• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Halo 4 will have a perk that will ensure the player needs one less kill for an overkill. <3

:lol you fucker, that was a good one

Shoe said:
We’re hearing that power weapons may not respawn in at set intervals, adding some unpredictability as to when rocket launchers, Spartan Lasers, and WMDs may reappear on the battlefield. The point of this is to make sure experienced players won’t dominate matches by running timed circuits to grab all the best goodies.

Interesting. I wonder if this will be wide spread across all gametypes. I have an opinion on this but I don't want to jump to conclusions

Holiday

Banned
Frankie said:
We're not chasing anybody else's tail - all the pressure comes from inside.
Frankie said:
So rather than chasing Call of Duty or Battlefield and trying to do their thing and doing it poorly and doing injustice to it, we're trying to do our own thing, and do something fairly original but still something that's completely compatible with the Halo universe.
Frankie said:
Halo's not Call of Duty...We're not trying to do the same thing, it's as simple as that. We're trying to do something else, and to push our game forwards and not theirs.

I once knew a fat chick who would go on and on about how she wasn't fat, even though she was fat as hell.

Frankie protests too much. I expect to see a credit for Jerry Bruckheimer at the end of H4.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Frankie/David - mind releasing some better/higher versions of the multiplayer level's concept art? :d

wraparound.jpg

warhouse.jpg

According to this article... Take it with a grain of salt.
http://venturebeat.com/2012/03/05/11-things-learned-about-halo-4/

1) Unlockable gear that changes gameplay
&#8220;One of the things we wanted to do with Halo 4,&#8221; says creative director Josh Holmes, &#8220;was introduce a progression system that allows players to unlock things that not only change the way their character looks but also the way their character plays&#8230;that empowers players to make choices that have a meaningful impact on their gameplay experience in multiplayer. That&#8217;s a big change, but it&#8217;s one of the things we&#8217;re most excited about.&#8221;"

2) Customizable loadouts
"&#8220;You have the ability to choose from a wide arsenal of weapons and abilities that can be a part of your character&#8217;s individual loadout,&#8221; says Holmes. Right now, no one outside of 343 knows how much more ambitious this will be compared to what Reach offered."

3) Random weapon respawns
"We&#8217;re hearing that power weapons may not respawn in at set intervals, adding some unpredictability as to when rocket launchers, Spartan Lasers, and WMDs may reappear on the battlefield. The point of this is to make sure experienced players won&#8217;t dominate matches by running timed circuits to grab all the best goodies."

Please 343i, make the game competitive by playing skilled players against other skilled players.
Don't make the game competitive by giving less skilled players more ways to kill more skilled players.

Are people seriously going to go down this road with reggie? I know some of you are youthful and fresh-faced, but his is a dance as old as time.

So we finally get you back posting in here and it is only so we can be studied? I feel used.
Maybe I've been here all the time. Watching. Recording.

Tashi

If it is the case, and I hope it isn't, I'm sure you'll be able to turn it off for MLG.

Yea but I wanna play Halo 4 too. Not just Halo 4 MLG.

The whole look and feel of Halo 4 is growing on me. Looks very high tech and futuristic. New BR is sick.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Holy shit, just watched the video, they really are going back to the Halo 3 feel...

Also, dat armor.

Edit: Dani, thanks for compiling all the stuff on FUD.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
So what are the terms with Satan for 720p with AA and running this on the 360? Standard contract or something special?

Homeboyd

"We&#8217;re hearing that power weapons may not respawn in at set intervals, adding some unpredictability as to when rocket launchers, Spartan Lasers, and WMDs may reappear on the battlefield. The point of this is to make sure experienced players won&#8217;t dominate matches by running timed circuits to grab all the best goodies."

Whoa

Looks like a back button symbol next to BR Slayer at the bottom right...

Explanation of rules perhaps? That'd be cool for customs or checking kill limits and stuff.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
so, the perk thing isnt necessarily bad IMO. i just hope they arent game changers. a few random ones i thought of while showering

small percentage boost to;
- base player trait boost. one for speed, one for jump height, one for crouch walk speed, etc.
- shield recharge rate
- shield size
- damage dealt
- length of sprint

other;
- vision enhance mode ala ODST
- bigger range on motion tracker
- map elements (weapons? vehicles?) on motion tracker
- slight scrambler around your own position on tracker
- 3d tracker

again, as long as they dont present a huge advantage and you cant massively stack them, i'm okay with perks. also, they need to either be avaialble from the start or very quick to unlock

Risen

Don't make the game competitive by giving less skilled players more ways to kill more skilled players.

This... oh so much this. Though in truth, that may have just been the game type they were shown, not how it is consistently applied in all of MP.

Karl2177

By the way I wasn't being facetious about this. If anyone's good at eyeballin' this that would be spiffy, or if we could get an official word on the matter that would be fantastic.

After calc, I will come back and attempt to figure this out. Unless someone else figures it out first or Frank/Ellis/Cocop comes in on a golden BR horse and announces it.

aDDiKt24

Banned
720p? Nice.

Now show me a map with character or feeling and we maybe onto something.

P.S At least Reggie is being honest, unlike most of the sheep within this flock.

Tashi

I remember I used to wait and download these videos so I could watch them on my TV through my 360. Now I play on a monitor so there's no point. I'm sure it will look more crisp though because of how youtube compresses shit.

Heck: 24 hr ban for GIF spamming

O D I N

I have returned from my lurking slumber... Anybody miss me? No? Okay. ._.

I'm pretty sure the last OT I was on was 3 or 4... o_O So it's obviously been a while.

Needless to say, this vidoc (if I can call it that) was great.

Spartan IVs!? When looking a timeline, it would make sense. But I really hope we can get some other info on what makes a Spartan IV a Spartan; Their training/recruiting process, things like. I don't remember much of Glasslands right now, so I don't remember if it was mentioned in their or not, but I'd love some more backstory/lore on that.

It looks great! :) Can't wait to see more.

Fracas

#fuckonami
so, the perk thing isnt necessarily bad IMO. i just hope they arent game changers. a few random ones i thought of while showering

small percentage boost to;
- base player trait boost. one for speed, one for jump height, one for crouch walk speed, etc.
- shield recharge rate
- shield size
- damage dealt

- length of sprint

other;
- vision enhance mode ala ODST
- bigger range on motion tracker
- map elements (weapons? vehicles?) on motion tracker
- slight scrambler around your own position on tracker
- 3d tracker

again, as long as they dont present a huge advantage and you cant massively stack them, i'm okay with perks. also, they need to either be avaialble from the start or very quick to unlock

No offense, but that sounds absolutely horrible, The main reason I enjoy Halo's multiplayer so much is because every player is on equal footing, and damage/damage resistance buffs to players would ruin the game completely for me

That "11 new things we've learned" article is basically "here's 4 things to be concerned about" for me. "Melee kill!" pop-ups? Really?

No offense, but that sounds absolutely horrible, The main reason I enjoy Halo's multiplayer so much is because every player is on equal footing, and damage/damage resistance buffs to players would ruin the game completely for me
It would also make individual contests less predictable, and not in a good way.

Trey

Holy shit, just watched the video, they really are going back to the Halo 3 feel...

Also, dat armor.

Edit: Dani, thanks for compiling all the stuff on FUD.

Halo 2.

But really, where are my defensive options? We have increase movement and strafe it looks like, but I need more.

Looks absolutely fantastic. Though one thing that does bug me is the scope on the BR - the blue screen with crosshairs thing just doesn't sit well with me. I'm also not a fan of large text messages appearing on my screen after kills. Keeping that in the corner would definitely be preferred.

"We’re hearing that power weapons may not respawn in at set intervals, adding some unpredictability as to when rocket launchers, Spartan Lasers, and WMDs may reappear on the battlefield. The point of this is to make sure experienced players won’t dominate matches by running timed circuits to grab all the best goodies."

Well I seriously hope there is no truth to this.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

no prob, and i'm not sure i like that idea much either, thats why i had the repeated caveat that they would be small boosts. but with perks, i cant imagine that we wont see some of these in the game...

Shadders

By the way I wasn't being facetious about this. If anyone's good at eyeballin' this that would be spiffy, or if we could get an official word on the matter that would be fantastic.

Looks like 90 to me, though it's not easy to tell without playing it. Someone with better eyes than me will be able to confirm.

reggie

Banned
Are people seriously going to go down this road with reggie? I know some of you are youthful and fresh-faced, but his is a dance as old as time.

What road? What dance? Are we not aloud to express our honest opinions here? I've said nothing negative about Halo 4, only you guys perceive it that way. The game looks like Reach, to say otherwise would be to live in denial. Again, this criticism is not necessarily bad, it's just people were hyping this to be the next thing since sliced bread and it isn't. Am I now the bad guy for pointing this out and destroying the circlejerk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom