• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Woorloog

Banned
I asked him directly:

It does imply that there's more to come.

EDIT: As a minimum I'd think we'd get something akin to Arena which periodically places us in divisions.

Considering how Halo 4 seems to be largely a refined version of Reach, i'd say it is even quite probable we get a refined version of Arena.

Shadders

Considering how Halo 4 seems to be largely a refined version of Reach, i'd say it is even quite probable we get a refined version of Arena.

I don't think Arena is that bad either, if it wasn't confined to one playlist, and gave you a rating more regularly it would be ok. It gets around the issue of selling accounts too as it's only ever a temporary rating.

We also know it isn't anything like 1-50, and it isn't anything like Arena.

Oh right, has that been confirmed? Fair enough.

Here I'll move it down here.

Frank on skill based ranking system

Starting at 42:20 and ends at 43:20, listen to what Frank says.

Gives me hope.

Beli343

EDIT: Not sure if been posted, but here are the details/time for the NYCC panel on Sat. Oct 13th:

Link

The End of Halo Bulletin 10-10-12 said:
...and a panel that is sure to cause a meltdown or two.

Hopefully this is said panel, and hopefully meltdown is joyous about Skill-Based Ranks.

Moa

I don't think Arena is that bad either, if it wasn't confined to one playlist, and gave you a rating more regularly it would be ok. It gets around the issue of selling accounts too as it's only ever a temporary rating.

Oh right, has that been confirmed? Fair enough.

Might have been said here on GAF by Frank himself, but it was confirmed.

TS x Massacre said:
Hopefully this is said panel, and hopefully meltdown is joyous about Skill-Based Ranks.

Meltdown meaning the map Meltdown, that was leaked last week by IGN.

Moa

Wait.. Halo 4 has leaked already? Well I think it's time to go dark completely. Wow.

Some people have it, if they're going to post huge spoilers, is up to them completely, best advice would be to just go dark completely, although, there is a topic purely for spoilers for Halo, so I assume this topic should be semi-safe.

Woorloog

Banned
What? What? Leaked?
Shit. Gotta concentrate fully on WoW and other games.
See ya on Nov 8th or so (i reckon that's how long it will take for me to play the campaign).

EDIT mental note: don't watch any Halo 4 vids on youtube, recommended/related vids might have spoilers in titles or pics.

Omni

What? What? Leaked?
Shit. Gotta concentrate fully on WoW and other games.
See ya on Nov 8th or so (i reckon that's how long it will take for me to play the campaign).

EDIT mental note: don't watch any Halo 4 vids on youtube, recommended/related vids might have spoilers in titles or pics.

Apparently leaked in Mexico or something. Didn't read too much on it just in case people have got their hands on story info already.

But yeah. Will have to avoid vids on Youtube especially. Dat comment section can be lethal.

TheOddOne

Master chief gets sent back in time and humanity has turned into apes

Master chief is also mark wahlberg
apes.jpg

FyreWulff

Is it me or do 4's pieces look scaled up?

It kinda seems like it, but the sense of scale is really hard to tell from the videos. I'm looking at the video, comparing existing pieces, and building out from there. The center does feel a bit small when I'm in it, but it seems the center is equivalent to a 4x4 Flat, based off how much the Struts are melded into it's corners on H4 Relay. The side platforms appear to be a new piece, or they've made them so that they don't z-fight anymore. That's currently two 45 Degree platforms merged into each other to match a 3x3 Flat.

The back part is going to be the hardest part, since they don't show that much and the tunnels will have to be made from scratch. A straight overhead view would be nice... <_<

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Is it me or do 4's pieces look scaled up?

If you mean scaled up in size, no, but scaled up in visual detail, without a doubt. Pieces may look bigger in H4 due to the change in FOV, I'm pretty sure Halo 4's is a lot smaller than Reach's.

broony

Wow that's depressing, after waiting 5 years for a Halo 4 they implement no ranking system. And I was actually half looking forward to buying the game, guess not now.

Lol.

So it's not the game, the graphics, new campaign, new multiplayer style, new eposodic campaign, new enemies, new game modes, new weapons, new abilities, full sandbox, huge musical score or anything else that interests you.

Its numbers next to your gametag.

You might prefer Excel.

Petrichor

Unless I'm terrible at finding information on the internet, nothing of substance has leaked yet despite the game be in the wild, IT'S STILL SAFE.

Gui_PT

Man, you guys actually answered =\

Thanks though

By the way, I leave on the 25th. Which one a' y'all tea drinkin' fools want to meet up the weekend after that?

Top Bottom