• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I just want some shiny, solid black armor lock.

iboHDveWXKZwmQ.gif

J-Roderton

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this. If there are "game-changing unlocks" with level progression, like COD, does that mean there will be weapons unlocking at higher levels to go along with the loadouts, or whatever? Similar to leveling in COD to get better sniper rifles, etc and having weapons that some other players don't have?

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this. If there are "game-changing unlocks" with level progression, like COD, does that mean there will be weapons unlocking at higher levels to go along with the loadouts, or whatever? Similar to leveling in COD to get better sniper rifles, etc and having weapons that some other players don't have?

I feel like 343 has gone out of their way to make it clear this isn't like COD.

I feel like 343 has gone out of their way to make it clear this isn't like COD.
I'm wracking my brain about what we've been hearing about "perks" and unlocks and stuff, trying to figure out how it would work in a Halo game and I can't think of anything. But I guess we'll see. If it's not like CoD, then what? I'm interested in hearing more, definitely.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Now, if we're talking about Sprint as a power weapon to fight over? It would work a lot better that way, I think. Or if it must be a default ability, there are other ways to balance it out. If a player gets shot, make the him stop sprinting, or have the player wait a full second or two when coming out a sprint for certain weapons, or don't allow them to switch weapons while sprinting. Unless/until changes like this are announced, I'll continue to worry and dislike the implementation of the idea.

I can agree with this stuff. I'm not advocating being able to sprint indefinitely as much as you want. Other big FPS games have sprint and yet don't have the issue of being ambushed by melees repeatedly. I think 343 can balance it to work. Have limited sprint ala CoD, or do as you mentioned, make the player stop when shot, or make it take time to come out of sprint and get your gun to the ready position (ala CoD).

As mentioned I don't want Halo to be CoD or another shooter, but they do have some good ideas on how to add things like sprint and balance it.

I'm wracking my brain about what we've been hearing about "perks" and unlocks and stuff, trying to figure out how it would work in a Halo game and I can't think of anything. But I guess we'll see. If it's not like CoD, then what? I'm interested in hearing more, definitely.

Yea that is just it everything involving perks at this point is speculation. Like you said earlier the AAs and bloom in Reach sounded good on paper until we got our hands on a controller and realized they were sad times. I am going to reserve judgement one way or the other until someone gets some hands on time with them.

Yea that is just it everything involving perks at this point is speculation. Like you said earlier the AAs and bloom in Reach sounded good on paper until we got our hands on a controller and realized they were sad times. I am going to reserve judgement one way or the other until someone gets some hands on time with them.
Or at least some actual concrete details.

TheOddOne

Man, pages have been filled since I left to some treadmill running. I have to digest this all for a while, it's so... overwhelming.

<3 You guys are the best.

Thermite

- Loadouts
- Sprint and potentially other armor abilities
- Perks

Welp. Even the BR being back couldn't make me optimistic for my future with this game.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
who's the babe?

gif730lhw.gif

any speculation from the novels?

She's a bit too young looking to be Serin Osman from Glasslands and I just doubt it would be Naomi Sentzke or any of the Spartan II's or threes.

I'm guessing either some UNSC/ONI person, a Spartan IV, a human Separatist or maybe even the new face model for Cortana, pre-Avataresque skin shading. Or just a face model used for demonstrating some new software technology.

In other words, no clue.

BR55HB SR <- so it looks like its the same name as the previous battle rifle, Is it a successor in the fiction or are we just pretending it always looked like this.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
BR55HB SR <- so it looks like its the same name as the previous battle rifle, Is it a successor in the fiction or are we just pretending it always looked like this.

the obvious answer?
nanomachines!

that will never get old

re-posted from the gaming side (wild, crazy campaign/story theory)

I'm excited to see cortana go through rampancy... But then watch as 343 finds a way to make her human D:

you might be onto something here...

(MAJOR Primordium/Halo Universe Spoilers)
the composer was used to turn chakas (a human) into 343 (an AI/Monitor). what if the major story arc ends with a twist on that. i.e. the only way to save cortana is to use the composer to somehow turn her back into a human or some variation of composer, ai, human, etc.
(^MAJOR Primordium/Halo Universe Spoilers^)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom