• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuroyume

Banned
Frankie was implying in the OXM interview, that single shot weapons very like the DMR aren't going anywhere.
So there'll be something.

OMG if this is actually the case

tumblr_lmm13fh0M41qh3nrwo1_500.gif

I assume that other single shot weapons will include the Magnum, and possibly a non-human single shot rifle. I doubt the DMR like it is in Reach will be in the game, just too similar to the BR.

GhaleonEB

I like the HUD bob, it's not over done and provides a slight sense of heft and movement.

Next to the "BR Slayer", it looks like the icon for the Start button (or is that Back?). I'm hoping that means hitting Start will display the rules/settings for the gametype you're playing.

Alienshogun
Banned
(Today, 10:14 AM)

aDDiKt24
Banned
(Today, 10:15 AM)

Retro
Banned
(Today, 10:18 AM)

Halo hype making people crazy. Just wait until we get some real trailers
And this, kids, is why you don't let the Halo threads on the gaming side get to you. Visit for amusement and light discussion only, don't get worked up over anything.

The mod with the Tashi special.
rofl

PNut

Banned
Wow! Everything looks and sounds cool so far! When do we get footage of bad journalists playing this game? Can't wait!

Next to the "BR Slayer", it looks like the icon for the Start button (or is that Back?). I'm hoping that means hitting Start will display the rules/settings for the gametype you're playing.

Yeah I had similar thoughts a page or two ago. Could make joining customs and what not way easier to pick up.

Havok

I assume that's exactly what it is, and that seems totally awesome. No more being confused by the tiny variable changes between gametypes! They should pop up before the match as well.

GhaleonEB

But they got banned for posts in this thread, no?

Not sure, could be. I skimmed through and didn't see anything offensive (just arrived at work), might have missed something. The Halo discussion in the Gaming side can be great, but it's easy to get caught getting worked up by some of the drive bys there; that's ensnared a lot of guys from HaloGAF in the past. Folks can get so cozy in our insular community threads and have the wrong reaction when discussion goes a direction they don't like.

daedalius

Where are Domino and Devo? What did they have to say? Did they get to play it? Are they still embargoed?

Yea, where is Devo?

She got to actually play it, didn't she? More info??

Also, thought I'd share that watching the trailer makes me really want to get better at 3d...

just got caught up, woke up a little later than I planned on.

Everything looks really fast. I love it. Sprint is back but oh well, everyone looks fast sprint or not.

Battle Rifle. Enough said.

Perks/Loadouts. I don't know. If it means that I can have a BR start every game, and some new kid wants to spawn with his AR then I'm fine with it.

No beta is going to make this a long wait.

This map is set in a space station hovering in near orbit and we got to see a Spartan IV running around. The station was partially destroyed, so the Spartan was able to jump in zero-g for a bit and the centerpiece of the map is home to a giant mech.

Really? More 0G Gimmicks?

Arnie

So I've been out for a few hours and have probably missed the trailer dissection, could someone try to answer these key points:

- Is there an estimate on how many BR shots it takes to down someone.
- Is bleed through default ala Halo 2 and 3.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
So I've been out for a few hours and have probably missed the trailer dissection, could someone try to answer these key points:

- Is there an estimate on how many BR shots it takes to down someone.
- Is bleed through default ala Halo 2 and 3.

4 maybe 5 judging by how one shot hits the player.
Yes it's bleed through

I can talk now, getting ready for school. I'll have a write up at some point too. If people have specific questions I can answer those too.

Also thanks Earth for reminding me I live in California today with that earthquake at 5:30 am.

GhaleonEB

Is it me or does the screen not flare up and go red when being shot at like in Reach? Maybe it's just because the gif cuts off there but that would be sweet.

I'm assuming it's because it's early. IIRC, the directional fire indicators weren't even in the Reach public beta. It was one of those things I grumbled about a lot since we couldn't tell where fire was coming from. Other than the specific things we can see that provide information, I'm trying not to infer too much about the final HUD state for a reason. Directional fire indicators of some kind have been in all Halo games, so I'm assuming they'll be in Halo 4 in some capacity.

Is he talking about the reticle design or the uncentered reticle location?
I honestly have no idea. The latter, I assume.
I can talk now, getting ready for school. I'll have a write up at some point too. If people have specific questions I can answer those too.

Also thanks Earth for reminding me I live in California today with that earthquake at 5:30 am.

Hope no one you know got hurt!

How did Sprint play in the game? Did everyone start with it? How high can you jump? How fast do you move (sans Sprint)? How many beatdowns to kill someone? Strafing? Inertia? Are they like Halo 2/3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom