some emotion into those lines if told to do so.
It's my belief that most VO directors in gaming simply don't have the balls to tell an actor that their delivery isn't what they're aiming for.

I visualize Bethesda taking Max von Sydow's 3 different accents for Esbern without even flinching as they bow down to deliver water to his booth.

Ah sorry. I overread that part of Devo's post. Normally customs don't occur that often anymore. And Devo is planning to host that means no Mini-games, right?

If people could direct me towards some mini games? It's whatever people feel like doin'. Gonna get on an hour early and DL some maps and gametypes. Speaking of gametypes I got 85% bloom but not the 3 shot pistol shit. Anyone got links to some good shit so I don't have to search?

Problem with this is that you get a game invite from someone not on your friend list and you're like "who the fuck is this random" and you check the profile and you can't see their friend list so you can't tell if they have a mutual friend so it just get's ignored. At least that's what I usually do.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Ah sorry. I overread that part of Devo's post. Normally customs don't occur that often anymore. And Devo is planning to host that means no Mini-games, right?

She said shenanigans so maybe? If I played anything too competitive, you guys would destroy me lol. I know of the legend of HaloGAF's skills from my pre-forum approval lurking days

Fracas

#fuckonami
If people could direct me towards some mini games? It's whatever people feel like doin'. Gonna get on an hour early and DL some maps and gametypes. Speaking of gametypes I got 85% bloom but not the 3 shot pistol shit. Anyone got links to some good shit so I don't have to search?

I can add some random stuff to my file share in a bit

NO! NO! NO! Forget what I say! No mini-games, no mini-games!

TheOddOne

YOU DON'T KNOW JACK! is a blast. I also picked up Metal Gear Solid HD and started Sons of Liberty. I'm happy!
I just got the Metal Gear Solid HD collection too. Looks so damn good.

Started MGS3, because my PS2 version on the PS3 played like shit when you reached the swamps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom