• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

oh I know it's a lot for a controller but it does seem like one I would use a lot. Then again might as well wait a year with the new Xbox hitting in 2013 I could just use the money towards that.
Put it into ACV, Reckoning, or RE: Revelations?

senador

Banned
Wow that is a super expensive controller for an odd unconventional control. I vote don't do it. Can't be that great (well maybe, but at least wait till it gets around and cheaper).

That Mad Catz one still looks cheap and old style Mad Catz to me. Dislike.
"z" in name is lame

CyReN

Wow that is a super expensive controller for an odd unconventional control. I vote don't do it. Can't be that great (well maybe, but at least wait till it gets around and cheaper).

That Mad Catz one still looks cheap and old style Mad Catz to me. Dislike.
"z" in name is lame

This is a new Madcatz brand, the MarksMan version. Higher end brand of the controllers and fightsticks now. It does come with a 2 year warranty and Markman have been pretty active on twitter, these forums, and MLG with any questions or problems with the controller.

I am still kinda lerry with 3rd party stuff, when I got the Razer Onza I was able to sell it quick enough to only be out a few bucks, that is a pos of a controller, was conformable on the hands though.

Goddammit, everything I own looks like its breaking down. All the earbuds I own are busted on either one side or both. My controller's right thumbstick has been suffering from that deadzone issue and now my headset's starting to act up too.

Truly these are expensive times.

I might be merging this thread and the last one, but what's with so much recent discussion about controllers? My eyes just gloss over the page when any sort of discussion about them comes up.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Number bragging time!

cy6Hw.png

The controllers are actually incredibly sensitive, for someone who wants to see install the program Xpadder and plugin your controller. Move it around and watch. Its pretty incredible.

Thats why you need deadzone. Too low and your control will be flying everywhere and feel incredibly hard to do small movements. Too high and the controls start to feel unresponsive, like Halo 3.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
For me, I want the MLG controller because of the no slow, the customization, the cool travel bag and when the sticks start to break or wear down, I can just replace those rather than buying a whole new controller.

Blinding

For me, I want the MLG controller because of the no slow, the customization, the cool travel bag and when the sticks start to break or wear down, I can just replace those rather than buying a whole new controller.

Oh totally, I tried it out at Providence and the quality was very nice, I'm just waiting on Marksman to start detailing the Gold Membership discount details, which he's been ignoring for god knows what reason.

How expensive are replacements? I would love a controller where I can replace the sticks, Halo wears them down so quick lol.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
They say 20 bucks. plus it comes with an extra pair so its like you bought 2 controllers to start.
Well that's a bit misleading. They come with a PS3 style pair and a 360 style pair. I personally don't like the PS3 style sticks so I would have to buy a replacement.

Achronos

Can the API remain there? Like, I know it won't be updating but will it be possible to simply query this vault of data?

The Reach API, like the rest of bungie.net's stats display, will "freeze" on March 31st. While the archive of stats for all Halo games will remain online, I can't really say if we'll keep the existing Reach API up forever as well - there haven't really been any discussions internally about that. But it won't be immediately shutting down. We'll give notice in the bungie.net API private group when we have a more defined plan for that (if any).

The Reach API, like the rest of bungie.net's stats display, will "freeze" on March 31st. While the archive of stats for all Halo games will remain online, I can't really say if we'll keep the existing Reach API up forever as well - there haven't really been any discussions internally about that. But it won't be immediately shutting down. We'll give notice in the bungie.net API private group when we have a more defined plan for that (if any).

I might just be safe so. Sweet. Really appreciate the response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom