• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then again, Blizzard's model has always been one of constant updates. Something that Microsoft and Sony have shown not to be very good at handling.

Isn't it an incredible pain to do a title update over xbox live? Months of approvals and fees right?

You would think they would try and make it easier to update and fix games right?

kylej

Banned
Isn't it an incredible pain to do a title update over xbox live? Months of approvals and fees right?

You would think they would try and make it easier to update and fix games right?

Remember, you're dealing with infrastructure and a system designed in 2004-2005. That's an eternity in the internet-era. The new Xbox should be catered towards fluid updates and easier content submissions.

Months? lol hell no. You guys forget we are talking about Microsoft's shooter. Not a 08/15 game.

Its times like these that I wish halo was on the pc :/ ....new versions that is.
No PC player cares about Halo.

That's because its xbox exclusive. Imagine if halo pc came out the same time as it did on xbox, or even if it stayed on the mac and how different the halo world would be o_O
There would be no Halo world if Halo came out on the PC in 2001. Or it would be a small group. Halo became what it is today because as the main title of the XBox.

No PC player cares about Halo.
Halo PC had a pretty good community that lasted for some time, despite god awful netcode.

Halo 2 on the otherhand was send to die in an almost excessive way. A 3 year old Xbox port, with shitty KB&M controls, with a then pay to play online GFWL model, arbitrarily using the then new DX10 exclusively so as to peddle their new OS. Oh wow.

There would be no Halo world if Halo came out on the PC in 2001. Or it would be a small group. Halo became what it is today because as the main title of the XBox.
It's crazy to think what would have happened if it stayed Mac or PC exclusive. Though at the time there was a lot of PC hype for Halo before its transition onto the Xbox, but it was also a very different game back then as well. Personally I think that it would've been a hit on the PC, but not the platform defining experience it became on Xbox.

Halo PC had a pretty good community that lasted for some time, despite god awful netcode.

Halo 2 on the otherhand was send to die in an almost excessive way. A 3 year old Xbox port, with shitty KB&M controls, with a then pay to play online GFWL model, arbitrarily using the then new DX10 exclusively so as to peddle their new OS. Oh wow.

You forgot horrible to mod. Which was a large part of Halo PC

darthbob

You forgot horrible to mod. Which was a large part of Halo PC

Also, at the time of release, the game was poorly optimized for play and resulted in poor performance.

The faux-necessity for Vista really didn't help either.

1080p and Achievements are what made me buy the game.

TheOddOne

Only because MS don't care to foster a community for it.

I'd bloody love if Halo 3, ODST & Reach came to PC.
It's kind of understandable why the franchise has gone console exclusive, it's a flagship title and continues to be a major seller on the system.

On the PC, Halo is pretty much like every other FPS. Yeah, I said it.

Trey

Only because MS don't care to foster a community for it.

I'd bloody love if Halo 3, ODST & Reach came to PC.

Too late for those games. I don't think peddling second hand goods (regardless of how great they are) to the PC community will go over well.

On the PC, Halo is pretty much like every other FPS. Yeah, I said it.

In that they're shooters? Yeah.

Tonight. You. Me. Halo 3. 1v1.

I say we play now (or in the next hour if possible) :p I have a whole buncha stuff I need to sort out with my new job, I can only really jump on for like 15ish mins. Its an offer you cant refuse.
Mostly because im so dazed right now you should beat me easy!

Gui_PT

I say we play now (or in the next hour if possible) :p I have a whole buncha stuff I need to sort out with my new job, I can only really jump on for like 15ish mins. Its an offer you cant refuse.

Let the Gui-athon continue!

Or whatever you and Xand called it.

Overdoziz

Banned
Playing BF3 with a friend right now. We'll do it some other time.

Homeboyd

Someone please shop this further... You know what to do:

TtaSN.gif

wwm0nkey

You know what I just realized I think I am actually "done" with Halo: Reach. I have had absolutely no desire to play it recently besides mini-games and even then my desire to play those is very minimal. I want to want to play Halo again D:

Oh well back to PSO! lol

You know what I just realized I think I am actually "done" with Halo: Reach. I have had absolutely no desire to play it recently besides mini-games and even then my desire to play those is very minimal. I want to want to play Halo again D:

Oh well back to PSO! lol

Phantasy Star Online? Is it good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom