• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

feel

Let's see who has the guts to post the list of halogaffers they would get rid of if given the opportunity shall we?? I'll start.

Skip if you don't wanna know

_______
_________
_______
______
________
_________
_______
______
_______
_______
______
_______
________
______
______
_______
________
_________
________
_________
________
________
________
_________
______
_______
____
_____
_____
______
_____

Hey You

I wonder what would happen if most of HaloGaf would be in the same room together.

Let's see who has the guts to post the list of halogaffers they would get rid of if given the opportunity shall we?? I'll start.

_______
_________
_______
______
________
_________
_______
______
_______
_______
______
_______
________
______
______
_______
________
_________
________
_________
________
________
________
_________
______
_______
____
_____
_____
______
_____
Aw come on man, what did I ever do to you?

_______
_________
_______
______
________
_________
_______
______
_______
_______
______
_______
________
______
______
_______
________
_________
________
_________
________
________
________
_________
______
_______
____
_____
_____
______
Dax
Bastard!

Overdoziz

Banned
________
______
______
______
________
________
____
_______
________
_______
Letters
_______
______
____
_________
____

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
This threads a shit hole at the moment. Nice job.

If Reach isn't picked up by MLG this year(apparently it's up to MS right now) I'm gonna be pretty mad. I wish the competitive scene was independent of MLG. Shit will be a mess if no MLG on the circuit.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Some sixth grade level conflict resolution skills in this thread.

If Reach isn't picked up by MLG this year(apparently it's up to MS right now) I'm gonna be pretty mad. I wish the competitive scene was independent of MLG. Shit will be a mess if no MLG on the circuit.

I thought they were just finalizing details. If this is true I'm going to break something. As for the competitive scene being independent, it was at one point but MLG crushed it because it was in their best interest as a business. There was the attempt at getting the site halo nation going as a separate entity but every time I go to their forums there is absolutely no discussion.

Tashi

I thought they were just finalizing details. If this is true I'm going to break something. As for the competitive scene being independent, it was at one point but MLG crushed it because it was in their best interest as a business. There was the attempt at getting the site halo nation going as a separate entity but every time I go to their forums there is absolutely no discussion.

What if MLG pros got a 1v1 league? And every night one or two matches (best of 3) would occur. The community could watch on their favorite players streams. There would be buzz, there would be hype and there would be content coming in very often. It could be like GSL but for Halo. You could even include a code A for amateur players. They could fight for their chance to make it to Code S against the top pros. Have the community donate the prize pool.

@letters https://twitter.com/#!/MLGSundance/status/163011176614207489

Overdoziz

Banned
I'd watch a 1v1 MLG league. Maybe Ninja will actually win something that way. :p

Edit: Devo, some guy named weekend_warrior is using the same avatar you are using right now. It's quite confusing to say the least.

CyReN

1v1 in Halo 2 MLG was one of the most boring things ever, maybe it was the gametype itself but I remember waking up on Sunday mornings during 06'/07' and seeing people camp the same spot for a good 5+ minutes. It only got good when Karma and Strongside figured out how to force people to spawn in areas in 07' I believe. If they could make them something like Lockout was in H2 compared to Warlock I'd be on board, but something over competitive like those Warlock settings made it painful to watch.

I really wish the competitive Halo community would buckle down, it seems like a headless chicken running around right now with no good news so far. Gears 3 community with Hypefestation is the right direction if it isn't picked up by MLG. We can't just keep pooping out these livestreams, videos, and these podcast like segments, there has to be more then this because that isn't really working so far.

Tashi

1v1 in Halo 2 was one of the most boring things ever, maybe it was the gametype itself but I remember waking up on Sunday mornings during 06'/07' and seeing people camp the same spot for 5+ minutes. It only got good when Karma and Strongside figured out how to force people to spawn in areas. If they could make them something like Lockout was in H2 compared to Warlock I'd be on bored, but something over competitive like those Warlock settings made it painful to watch.

I really wish the competitive Halo community would buckle down, it seems like a headless chicken running around right now with no good news so far. Gears 3 community with Hypefestation is the right direction if it isn't picked up by MLG.

Agreed. I'm personally not really a fan of 1v1 in Halo (play or watch) but shit man, it's popular. People eat that shit up. It would also be much easier to organize than a 4v4. 2v2 might be a good road.

Something needs to be done. There has to be money to be made outside of MLG. MLG has spoiled the Halo players lol. It's a shame that there's no real spectator mode in the games themselves. It would make creating a unified league easier. You could just gather the community onto one stream and have commentating as well.

What do you mean up to MS? Do they need Halo CE discs or dlc codes or what?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
That may be so but they are also quite entertaining. Especially the aftermath.
I don't find them entertaining. It makes me roll my eyes and X out the window.

Edit : I just ran into that weekend_warrior kid, too. WTF.

daedalius

I missed the Zelda talk, but SS combat is garbage, awesome dodge rolls and timing is replaced by enemies holding their weapons at 90 degree angles blocking everything but one direction to attack from.

TP was mediocre, but it was way better than this shit. Windwaker is the last Zelda that had combat worth a shit, while I didn't like the ocean, it was way better than this lifeless ass sky.

Give me an overworld like Link to the Past and Windwaker controls please, I'm totally done with this waggle shit.

(also love trolling the gaffer's with Zelda avatars in the OT)

Heckfu all over again.

mbk4e.jpg

FyreWulff

I thought Inheritor was the credit cap yeah.

Nope, you just keep earning credits into forever for some reason.

Maybe they roll over to Halo 4. Just like a cellphone plan!

No, no one knows but those involved. I have heard MS wants CoD played on 360's. Not sure if that's over Halo (would boggle my mind if so) or in conjunction.

Hm, sounds like something MS would try to go for.

Oh that'd just be stupid.

Halo Reach 1.2 will finally add the GRD helmet and it'll cost 34,300,000cR. Inheritors gotta get that cash from somewhere.

Tashi

Nope, you just keep earning credits into forever for some reason.

Maybe they roll over to Halo 4.

Hm, sounds like something MS would try to go for.
I just have a weird feeling MS is gonna try to lock up CoD some how to launch their next console. Timed exclusive would do massive damage. Maybe pay activision to make only new Xbox version and not a 360 version. Force all XBL CoD addicts to buy a new console to play the next CoD. Idk, just throwing shit out there.

FyreWulff

I just have a weird feeling MS is gonna try to lock up CoD some how to launch their next console. Timed exclusive would do massive damage. Maybe pay activision to make only new Xbox version and not a 360 version. Force all XBL CoD addicts to buy a new console to play the next CoD. Idk, just throwing shit out there.

Isn't their DLC deal about to run out? Yeah, I could see them going in harder on selling 360 as the destination for CoD.

Because it's starting to look like this holiday, Nintendo will have parity on their version of CoD (for Wii U) graphically and content-wise, and now that's two consoles with free online for CoD versus one. There was a similar deal with EA and Sony where they would show/demo all their games on the PS3 version.

Not sure how well trying to package licensing Halo for broadcast with a requirement of only playing CoD on 360 is going to work out for them. What even happens to the playlist at that point? We can tell MS is being cheap with money now so I'm surprised they're not just renewing their DLC deal. I'm actually thinking about making the Wii U my CoD console since I'll be able to get all the DLC -and- have FPS pointer controls, but 360 continuing getting DLC early would definitely make me think twice.

I doubt Activision would cave to that, because the amount MS would have to pay to make it worth it for Activision would just be downright silly. I'm sure that Activision will be willing to do another timed exclusive DLC deal like the one they currently have though.

Of course, let's assume that Xbox 3 launches next fall, having the new COD title come out a few months after launch (or maybe it's even a launch title if the console doesn't launch until that late in the year) will be a huge game to have at/near launch, regardless of it being on 360/PS3 as well.

MS getting exclusive cod (in some form greater than DLC) would destroy sony, all those CoD fans getting a Xbox over the new playstation would be a huge blow to the user base.

Only major people left would be Killzone and Starhawk people and i doubt that audience is big

Tashi

Isn't their DLC deal about to run out? Yeah, I could see them going in harder on selling 360 as the destination for CoD.

Because it's starting to look like this holiday, Nintendo will have parity on their version of CoD (for Wii U) graphically, and now that's two consoles with free online for CoD versus one. There was a similar deal with EA and Sony where they would show/demo all their games on the PS3 version.

I honestly don't see the WiiU having a huge impact on this market (The casual hardcore CoD/Madden guys) Those guys are established. They know what the want. I see potential in the Wii only household. Upgrade to Wii U --> finally have a good CoD game.

I honestly don't see the WiiU having a huge impact on this market (The casual hardcore CoD/Madden guys) Those guys are established. They know what the want. I see potential in the Wii only household. Upgrade to Wii U --> finally have a good CoD game.

Wii only households are mostly parents or casual's who like the age old adage "you have console x why do you need console y" i honestly cannot see a market that fickle being convinced they should buy a WiiU.

The only potential market i can see for a WiiU is nintendo fanboys and the people like me who buy all consoles in the hope something good will come out on them. Looks like Xmas is a Vita for me maybe a WiiU sometime in 2013 if its not too close to the Xbox launch.

The Wii lineup certainly hasnt impressed me and motion controls have done much worse than impress me, unless it has VERY VERY strong launch titles which I dont doubt the WiiU will be unplayed until something decent comes out that i cant get anywhere else.

Tashi

I doubt Activision would cave to that, because the amount MS would have to pay to make it worth it for Activision would just be downright silly. I'm sure that Activision will be willing to do another timed exclusive DLC deal like the one they currently have though.

Of course, let's assume that Xbox 3 launches next fall, having the new COD title come out a few months after launch (or maybe it's even a launch title if the console doesn't launch until that late in the year) will be a huge game to have at/near launch, regardless of it being on 360/PS3 as well.

Yea that's a huge stretch.

CoD2 was a launch 360 game so it seems likely that we'll get a CoD for the next Xbox launch. It just might justify people getting the next Xbox if they could get the latest and "greatest" CoD with it. MS just needs to make sure it's not a shitty port like Madden 06 was for the 360, it needs to be the definitive version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom