• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

feel

team slrp

A5G2eyuCQAEL1vw.jpg
Cool picture. Will get some use if the game sucks after a week and one of the people in it is defending it.

How and why the fuck does Hyper fly in from Germany for every one of these conventions?? So funny.

That being said, NYCC seems like it gathers a better Halogaf crew than the other similar conventions, I'll think of heading next year, I've wanted to visit NY for a while.

cocamola

Banned
About flyable vehicles. I think 343 had to chose during the H4"development cycle between the mantis and falcon/hornet. I know the mantis doesn't fly but it could serve as an AA gun against banshees. I'll miss the falcon.
I'm annoyed at the fact there is no promethian vehicles in multiplayer

MrDaravon

Wait, do we know what the playlists will look like at launch?

Playlists are up and running for people who "have" the game now. I guess the only question is whether or not there will be any sort of day 1 patch. Right now I'm not very happy with the playlists as-is, which is part of why I'm still trying to confirm player counts per playlist. With the way some of these playlists are separated and the fact that I usually play with big groups this could seriously be a dealbreaker for me.

There's also that panel today at NYCC, we might get some sort of info on that then.

Abdozer

Playlists are up and running for people who "have" the game now. I guess the only question is whether or not there will be any sort of day 1 patch. Right now I'm not very happy with the playlists as-is, which is part of why I'm still trying to confirm player counts per playlist. With the way some of these playlists are separated and the fact that I usually play with big groups this could seriously be a dealbreaker for me.

There's also that panel today at NYCC, we might get some sort of info on that then.

Yeah, I can confirm someone on my friend's list playing a Matchmade game on H4 from his status.

This jelly I feel.

feel

Is there a list of the current playlists and its settings??

Does anyone know if Slayer Pro has sprint?

orznge

Banned
What puzzles me the most is that from we've seen so far nothing has been done about the problem of all Forge maps looking the same. Having 3 different Forge levels helps a bit but with levels that are nearly completely build out of Forge objects it doesn't help too much.

what puzzles me is that people would be surprised about any shortcoming with regards to multiplayer or forge or "theater" or whatever else

Flipyap

Cool picture. Will get some use if the game sucks after a week and one of the people in it is defending it.
I just don't understand why anyone would choose to define themselves as part of what essentially stands for "team corporate cocksuckers".
I have even more trouble understanding why the studio itself would choose to support this. I mean, I know this is a franchise whose trademark is pantomiming stuffing your testicles in a dead person's mouth, but...

Unless none of the parties involved gets this, in which case... oh dear.

MrDaravon

Is there a list of the current playlists and its settings??

Does anyone know if Slayer Pro has sprint?

The list was posted several times a ways back, but just because people are edgy about spoilers here's a link to a screenshot of the playlist screen: http://i.imgur.com/twYhV.png

The very first guy on reddit said there was another playlist called "Extraction", but I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere else and I haven't seen it in any screenshots so I think that's false. Right now I'm trying to get team/player counts on the playlists shown there though. I'm not going to assume that there will be a day 1 patch altering playlists unless we're told otherwise.

The list was posted several times a ways back, but just because people are edgy about spoilers here's a link to a screenshot of the playlist screen: http://i.imgur.com/twYhV.png

The very first guy on reddit said there was another playlist called "Extraction", but I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere else and I haven't seen it in any screenshots so I think that's false. Right now I'm trying to get team/player counts on the playlists shown there though. I'm not going to assume that there will be a day 1 patch altering playlists unless we're told otherwise.

that picture kills all my hope of there being playlists with skill ranks.

unless theres a menu option that isn't available yet.

MrDaravon

Burial Mounds was the last online Halo 2 map I ever played on #NEVERFORGET

Also Youtube is now starting to recommend me Halo 4 campaign videos lol. Also oddly enough Sims 3 videos, which makes no sense but okay.

Noricart

Infection as a playlist makes me go :/ .
Why? It's been a standard and like it or hate it, it's very popular.
It just makes me feel that the population would rather play that (for quick experience or for whatever stupid reason) rather than playing any other form of multiplayer.

A cool way I thought ranking was going to happen was by reinstating arena, locking in two teams into a best of 3-- two slayer, one objective.
Where is mah competitive ranking system 343?!?!

willow ve

Halo 4 campaign = masterpiece. Multiplayer can be tweaked so I'm not that concerned.

Great - I can have a brilliant 8-10 hours... and then be frustrated for the 200+ in matchmaking? At some point the paradigm needs to be flipped where campaign becomes the "meh" it's ok moment and the multiplayer is the only part that really matters.

that picture kills all my hope of there being playlists with skill ranks.

unless theres a menu option that isn't available yet.

This sucks. Although I'll still hold out hope for a day 1 playlist update. I would even bet there are small map changes on launch day. I would assume they're getting some feedback from NYCC and the like...

At least there's Team Slayer Pro?

I'm pretty sure we already knew that there was going to be no skill ranking/playlists?

At this point it's "they haven't said no"

Multiple time's we've heard "it will be discussed at a later date," and there's rumors something will be announced today, but I don't think we can write it off as not being in the game until they flat out tell us.

Burial Mounds was the last online Halo 2 map I ever played on #NEVERFORGET

Also Youtube is now starting to recommend me Halo 4 campaign videos lol. Also oddly enough Sims 3 videos, which makes no sense but okay.

I have already installed the plug in for chrome to disable youtube comments - is there a plug in to take away recommended videos?

MrDaravon

Infection as a playlist makes me go :/ .

Why? It's been a standard and like it or hate it, it's very popular.

I have already installed the plug in for chrome to disable youtube comments - is there a plug in to take away recommended videos?

I think someone posted one a few pages back that they said also took away those as well, might be worth trying to dig up. I kinda don't care so I'm not rocking any of that stuff.

feel

Thanks Tashi. I guess I'm ok with Sprint, keeps it closer to the default base gameplay and I could see alot of OCD people being turned off by the lack of it and never playing the playlist again. Though the lack of the radar crutch and other things will do that to some extent.

Thanks, I missed it. Team Slayer Pro has the more attractive and familiar name for the casuals, if only it wasn't at the bottom of the list... :/

I just don't understand why anyone would choose to define themselves as part of what essentially stands for "team corporate cocksuckers".
I have even more trouble understanding why the studio itself would choose to support this. I mean, I know this is a franchise whose trademark is pantomiming stuffing your testicles in a dead person's mouth, but...

Unless none of the parties involved gets this, in which case... oh dear.
Uuh.. it's a Halogaf joke/meme that spawned from a shitty post I made a while ago?? Unless I'm missing your joke here.

I cope with Halo 3 MLG with a population similar to that, I can cope with Halo 4.
Yeah I don't care if it's just me and 50 other guys playing it. I'll be there and won't lose sleep about it.

Blueblur1

Wow, so I can't play standard free-for-all at all. I'm forced to play that convoluted Regicide game type if I want to play any FFA in matchmaking at all. With the lack of game types and choices, Halo 4 is looking like it was made for simpletons. Jesus Christ, what a piss poor multiplayer effort.

L1NETT

Playlist wise, what happened to Team Slayer, with AA's and perks and all that carry one, but without the personal ordnance?

Did it become Team Slayer pro? Because I really am not in favour of having a Slayer experience which involves either

1) Full Halo 4 bells and whistles
2) Slayer Pro (which does sound great)

To me, that seems like the classic Reach problem of having a fragmented playlists with huge variety from the original game. Someone who only plays Slayer Pro won't touch Infinity Slayer often and vica versa.

Please say Team Slayer (Radar, Perks, AA's but no Personal Ordnance) is still in somewhere :/

Same goes with normal FFA.

Edit: Bottom of the page, Again! :(

Top Bottom