• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

Give quitters a giant head (DK Mode) for each game that they quit, and the only way to remove the penalty is to complete a game. If you quit 20 games, you have to go through 20 full games to remove the penalty. Make it cumulative, so the more quits you rack up without clearing them out makes your head bigger and bigger.

If you're a quitting little bitch, you get a giant fucking head like the broad side of a barn for newbs to headshot with ease.

Hire Retro yesterday.

Ramirez

It just dawned on me that Dax had like close to 1K quits in Halo 3, so his opinion is invalid on that subject.

Holy crap, just clicked on Furry-GAF by accident...

rocky.gif

Didn't even know such a thing existed on here. >.>

789shadow

Banned
Give quitters a giant head (DK Mode) for each game that they quit, and the only way to remove the penalty is to complete a game. If you quit 20 games, you have to go through 20 full games to remove the penalty. Make it cumulative, so the more quits you rack up without clearing them out makes your head bigger and bigger.

If you're a quitting little bitch, you get a giant fucking head like the broad side of a barn for newbs to headshot with ease.

This is more hilarious than it should be.

It just dawned on me that Dax had like close to 1K quits in Halo 3, so his opinion is invalid on that subject.
How do you figure that? My EXP is at -642.

I went for a while there where I just didn't care about penalties and what not. I dunno why. And as I said, I'm not sold on the idea. I'd really like to see how it works in a beta or something before making judgement. It's such a radical departure from the other games.

You got lucky, damn I got booted from a match three times a night at the minimum.

Your crazy, I played 7000ish matchmade games and only quit 132 times, im sure like half of that was from people in my house restarting the reutor to connect other stuff to it while I was midgame lol. That was at like 50 or at least 45 high in most playlists aswell which is where you would expect the most foul play. I do remember getting hit by booters more than it should be reasonable though, that did suck.

feel

Pretty safe to assume that juices got a flawed Halo 3 disc that ran the game at constant 15fps, 500ms ping and booted him from games often.

Pretty safe to assume that juices got a flawed Halo 3 disc that ran the game at constant 15fps, 500ms ping and booted him constantly from games.

It would be pretty hilarious if this was actually the case.

Sadly I think I have that disk too. :( Halo 3 is a great game and im used to the framerate but 500 ping seems about right some games lol.

Pretty safe to assume that juices got a flawed Halo 3 disc that ran the game at constant 15fps, 500ms ping and booted him from games often.

Pretty much. Three flawed DVDs. Two Halo 3's and a Mythic.

I forgot I quit a lot of AR games too. I said suckit Bungie don't gimme shit gametypes.

Overdoziz

Banned
I seriously don't understand how Hiredn00bs and Stephen can be Inheritor. I've been no-lifing this shit since launch and I've still got like 4 million credits to go. And Hiredn00bs has been Inheritor since like a month after the game came out.

FyreWulff

I agree with making 1-sided objective games globally 2 rounds only. They did it to certain BTB gametypes and it's awesome.

One offense each, one defense each, if you don't want to tie 1-1 well you should have done better. I've generally disagreed with the gametypes getting longer and longer each time a Halo game comes out. Halo 2's 12 minutes were just right, Halo 3's 20 minute neutral bomb games were a 20 minute wait to get 1 exp.

Retro

This is more hilarious than it should be.

GbhyM.png

It'd stop quitting pretty damn quick, wouldn't it though? I mean, yeah, it breaks the realism of the game, but if quitting actually had a highly visible effect on how you were treated from game to game? It's like a giant billboard that says "I'm a douche-nozzle"; the enemies go after you because you're an easy target, teaching humility... and anyone who gets matched with a big-headed teammate will gave some pretty nasty things to say too.

How long before people stopped being little crybabies?

And it's a perfect metaphor, these people who think they are so good that they should never lose.

I seriously don't understand how Hiredn00bs and Stephen can be Inheritor. I've been no-lifing this shit since launch and I've still got like 4 million credits to go. And Hiredn00bs has been Inheritor since like a month after the game came out.
Took me just over 11 months of playing every day and getting nearly every challenge, and there were plenty of people that did it sooner than I did.

Remember how I hit 10,000 automatic kills the other day? Yeah, I was checking my friend gophillies' Service Record and he's about to hit 32,000.

There's always a a bigger fish.

Ramirez

11K total games in a little over a year is simply inconceivable to me. I had literally no life during my Halo 3 hay day and it still took me 3-4 years to reach 10K games. >.>

Thermite

11K total games in a little over a year is simply inconceivable to me. I had literally no life during my Halo 3 hay day and it still took me 3-4 years to reach 10K games. >.>

Well, that's clearly the difference between a real-life Halo Community Veteran and someone like yourself, Ramirez.

Overdoziz

Banned
Remember how I hit 10,000 automatic kills the other day? Yeah, I was checking my friend gophillies' Service Record and he's about to hit 32,000.
4,600 matches in multi-team
24,000 AR kills

Can't get any grosser than that. It's the ultimate fat bad kid.

Also, getting Inheritor in 11 months requires getting about 60k credits a day.

How long before people stopped being little crybabies?

And it's a perfect metaphor, these people who think they are so good that they should never lose.

Big Head Mode wouldn't work. If I quit and got that penalty I would just idle in the next game to reset to regular mode. So rather than solve the quitting problem, you've just greatly increased the idling problem.

The easiest way to stop quitters is to focus on making the gameplay fun while managing the playlists in a way that prevents players from having to play a game type that they don't like.

No more Snipers games outside of the Snipers playlist. No Race games outside of the Race playlist. Don't ship maps with easily exploitable features (original Zealot for example).

Don't design a shooter with gameplay that disproportionately rewards players who go for kills by doing things other than shoot (grenades, wacky AA's, punch-punch).

No more four-way split-screeners vs. a team of four full-screeners.

Ranked play to discourage quitters for the competitive players and drop-in/drop-out for social games so that you don't get the quitter cascade effect.

Do ALL of this and you will hopefully cut quitting to half the rate we see in Reach. The quitters will always be with us, but they don't have to overwhelm us.

Retro

Big Head Mode wouldn't work. If I quit and got that penalty I would just idle in the next game to reset to regular mode. So rather than solve the quitting problem, you've just greatly increased the idling problem.

I was half-joking anyways... half-joking in that I would actually love to see a BK stroll into a Sniper's Match with a hot air balloon-sized head.

If it's all about winning though, wouldn't standing in a corner idle hurt their precious win/loss score?

FyreWulff

Implement multiplayer bots already and have a bot take over after the game detects idling. You can't take back over until the bot dies.

I was half-joking anyways... half-joking in that I would actually love to see a BK stroll into a Sniper's Match with a hot air balloon-sized head.

If it's all about winning though, wouldn't standing in a corner idle hurt their precious win/loss score?

I agree it's a funny idea, I was just looking for an excuse to rattle off a quitter-manifesto.

I would argue that there are more quits over gametype/map/gameplayrage than over win/loss issues.

zap

No, but I am desperately worried about the Twitch.tv viewer economy and how it can be exploited. First they came for the NinjaTrolls, and I did not speak up, for I was not a BK,

Then they came for the inheritors, and I did not speak up, for I was not an inheritor,

You know what Im kinda tired of? MP map environments based mostly off of campaign. When you go back to the older games and see how unique and mysterious some of the locales were and then play Reach it makes me sad. I would love to see modern revisions of some of the more unique styles and locations.

I suppose this goes hand in hand with the dislike of Forge Worlds simplicity and repetitive look.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

Holy crap, just clicked on Furry-GAF by accident...

rocky.gif

Didn't even know such a thing existed on here. >.>

Don't say shit in there, they are one of the more sensitive groups on gaf and you will get banned quicker than shit.

Hyperbole aside, that's all they play. Halo is all both of them have played. I've known them since the IGN forums.

Kuroyume

Banned
I'd rather talk about Halo Reach than play it at this point. The maps might have been good but I've barely played the Anniversary maps... Maybe like 10-15 games. Total waste getting that.

Almost dislike Reach as I did H3... ALMOST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom