• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't everything besides TS and Infection have abysmal numbers as is? Im all for some consolidation... but I think the reason some playlists get hurt so badly is because of the Forge maps popping up. I know 343 has increased the weighting on studio maps... wonder how that's been working out for the #'s...
How did you come to that conclusion? Living Dead, TS and BTB are the most popular playlists and they all feature a ton of Forge maps. I don't like a lot of the Forge maps in MM either but that's definitely not the reason for the crappy numbers in other playlists. Especially since Objective and Squad Slayer only really have Asylum (decent), Pinnacle and Uncaged (both awful).

Fracas

#fuckonami
This is kinda random (actually it's completely random), but I just remembered someone asking the question, "could the BR and DMR exist in the same halo?".
How would you react to DMR/BR starts, where the BR's scope is reduced (1.5x maybe), and the DMR has a fixed RoF (a rate similar to the original intended firing cadence, no bloom obviously)? Also, no AR at all. I know, this is probably pretty dumb, but I like both weapons, and I'd love to see them return.

edit: scratch the DMR/BR starts, just make it one or the other, plus a pistol. the original combo would be way overpowered.

Homeboyd

How did you come to that conclusion? Living Dead, TS and BTB are the most popular playlists and they all feature a ton of Forge maps. I don't like a lot of the Forge maps in MM either but that's definitely not the reason for the crappy numbers in other playlists. Especially since Objective and Squad Slayer only really have Asylum (decent), Pinnacle and Uncaged (both awful).
Just seeing if this thing is on.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Uhg, when I end up in a game where armor lock is in, I remember why I quit Halo.

Other than that, the TU and Anniversary games are great.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
zOMG Halo 4 ARG [ON]

Don't even bother clicking...

Does waypoint not work with chrome? Shit either doesn't load, or loads like I'm back in 1995 with my 28.8 modem.

I have stopped raging in Halo.

Until someone Armor Locks in front of me.

Then it's fucking rage time.

Yeah, it's the only real complaint I ever had, and it truly ruins the experience for me.

Aside from that it's fun as hell.

i only used to play squad. 2 reasons:
- no armor lock
- minimal amount of forge

now i only play zero bloom

I like BTB now, I removed most of the halo people on my friends list to make room for gears players. Now I'm bouncing between both games, so I'm slowly re-adding Halo people.

When I get some more, and I get better, I'll probably give TS and the smaller playlists a go again.

789shadow

Banned
Also, hate to be the stupid noob who wants in the club, but, isn't there like some sort of survery or shit like that for new HaloGAFers to fill out?

FyreWulff

Why don't they just keep Team Slayer as it is now (one voting option is Vanilla, the other is TU)?

Well before, it was confusing as lists like Anniversary Squad literally had three different pistols and you'd never know what you would get until you tried to kill someone with it.

Then they fixed the problem by labeling the gametypes as TU _____ , but then mooted labeling the gametypes by enacting a new policy that lists would either be 100% TU or 100% Vanilla. So we end up with pointless shit like TU Infection in Anniversary FFA, because as we all know a gametype where nobody has shields needs bleedthrough.

One step forward, two steps back. I myself wouldn't have any problem with "TU" being an option just like everything else, but at this point the way they have things set up? Just make all playlists TU already.

I can't wait to see what level editor comes with Far Cry 3...

:|

I'm assuming it will be awesome, but I'm not dropping any preorder money on it until it's 100% confirmed to be in.

Who's for a Community-only playlist (4v4 and 8v8 playlist)? Yeah some other playlists need to be consolidated but this would eliminate all Forge maps from existing in ANY playlist outside of this community playlist and people who like Forge maps can jump in and get their fill whenever. Make it a "beta" playlist so the strongest maps survive (sort of like Bungie did) but continue to update them with new maps each month.

?

This was Bungie's original plan until they ran out of time. 343 would have to actually back Halo Reach in a significant capacity to execute, and with Halo 4 around the corner I do not see it happening.

Does waypoint not work with chrome? Shit either doesn't load, or loads like I'm back in 1995 with my 28.8 modem.

Yeah, it's the only real complaint I ever had, and it truly ruins the experience for me.

Aside from that it's fun as hell.

I like BTB now, I removed most of the halo people on my friends list to make room for gears players. Now I'm bouncing between both games, so I'm slowly re-adding Halo people.

When I get some more, and I get better, I'll probably give TS and the smaller playlists a go again.

i was really into gears at a certain point. just cant get back into it anymore.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I was only half serious. I would take a Narrows remake(if it's a good one) or Oasis and Nexus at this point.

MLG Narrows was awesome, you can't take stock maps at face value.

Exactly. Bungie really fucked up normal narrows. The fucked with the spawns, weapons on map could have been better and equipment sucked ass.

MLG really made Pit shine too. They added a few crates and boxes here and there and the map changed drastically. Suddenly you can get from Pit to play easily and flag hole to plat was now possible. Really changed the map a lot.

789shadow

Banned
I think Letter's proposed we axe that, which I support 100%.

WELL HERE IT IS ANYWAY.

Are you a very recently approved member of neogaf?
I don't remember, to be honest. Maybe a year or two since approval.
What country are you posting from and what’s your current age.
United States, 18.
At what age did you get into Halo and with which game.
This year, with Reach. I know.
For how long have you been reading HaloGAF?
About 2 weeks. Yep.
What’s your absolute favorite Halo campaign? And your favorite multiplayer? (you’re not allowed to pick Halo: Combat Evolved for any of the two)
Halo 3. I really can't have a favorite multiplayer.
Highest Halo 3 level and which playlist.
No effin idea.
AR or BR?
BR.
Absolute favorite multiplayer map from Combat Evolved, Halo 2 and 3 (just one from each).
N/A for 1 and 2, that one in the giant trees for 3 (no I will not look up the name.)
Least hated Reach mp map.(excluding Anniversary pack)
Breakpoint, because I've never played on it.
Do you prefer BTB or MLG? (pre-Reach era)
Can't say for pre-Reach, but BTB.
Competitive multiplayer or Firefight?
Competitive multiplayer.
Games completed on solo Legendary.
Zero, probably will stay that way for a long time.
Are you EazyB? Mike DongBlain?
I am Legion.
What are some of your favorite Campaign missions.
The Silent Cartographer.
Favorite Reach playlists.
Action Sack, Anniversary Classic, Team Snipers.
Size of frankie erotica folder (in megabytes).
Nothing at all.
Opinion on reticule bloom.
I don't even know what this is.
Opinion on Armor Abilities and the one you usually end up picking.
FUCK ARMOR LOCK. FUCK IT. FUCK IT FOREVER.
Why are you a Halo fan?
It's damn fun.
Favorite Halogaffer, and least favorite (besides Dax). (optional)
Who are you people.
Now feel free to introduce yourself and/or share anything you want so we get to know you better, some of us would enjoy reading it. (optional)

Gamertag: GUFU789shadow

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I think Letter's proposed we axe that, which I support 100%.

Yea not gonna lie, I just skim that shit these days. No offense juniors. Actually, I just look at the original questions that I posted back then. There were like 3 questions about MLG lol

Trey

It's okay juniors and new community members, I read it (once, and retain pretty much none of the information). I never filled it out myself so I must live vicariously through you youngbloods.

Survey should just ask which halo is the best? And if anything other than Halo 1 or 2 (since 2 is online and they might get confuzzled) is put down, AUTO IGNORE.

CyReN

A map that's only good in one playlist after being completely redone isn't a good map.

I don't know about that, I disliked vanilla Midship, The Pit, Construct, Narrows etc and MLG made them fun to play. Like Tashi said earlier about The Pit, those additions made the map for me.

Ramirez

Yea not gonna lie, I just skim that shit these days. No offense juniors. Actually, I just look at the original questions that I posted back then. There were like 3 questions about MLG lol

I only look at fav. and least fav. gaffers and everyone's too pussy to put anything, so the whole thing is a sham.

A map that's only good in one playlist after being completely redone isn't a good map.

I liked Team BRs Narrows in regular playlists, the spawns sucked, but the spawns usually suck on all maps.

GhaleonEB

First BTB game in a long time tonight.

I admit I was dismayed when I read that the Cartographers were working on BTB Heavies. My first thought was, I sure they polished up regular BTB before moving onto Heavies. But it's still a complete mess, and not fun at all. (It didn't help that by the end of the game, it was 4 v 6, and what was left of my team was still fighting each other.)

I hope that with Halo 4, the playlist management is much more detailed. Just really zero in on each playlist and polish them to a shine. Reach got off to a terrible start with the launch playlists and it's been all cleanup from there, and 343's focus and resources have gone to creating the TU and Anniversary game types, maps and playlists. Now BTB Heavies is coming along, while BTB is still in poor shape.

This is not a comment on the quality of what I played of the Heavies stuff, but rather a lament that longstanding problems in matchmaking are still out there as new content is developed.

Also, Firefight. :(

Ramirez

I'm still trying to find these people who were clamoring for heavies to be added, fix what is there before adding on more trash.

Havok

I don't know about that, I disliked vanilla Midship, The Pit, Construct, Narrows etc and MLG made them fun to play. Like Tashi said earlier about The Pit, those additions made the map for me.
I guess so. I can only come at it as someone who doesn't touch MLG, and Construct/Narrows were pretty bad with the way they were set up in regular matchmaking. In those cases I regard them as maps with potential that was completely squandered (I hold Guardian in the same regard).
I liked Team BRs Narrows in regular playlists, the spawns sucked, but the spawns usually suck on all maps.
I had so many awful experiences getting spawn trapped by people holed up in center and snipers across the way, combined with the horrible lag I had to put up with since my TS team was half Norwegians, that it's always been hard for me to separate that experience from what the map actually was.

Also, I invested the time to getting a setup to stream out PC footage which was way more of a pain in the ass than I thought it was going to be. I did a couple of test runs, a little Old Republic and then the CMT v2 Two Betrayals, and I was curious if the video was choppy for everyone or if its just a factor of me being on this shitty laptop.

Edit: tested on the gaming PC and it looks okay. I'll try upping the bitrate for when I look at the new CMT version this weekend, so it won't be as blocky for those who want to watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom