• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Not strictly true as we counted te Peimordium excerpt as a January episode. :) We're actually planning to record a new episode later this week with a couple very special guests. Anything we should talk about?

If we know who the guests are we could come up with some good, appropriate questions/topics for sure. =)

Karl2177

Not strictly true as we counted te Peimordium excerpt as a January episode. :) We're actually planning to record a new episode later this week with a couple very special guests. Anything we should talk about?

How good looking I am. Or maybe how you never ever post on Waypoint. Or maybe Halo stuff.

But Gabotron told me it was fun. So they have really fixed it with more trash.

Some people find getting their balls smashed funny, this is the kind of fun I was talking about Hyper :p

Seriously, I enjoyed Heavy matches in 3 and I've had a good time testing them for Reach.

Edit: Add some real funny gametypes to Action Sack! Fuck Shotty Campers and Speedpile!

Everything. Lets meet some of the team.
Some of the engineers? Corrine Yu?
Haven't heard from Voc/Cocop lately.

Don't have to talk about Halo 4, talk about previously Halo stuff.

Or get some of the design team, Jesse Snyder, Scott Warner, pick their brain about design topics, have them talk about games they enjoyed and why etc.
There's so much potential for great Sparkcasts!
And yes, I realise you've probably tried to make this happen already. <3
If we know who the guests are we could come up with some good, appropriate questions/topics for sure. =)
Also very true.

If we know who the guests are we could come up with some good, appropriate questions for sure. =)

Some generic questions for lybertyboy :p

Beard present? If not, why? Discuss the experience of maintaining a healthy man-face. Compare regiments.

What's Crunch time for 343 like? History takes us back to a time when Bungie employees were lavished with trollies of snacks and ice creams. How has history shaped the current shenaigans?

Y u no post on Waypoint? (This one is especially applicable to any guest)

Does it ever get any easier working with NDAs? Does temptation to utter even a single iota ever manifest itself in a physical, audible form?

TheOddOne

Or get some of the design team, Jesse Snyder, Scott Warner, pick their brain about design topics, have them talk about games they enjoyed and why etc.
Piggybacking on Zeouterlimits suggestion and co-signing it!

Would love to hear Jason Behr and Kynan Pearson their thoughts on Halo.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So for PAX Prime this year and the HaloGaf meet up, I would like to suggest Frank and David take the few HaloGaf members at PAX on a 343i tour. :p :p :p

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
For those going to pax prime, I'm jealous, simply because Washington especially the Seattle area are awesome, make sure you hit some of the restaurants down by Pike's place.

I think I'll eventually move back there, such an awesome place to live.

Instead of a Sparkcast they should just give us full audio from a Halo 4 multiplayer match.

It's sad that audio of a MP match would make me happy. :(

Oh, new podcast? I would like to hear a bit about the Glasslands follow up novel, and maybe what to expect from Reach MM in the future. Are future map packs for Reach done? I would guess so, but I wouldn't mind that being talked about. Also, of course Halo 4, and if you cant talk specifics just talk basics and teases. Or maybe what we can expect to see from marketing when it gets its gears moving.

inbe4"HALO 4" stuff.

Situation about Firefight, more development stories about Anniversary or a tease of the 3rd Forerunner book.

edit. ^^^ GODDAMNIT DAX! DAMN!

Haha too perfect.

For those going to pax prime, I'm jealous, simply because Washington especially the Seattle area are awesome, make sure you hit some of the restaurants down by Pike's place.

I think I'll eventually move back there, such an awesome place to live.

We tried.

Only me, Sean P, and Devin Olsen showed up. :p
Hypertrooper tried, but got lost and only found us as we were leaving. Moments later we ran into Tim Dadabo on the street (he recognized us from the day before) so all was not lost.

Next time we'll have to plan a GAF meetup for dinner - The Athenian had an excellent breakfast, but it was too far from the hotels for everyone to get there early enough. (Of course, the HBO breakfast the next day was even earlier but that was much closer to PAX.)

Tawpgun

Gamescom dude, we're 5 hours ahead of you and 9 hours ahead of those west coast players.

And leave the best goddamn country of ever?

america-fuck-yeah.jpg

srsly, pax east has more attendance than prime and you can show H4 gameplay plz

GhaleonEB

The playlist update process. I'd love to hear about the process for identifying, implementing, and testing updates and changes.

The plan for Firefight updates.

FyreWulff

Since we have no real idea of what to latch on to Halo 4, I'd like to hear actual details on Halo 3 and ODST's support post-transition. Recon unlocking, file shares for H3/ODST, stats, remote chances of H3's matchmaking being consolidated.

Also future Reach update plans.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
We tried.

Only me, Sean P, and Devin Olsen showed up. :p
Hypertrooper tried, but got lost and only found us as we were leaving. Moments later we ran into Tim Dadabo on the street (he recognized us from the day before) so all was not lost.

Next time we'll have to plan a GAF meetup for dinner - The Athenian had an excellent breakfast, but it was too far from the hotels for everyone to get there early enough. (Of course, the HBO breakfast the next day was even earlier but that was much closer to PAX.)

I was at the 2010 meet-up for breakfast. It was pretty successful.

I'd be down for dinner and drinks this year though. Get Frankles and Mr. Ellis out, and anyone else who can make it. Someone can create a Master Chief shot.

Like who? :p

God I fucking suck.
Tut tut, take initiative, check Game Historys :p.

I'm not going to volunteer anyone, but practivally everyone here is willing to bring someone along. I've largely committed to not playing Reach anymore, don't enjoy it, so I can't help in that sense.

You can leave self-deprecation in the OT. Save your energy for insulting someone who enjoys Halo differently to you :-D

789shadow

Banned
Tut tut, take initiative, check Game Historys :p.

I'm not going to volunteer anyone, but practivally everyone here is willing to bring someone along. I've largely committed to not playing Reach anymore, don't enjoy it, so I can't help in that sense.

You can leave self-deprecation in the OT. Save your energy for insulting someone who enjoys Halo differently to you :-D

*annoys Homeboyd*

789shadow, the best way to get in XBL parties with GAF members is to just post when you're playing.

"I'm playing Squad DLC. Need help. GT: ncsuDuncan"

That, or just watch for when others make posts like that and try to join (send them an XBL message).

Once you've been posting regularly in the thread people will be more likely to accept XBL Friend Requests. Some of us have full lists, so until then you might have to settle for party invites.

Kuroyume

Banned
Heavies ruined Halo 3 for me. I wasn't crazy about H3 BTB (and multi in general) because of the unbalanced vehicles but I still managed to enjoy myself ever once in a while before they added the game type. I think its Halo at its worst. One hit kill weapons all over the place. Really? How can anyone enjoy that? I lost all desire to play H3 once they added that to BTB because it came up so often and the games were always lopsided. Either you were on the team that destroyed and camped the other forcing people to quit so the result being that you spent the the duration of the game looking for one or two people who were hiding, or it was the other way around. That's not fun to me. Fun games in Halo are when teams are evenly matched and the game is decided at the last second. That's not a common thing in Halo games in general but it happens... Except for in Heavies. I never played a close Heavies game.

Heavies ruined Halo 3 for me. I wasn't crazy about H3 BTB (and multi in general) because of the unbalanced vehicles but I still managed to enjoy myself ever once in a while before they added the game type. I lost all desire to play H3 once they added that to BTB because it came up so often and the games were always lopsided.
But what about the rest of Halo 3?
If BTB wasn't your main draw (from your line about not being crazy about H3 BTB), then why does heavies becomes weighted matter so much?

Otherwise I agree, wasn't the biggest fan of heavies. Loved a lot about BTB though. So many memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom