• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyReN

Probably already said but

h4showcase_vidoc_13k.9ck0y.jpg

reminds me of

-Halo-Reach-Defiant-Map-Pack-Three-Multiplayer-Maps----Trailer-And-Screenshots.jpg

The statement about zero or low-g is not accurate.

Well that is comforting.

Still remembering, Zealot was fixed with sandbags and a teleporter, A-9 was a pretty lost cause because you need that outside route, Condemned had the center destroyed and irreparable, and all of these would have been much better without.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Were the entire MP maps shown to the press or just the few seconds of we saw?

they got to see 343 demo those maps. one report talked about hearing the spartan running through the map

Seriously though, I need their impressions.

Ghaleon, good spot what we can probably assume is a gametype help. Cool feature.

could just be the press back button to see game details thing halo has always had

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Okay I need to set the record straight, I didn't play anything and no armor abilities were on display.

Next.

Did you see anything not shown in that released Making Of video - if so, then what?

What weapons did you see, anything new? Any obvious differences to older versions?

Is teabagging still in the game? =)

Haven't seen this brought up yet:
6956345187_781bc4041a_b.jpg

Officially the new logo? I really like it a lot.
I like it a lot more.

The statement about zero or low-g is not accurate.
Aw, it could have been fun to go outside into space.

I can talk now, getting ready for school. I'll have a write up at some point too. If people have specific questions I can answer those too.

Also thanks Earth for reminding me I live in California today with that earthquake at 5:30 am.

The press really didn't give a ton info about the gameplay, maps, weapons, etc. I assume not much was shown, but could you elaborate, I feel pretty uninformed.

CyReN

No full match. Got to see two distinct multiplayer maps. Got to see spartan movement, hear it, also got a nice look at the BR in action.

The embargo is over =).

If you don't mind..

Remind you more of Halo 2/3/R if any? and how do you feel about the direction?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
No full match. Got to see two distinct multiplayer maps. Got to see spartan movement, hear it, also got a nice look at the BR in action.

Ok great.

Was it just one person running around a map showing the maps and basic shit off? No combat against other people? Did it feel like running was slow? Quick? Lateral movement, slow? Quick? Jump height seems high. More like Halo 3 or Reach? Something else maybe?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

The embargo is over =).

You are free to talk about anything you saw or heard and opine freely, positive or negative.

If you don't mind..

Remind you more of Halo 2/3/R if any? and how do you feel about the direction?

Reminded me of 2 for the most part. The direction to me seemed awesome. There were also some nice ideas on display not fully fleshed out yet that involved the UI. You could feel and get a sense of the heaviness of the Spartans without losing mobility in this one, that's what made me want to stand up and clap. It felt like they got it. The maps are being made with a great philosophy of making a map geared towards certain playstyles/gametypes, the maps seemed (from my limited time seeing them) have a flow and direction, and a main "mess hall" if you will, and just the overall game seemed sped up which I consider a good thing.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Really? Because no press site wrote about the campaign in their preview, it led me to the assumption that campaign-related content is still under an embargo. I just should stfu.

Haha don't feel bad, I was also under the impression that some campaign details would be shown today. The only thing I read was that the covenant are in the game, and may or may not be an enemy. I can't recall if this is true though.

CyReN

Reminded me of 2 for the most part. The direction to me seemed awesome. There were also some nice ideas on display not fully fleshed out yet that involved the UI. You could feel and get a sense of the heaviness of the Spartans without losing mobility in this one, that's what made me want to stand up and clap. It felt like they got it. The maps are being made with a great philosophy of making a map geared towards certain playstyles, the maps seemed (from my limited time seeing them) have a flow and direction, and a main "mess hall" if you will, and just the overall game seemed sped up which I consider a good thing.

Nice to hear, thanks.

Reminded me of 2 for the most part. The direction to me seemed awesome. There were also some nice ideas on display not fully fleshed out yet that involved the UI. You could feel and get a sense of the heaviness of the Spartans without losing mobility in this one, that's what made me want to stand up and clap. It felt like they got it. The maps are being made with a great philosophy of making a map geared towards certain playstyles/gametypes, the maps seemed (from my limited time seeing them) have a flow and direction, and a main "mess hall" if you will, and just the overall game seemed sped up which I consider a good thing.

tumblr_lscuq6aJP11qdf6w8o1_400.gif

Fracas

#fuckonami

My hype just went from 10/10 to...I'm not sure there's a number for it now.
Well done, Mr. O'Connor and 343. Based on what I've seen, I believe completely.

Just saw this, good lord 1up. This is their headline for H4: Is Halo 4 Trying Too Hard to Be Call of Duty?

Devo, any looks at the MP maps that are not shown in the 343 video?

Nope. Looks like both are in there. I gotta go to school, but I'll be back in like an hour to a little bit. (Class from 12 - 3, won't be back home till 4 or later). I'll have a write up at some point too as I recall stuff.

Homeboyd

Nope. Looks like both are in there. I gotta go to school, but I'll be back in like an hour to a little bit. (Class from 12 - 3, won't be back home till 4 or later). I'll have a write up at some point to as I recall stuff.
Thanks a lot for your answers.

Look forward to reading. :)

Goddamn, shit just keeps getting more awesome today.

Just saw this, good lord 1up. This is their headline for H4: Is Halo 4 Trying Too Hard to Be Call of Duty?
lol gaming journalism.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I'm hoping that Cyclops (?) mech won't be just for show.
They've said it is, at least for that map.
Opine level: Critical Asshole.

You are the wind beneath my jet pack, devo.
You mean thrusters. ;)
Well now I'm feeling more hype.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Guys, have weapon spawns been confirmed as random? One of my friends said he read it in one of the articles?

If it's like that, it's probably a setting you can change. But they didn't say anything about that, there was something on the HUD about weapon placements, but they didn't talk too much about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom