• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Untitled-1-3.jpg

Why are we posting medals again?

Well we WERE going to use it as an excuse to sing its a good day.

Someone needs to post 0 AR kills so we can have the "didnt even need to use my A.K R, today was a good day"

FyreWulff

All I have to say about that transition is:

1) Waypoint is nowhere near on par with Bungie.net's interface for stats, and we still can't even manage fileshare data.

2) The Reach API freezing totally screws with my update to Fire Team Zulu. I guess I can scrap auto-grabbing stats now since I have no idea if 343 will ever provide an API, and I hate screenscraping.

3) I wrote more here but I guess I should probably do so after I calm down.

This made me a bit nostalgic and sad. Hope the transition is smoother than I expect.

Gonna miss the simple accessibility of Bungie.net. I remember when I first discovered it, I couldn't believe it was real... I could view a complete stat report of a match I played in a video game from last week! Here's hoping 343 improve waypoint beyond what it is in time for the pass over.

All Bungie Pro features will be gone. If you have render minutes, spend them.

They better install an equivalent.

Also

Picture3.png

Dem elite blainers

Picture4.png

Booshka

Gonna miss the simple accessibility of Bungie.net. I remember when I first discovered it, I couldn't believe it was real... I could view a complete stat report of a match I played in a video game from last week! Here's hoping 343 improve waypoint beyond what it is in time for the pass over.

I had this moment as well, looking at the heat map for H2 and seeing all the icons for players killed, what weapon they were killed with and at what ranges was astounding.

FyreWulff

Just realized that Halo 3 and ODST stats are going to bite it almost exactly 2 years after Halo 2's did.

I'm thinking about organizing a Halo 3 multiplayer / ODST night on March 31st to send off their gamestats and Bungie.net support with a bang. Would anyone want to participate?

feel

Just realized that Halo 3 and ODST stats are going to bite it almost exactly 2 years after Halo 2's did.

I'm thinking about organizing a Halo 3 multiplayer / ODST night on March 31st to send off their gamestats and Bungie.net support with a bang. Would anyone want to participate?
Yes

HaloGAF.

I need a new controller. Preferably one that won't suffer from slow turn/look.

What are the best options or is the standard MS one pretty much it aside from the onza and MLG controllers?

Tunavi

Banned
Halo 4 needs a final kill cam (only if the score is within 5 kills of each other, or if an objective score ends a tied game) and a rage quit medal.

kylej

Banned
I'm getting on to play some reach.

gross. You should sell Reach and buy Saints Row 3. I just picked up a sonic boom gun that liquifies enemies with sound waves, used it to blow the cockpit out of a plane, then had to run into a tank and rolled out of the freefalling plane, only to fight skydiving commandos and other falling tanks as I was hurtling to earth. Once I hit the ground, a bunch of toxic military-grade liquid turned various corpses into undead zombies which I then ran over in my tank. Just another mission.

Ramirez

I know it sounds crazy, but I swore I read on GAF that Activision has a patent on the kill cam. I don't even know if something like that can be patented, but I definitely read it in a BF or CoD thread one time.

feel

Halo 4 needs a final kill cam (only if the score is within 5 kills of each other, or if an objective score ends a tied game) and a rage quit medal.

This would be cool, and like I've always said, the guy who gets the last kill in a very tight game should get a Hero medal (with a similar "Hero" sound to the one in ODST FF)

Ken

I know it sounds crazy, but I swore I read on GAF that Activision has a patent on the kill cam. I don't even know if something like that can be patented, but I definitely read it in a BF or CoD thread one time.

Doesn't Homefront have a kill cam? I may be wrong though since I've only seen one MP video of that game.

Edit: Ah nevermind. It's similar to the BF2 kill cam.

v Yeah Crysis 2 has a kill cam. BF:BC2 has a "follow cam" that doesn't show how you were killed but shows your killer's next few seconds after your death.

heckfu

Banned
gross. You should sell Reach and buy Saints Row 3. I just picked up a sonic boom gun that liquifies enemies with sound waves, used it to blow the cockpit out of a plane, then had to run into a tank and rolled out of the freefalling plane, only to fight skydiving commandos and other falling tanks as I was hurtling to earth. Once I hit the ground, a bunch of toxic military-grade liquid turned various corpses into undead zombies which I then ran over in my tank. Just another mission.

jesus. that DOES sound fun. maybe i'll just keep reach (you know, ironically) and buy saints 3 in addition.

then halo needs a final death cam. patent circumvented!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom