• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

I am probably the only one out there that wants bloom and armor abilities back in Halo 4. But make them optional. Keep the elements of the core Halo in and also have the availability of the elements that changed the pace of the gameplay. They are great concepts but were poorly executed in Reach. If it is done right, then I would gladly welcome it as an option in Halo 4.

BRING ON THE HATE!!!

Replace bloom with recoil/weapon weight, make AAs better is what I personally wanted.

FyreWulff

They can change the damage of the pistol though right? Make it pop shields after 2 shots? this would probably make it 4 shots to the body for a kill though, which would still be terrible.

Anniversary Classic needs bleedthrough, I hope this is a communication error or something.

Yeah, the other solution is 2 shots to the body to pop shields, which as you said has it's own host of implications, and veers away from the Halo 1 simulation.

aDDiKt24

Banned
Yep, my 3 basic rules about gamers.

1. Gamers don't know what they really want until it's given to them.

2. Everything old is always better than anything new.

3. They will find a reason to bitch about anything, no matter how good it is.

Junior is not long for this world.

Sucking up to developers and ratting out people getting into a demo did a lot to your credibility around here and in other forums. Did it land you a job yet?

Danis

Neo Member
I don't know if this has been expressed enough yet, but I absolutely love that they are trying to make the armor look functional. The Chief's armor has always looked like a bunch of metal plates slapped over kevlar. Now it seems to have function. I mean, it's power armor, not BMX armor. I'm loving the new design. That goes for the Spartan IV's in MP too.

Small nitpick: The Spartan armor looks a bit flat, texture and lighting wise. I would love to see a little more pop with the texture and lighting on the armor like early Halo 3 shots

senador

Banned
WOW. The game looks tits. I hate that phrase, but it seems fitting here.

Sure, I'll remain a bit skeptical until we see more, but this small look gave me a lot more faith in 343. That looks and sounds so good. I'm not sure about perks and abilities of sorts, but I'm not ashamed to admit I was glad to see sprint there.

Halo 4!

This is starting to fly around the interwebs. Confirm/deny? The bulletin seemed to come off like bleedthrough was a seperable component, so it wouldn't make sense that Anniversary Classic would have to lose bleedthrough as well.

annivbleedthroughremova.png

Horrible grammar for Jess, likely a troll. I'll look into it.

Risen

Dude, really? Come on man...
!

So you liked how the AA's were implemented in Reach, loved Bloom, thought the change in the pistol from Beta to final release was great, liked inertia such that you could not strafe, adored the lower jump height, and could not get enough of the map design.

Check.

Retro

Sucking up to developers and ratting out people getting into a demo did a lot to your credibility around here and in other forums. Did it land you a job yet?

I can't tell which is uglier; your personality or your avatar. Bye.

Wolf emblem on red team?

Misriah logo on the BR?

Match made in heaven.

hmm... maybe the Red and Blue teams represent different weapon manufacturers completing for ONI Contracts by having their equipment tested in death matches =p

Oozer3993

Everyone speculating about the scoreboard should note that there are other numbers beside the scoreboard... It's 2-1 to the blue team in the strafing gif.

I think that's just the current place in the game, i.e. 1st place and 2nd place. Those numbers didn't change during either time in the footage when a player was killed.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
So you liked how the AA's were implemented in Reach, loved Bloom, thought the change in the pistol from Beta to final release was great, liked inertia such that you could not strafe, adored the lower jump height, and could not get enough of the map design.

Check.

It wasn't really meant as an all serious factual blanket statement for all people/gamers everywhere. It's more of a general "personality" of gamers joke.
Let's not get crazy here...

Risen

It wasn't really meant as an all serious factual blanket statement for all people/gamers everywhere.
Let's not get crazy here...

My overall point was that developers emphatically do NOT necessarily know what makes better game play. Sorry if not clear... quick posting by phone lol.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
My overall point was that developers emphatically do NOT necessarily know what makes better game play.

I didn't actually say they did, just that gamers don't know what they really want until they get it. ;)

On topic.

I was deployed when Halo 2 was out. How did clans work in it?

Ken

Radar looks flat in that gif. Hopefully that means it no longer shows enemies at different elevations than you? Also, looks like it leaves a little mark in the direction of allies that aren't in radar range?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Radar looks flat in that gif. Hopefully that means it no longer shows enemies at different elevations than you? Also, looks like it leaves a little mark in the direction of allies that aren't in radar range?

Their looks to be elevation indicators on the dots. You'll see an arrow point up or down for both enemies and teammates. And yea, you're second question seems to be true.

Risen

I didn't actually say they did, just that gamers don't know what they really want until they get it. ;)

On topic.

A second list similar to your Friends List. Clans could also be up to 100 people I believe.

Edit: You agreed with Der Flatulator (who made that statement) with a fat YEP.

Ken

Their looks to be elevation indicators on the dots. You'll see an arrow point up or down for both enemies and teammates. And yea, you're second question seems to be true.
Hm, I haven't seen it in HD yet so I didn't notice the arrows on enemy and ally markers.

E: Okay, I see it now.

aDDiKt24

Banned
I can't tell which is uglier; your personality or your avatar. Bye.

hmm... maybe the Red and Blue teams represent different weapon manufacturers completing for ONI Contracts by having their equipment tested in death matches =p

So after bringing up valid points about the positives of the footage, as well as negatives. Then being told by shogun that I will/should be banned, I cannot defend myself with historically correct facts?

Is this real life?

Striker

Played 6-8 player matches in Minor Clanmatches which were slayer/objectives, and in Major Clanmatch it was 12-18 players. You rank up as a Clan, no matter who played in said games, like you normally would in regular Team Slayer, Rumble Pit, Team Skirmish, etc.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Played 6-8 player matches in Minor Clanmatches which were slayer/objectives, and in Major Clanmatch it was 12-18 players. You rank up as a Clan, no matter who played in said games, like you normally would in regular Team Slayer, Rumble Pit, Team Skirmish, etc.

Did clans get skill ranked? Man, that sounds awesome as hell. I would definitely want something like that in Halo 4 (or any other game).

No problem

Finally cought up with this thread, so much awesomeness!

BR looks cool, always preferred it over the DMR
I'm still skeptical about the perk/armor thing. I've it's done right, it could be awesome.

I think the Spartan 4's fighting each other in multiplayer will be simulations while firefight is going to be actual missions for the Spartan 4's.

DMeisterJ

Banned
It'd be so nice if "Holiday 2012" meant a September launch. It looks so amazing and waiting all the way to a probable November launch is gonna be hard.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I just noticed something that I didn't see anyone talking about.

Sprint is back. (was this brought up yet? If so, my bad.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=f6UL63Zo-uo#t=115s

1:53-2:01

So I guess sprint was already brought up then looking at this gif?

Yes, you were ranked as group, no matter who played in the games.

Yeah, need that.

daedalius

Finally cought up with this thread, so much awesomeness!

BR looks cool, always preferred it over the DMR
I'm still skeptical about the perk/armor thing. I've it's done right, it could be awesome.

I think the Spartan 4's fighting each other in multiplayer will be simulations while firefight is going to be actual missions for the Spartan 4's.

Hope so.

If they want to put a story spin on multiplayer, definitely could be Spartan 4 training. Weeding out candidates for full modification.

I see the HUD bob ;) sweet.

It already looks like you move at Anniversary speed... sprint gun' be fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom