• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

TheOddOne

I'd say it's my favorite map. I hope future BTB maps are similar to Exile. It feels more like a classic Halo map. I don't hate the other maps, but Exile feels immediately familiar to me for some reason.
The layout just feels "right", same with Longbow. The more rock-y like levels are iffy.

So...seeing that armor lock gif reminds me, why haven't we seen in game shots of the December map pack yet?

Reach's first map pack had a video trailer a little over a month before releasing it

Fracas

#fuckonami
The design of Exile is decent. However, with personal ordnance and 13 vehicles, I don't like games on it. If objective gametypes get added into BTB, I'd be interested.

zlatko

Banned
Not even remotely close

NGWtz.gif

This guy knows.

I sold my copy of Reach over Armor Lock and hated the game and the lack of give a damn from Bungie until FINALLY much further down the road they added in playlists I could play to avoid it like the plague.

This game has nothing that makes me want to stop playing its MP over. I find any of the abilities slight annoyances at most. P.Vision I can still out shoot the user of and use it to my advantage.(I'll crouch, stand, hologram, take 2 feet forward, and they'll empty ammo into it thinking it was me coming around the corner) Jet pack isn't the stupid levels of say what you could do on Uncaged in Reach with it. Camo while good still hasn't flustered me since I can still spot them usually before they get the first shot off, plus if you look at the blue markers on radar you can get about 70% zeroed in on where you should be looking for them.

As for maps, Reach had some of the crappiest offerings ever before map packs. Zealot had to have its top half removed. I may dislike Complex on smaller game types, but it isn't Zealot levels of shitty.

I'm still of the mindset of the only things for MP that really need tweaking is making DMR not so damn prominent and that map voting may be better off taken out so I'm not stuck playing Halo 4: Ragnarok and Haven Edition.

zlatko

Banned
Halo 2 anniversary.

Halo 2: A map pack for Halo 4.

Team BRs (strictly BRs, no AAs, loadouts, etc) on Midship.

BELI343.

If they do it, then one of the things I'd like to see is that the BR has a H2 skin where it looks like it did in H2/H3 for the playlist. That'd just be a nice touch. :)

hmm what could be the token you get.. if it is a armor skin or the fotus armor I'm in, is it a Avatar token I don't care, my avatar has enough stuff

They wont and shouldnt ever give out FOTUS. That would be fucked to LE console buyers. Pretty sure they said this before.

zlatko

Banned
H2 needs to be on the next Xbox. NEEDS.

No way in fuck we'll get that. You'll get the H3 Anniversary on it though. :D

MSoft plans for games every year is always a bit of a mystery, but it revolves around Gears Halo and Forza. We know we got a Gears game next year so I think we'll get the H2 anni. to help close out the 360, so we can get on that 720 hype train for H5 in 2014.

Place bets: Will H5 be a launch title for 720, or will we have to wait for its release and the console will be out already?

Not even remotely close
This guy knows.

I sold my copy of Reach over Armor Lock and hated the game and the lack of give a damn from Bungie until FINALLY much further down the road they added in playlists I could play to avoid it like the plague.

This game has nothing that makes me want to stop playing its MP over. I find any of the abilities slight annoyances at most. P.Vision I can still out shoot the user of and use it to my advantage.(I'll crouch, stand, hologram, take 2 feet forward, and they'll empty ammo into it thinking it was me coming around the corner) Jet pack isn't the stupid levels of say what you could do on Uncaged in Reach with it. Camo while good still hasn't flustered me since I can still spot them usually before they get the first shot off, plus if you look at the blue markers on radar you can get about 70% zeroed in on where you should be looking for them.

As for maps, Reach had some of the crappiest offerings ever before map packs. Zealot had to have its top half removed. I may dislike Complex on smaller game types, but it isn't Zealot levels of shitty.

I'm still of the mindset of the only things for MP that really need tweaking is making DMR not so damn prominent and that map voting may be better off taken out so I'm not stuck playing Halo 4: Ragnarok and Haven Edition.

You said you stopped playing cuz of Armor Lock yet you list other problems you had with the game which greatly outshined Armor Lock.. Bungie took AL outta MM, but Reach's core gameplay was the bigger problem.

Saying Armor Lock is worse than the core problems of Halo 4 is extremely naive IMO.

No way in fuck we'll get that. You'll get the H3 Anniversary on it though. :D

MSoft plans for games every year is always a bit of a mystery, but it revolves around Gears Halo and Forza. We know we got a Gears game next year so I think we'll get the H2 anni. to help close out the 360, so we can get on that 720 hype train for H5 in 2014.

Place bets: Will H5 be a launch title for 720, or will we have to wait for its release and the console will be out already?

H5 at Nextbox launch if MS is smart. Put an end to the question "is the 'killer app' dead?"

You said you stopped playing cuz of Armor Lock yet you list other problems you had with the game which greatly outshined Armor Lock.. Bungie took AL outta MM, but Reach's core gameplay was the bigger problem.

Saying Armor Lock is worse than the core problems of Halo 4 is extremely naive IMO.
whats wrong with the core reach gameplay?

Wizman23

Banned
OT, but after reading the OP over on the gaming side for Planetside 2 the description of that game is what I always thought Destiny would turn out to be.

OT, but after reading the OP over on the gaming side for Planetside 2 the description of that game is what I always thought Destiny would turn out to be.

Woah. Same here. I had never even heard of it. Hopefully we hear something from Bungie soon before they slip into obscure irrelevance. Seriously...at least make an announcement and show some concept art.

Sanjuro

My best memories of Halo 2 were certainly the maps. Using some of Halo 4's abilities, the game could certainly be just as enjoyable.

I'm fine with dual wielding not returning.

zlatko

Banned

Problems with H4, or with Reach? Those things mentioned above for abilities do NOT ruin the game for me. Annoying at most in the right person's hands. They do not ruin the flow of combat like Armor Lock did for me in Reach. Just like Sawed Off Shotgun did in Gears 3 for me.

I definitely had other issues with Reach though, map selection, bloom being ridiculous, and a few other things, but I still played Reach a fuck ton either way. I'm alone, but Reach was my favorite MP fun with Halo after a lot of updates. It wasn't perfect by any stretch, but the things done here in H4, make H4 my current favorite Halo MP experience of all time.

I missed out on the H2 Xbox 1 era---I was a poor kid and so my folks got me a PS2. I wasn't into FPS either. My first Halo game where I got to sink my teeth into MP was H3 and the reason I bought my Xbox 360.

Anyways, for me, MP wise, H4>Reach>H3>(No opinion on H2/H1 since I only got shit on at friends' houses for local play)

Problems with H4, or with Reach? Those things mentioned above for abilities do NOT ruin the game for me. Annoying at most in the right person's hands. They do not ruin the flow of combat like Armor Lock did for me in Reach. Just like Sawed Off Shotgun did in Gears 3 for me.

I definitely had other issues with Reach though, map selection, bloom being ridiculous, and a few other things, but I still played Reach a fuck ton either way. I'm alone, but Reach was my favorite MP fun with Halo after a lot of updates. It wasn't perfect by any stretch, but the things done here in H4, make H4 my current favorite Halo MP experience of all time.

I missed out on the H2 Xbox 1 era---I was a poor kid and so my folks got me a PS2. I wasn't into FPS either. My first Halo game where I got to sink my teeth into MP was H3 and the reason I bought my Xbox 360.

Anyways, for me, MP wise, H4>Reach>H3>(No opinion on H2/H1 since I only got shit on at friends' houses for local play)

I love Halo 4 and especially like it way more than Reach, but I'm simply saying that Armor Lock wasn't as big a problem in Reach as things like Instant Respawn and random Ordnance Drops will prove to be in Halo 4 if it isn't changed (much like how AL was removed from many MM Playlists).

I view AL as an annoyance, whereas some of the problems with Halo 4 are fundamental changes to how Halo has always been played.

Am I the only one who thinks that should be framed and hung in the lobby of 343's office building?

LMFAO! First Over and now Slightly.. Hilarious :b

Homeboyd

Ahhhhh motherfuck yeah. Off for Thanksgiving for the rest of the week.

Who wants to bro out on the couch with some Halo 4 with me? All week baby, BABY!

Shadders

I learned everything I know about thanksgiving from the Simpsons and Kenan and Kel.

> It's close to Christmas
> Massive turkey (lots of baste)
> Yams (whatever the fuck they are)
> Some sort of table display, made by your kid (this is important to them apparently)
> The homeless and Vagrants are forgotten on thanksgiving

How do I tie Halo into this?

I learned everything I know about thanksgiving from the Simpsons and Kenan and Kel.

> It's close to Christmas
> Massive turkey (lots of baste)
> Yams (whatever the fuck they are)
> Some sort of table display, made by your kid (this is important to them apparently)
> The homeless and Vagrants are forgotten on thanksgiving

How do I tie Halo into this?

Person with the worst KD in the house has to make a papier-mache diorama of you shitting on their chest. You also get to slap your dick all over their plate of food, indicating your Halo superiority.

Top Bottom