• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

ft.png

..Okay you got me; LMFAO

I honestly cant believe you stand up for Regicide. I mean Trueskill I get you think it works good yet it doesn'...but, Regicide!? cmon man quit trolling.
You would think putting a waypoint and more points on the leader would get stupid people to play FFA more correctly. Guess some people can't be saved.

I've never EVER in all my time of any FFA game ignored players and gone after the leader. That's a sure way to lose.
Never said anything of the kind. If you've never ousted an entrenched leader preying on newbies, that's a sure way to not win.

Halo 4 has many problems, but Regicide's gametype idea isn't one of them. Too many Regicide challenges, though.

You would think putting a waypoint and more points on the leader would get stupid people to play FFA more correctly. Guess some people can't be saved.

The correct way to play FFA is to kill everyone you see. That's why it's Free For All. You don't ally with other players to take down the leader.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I just finished 2 straight games where the entire enemy team used active camo while camping around corners with Boltshots. I refused to abuse anything, so I got killed a ton and my team lost.

I feel like I'm getting punished for not abusing this stuff. It's so frustrating

zlatko

Banned
I love Halo 4 and especially like it way more than Reach, but I'm simply saying that Armor Lock wasn't as big a problem in Reach as things like Instant Respawn and random Ordnance Drops will prove to be in Halo 4 if it isn't changed (much like how AL was removed from many MM Playlists).

I view AL as an annoyance, whereas some of the problems with Halo 4 are fundamental changes to how Halo has always been played.

LMFAO! First Over and now Slightly.. Hilarious :b

My experience with Halo starts really with 3, a lot of Reach, and now a ton of 4. So I can't make a call on if H2 era MP was really what made Halo fuck awesome, and if going to that formula would make H4 with updates or H5 even more likable for my tastes.

I LIKE instant respawn EXCEPT on certain game types. I don't see the point of it in Swat for example.

Ordnance drops are a problem? How ? 80% of the time what I can call in is crap(shields,speed boost, a shotgun on a big ass map), and even more so it's little things for global drops. Often those drops are grenades, needlers, and scatters.

I'd get it if ordnance was making it rain damage boosts and rockets galore, but it doesn't.

343 should I agree just give you guys 1 or 2 playlists with no ordnance, weapon spawns, no instant spawns, no run, BR only, no perks, etc etc and 1 be slayer and the other be objectives. That way you have the choice and everyone can stfu.

zlatko

Banned
I just finished 2 straight games where the entire enemy team used active camo while camping around corners with Boltshots. I refused to abuse anything, so I got killed a ton and my team lost.

I feel like I'm getting punished for not abusing this stuff. It's so frustrating

I feel like you didn't adapt to what was going on. Were you with randoms or people you knew? If it's randoms you were fucked from the get go since all of the opposing team seems to know each other if they all did that together.

I'd plop out a hologram class, send it whirling in, they waste their boltshot shot, then bring the pain. If they don't fall for that, then try toss in nades to flush them out to move or see their shields glow electric yellow. Just a matter of not getting too close and them blowing their load.

I use boltshot too though. It's a great way to kill someone who is going to kill you anyway when they rush you when your shields drop.

Never said anything of the kind. If you've never ousted an entrenched leader preying on newbies, that's a sure way to not win.

Halo 4 has many problems, but Regicide's gametype idea isn't one of them. Too many Regicide challengrs, though.

Creating a weird Mario Kart scoring system that helps everyone have a close game by killing the leader over and over isn't what FFA needed. Its a good player handicap system to protect the casuals.

In FFA you don't go for the leader its too fast paced, you make do with every spawn you get and become the leader by playing well. Furthermore it possibly adds more randomness than removes because based on your spawn distance to leader you could end up getting tons of random regicides based on luck...

How don't you understand this?

I wonder what the stats say about people choosing Grenades in their Personal Ordnance.
They actually released that stat.
They fluctuate right around the amount of gravity hammers.
For the record, I've seen the Gravity Hammer in my ordnance choices under a dozen times, nades are there 2/3 of the time.
So yeah.

P.S. Know what is more annoying than browsing Waypoint on a mobile device?
Browsing it on a PC.

I learned everything I know about thanksgiving from the Simpsons and Kenan and Kel.

> It's close to Christmas
> Massive turkey (lots of baste)
> Yams (whatever the fuck they are)
> Some sort of table display, made by your kid (this is important to them apparently)
> The homeless and Vagrants are forgotten on thanksgiving

How do I tie Halo into this?
Picture fat, overstuffed Americans with turducken greased fingers trying to grip their Halo 4 controller while desperately hiding their feeble Cortana-erections from Grandma.

And a yam is when someone can't pronounce "sweet potato".

Creating a weird Mario Kart scoring system that helps everyone have a close game by killing the leader over and over isn't what FFA needed. Its a good player handicap system to protect the casuals.

In FFA you don't go for the leader its too fast paced, you make do with every spawn you get and become the leader by playing well. Furthermore it possibly adds more randomness than removes because based on your spawn distance to leader you could end up getting tons of random regicides based on luck...

How don't you understand this?
I'm not going to argue with you Juices. Primarily because I'm on my phone, but also because you aren't capable of arguing with me and I have no patience for stupidity.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I feel like you didn't adapt to what was going on. Were you with randoms or people you knew? If it's randoms you were fucked from the get go since all of the opposing team seems to know each other if they all did that together.

I'd plop out a hologram class, send it whirling in, they waste their boltshot shot, then bring the pain. If they don't fall for that, then try toss in nades to flush them out to move or see their shields glow electric yellow. Just a matter of not getting too close and them blowing their load.

I use boltshot too though. It's a great way to kill someone who is going to kill you anyway when they rush you when your shields drop.

Played by myself. I'm guessing the other team was in a party, but I have no way of knowing, as the lobby doesn't say whether or not they are. I used Hologram for awhile but then they stopped falling for it lol. Grenades were hit and miss, I had no idea where they actually were. Hologram users don't show up on radar at all if they're not moving. No scrambling effect either.

There's just a handful of things holding the multiplayer game back. I really hope TUs go as far as I'm hoping.

u4iX

I'm not going to argue with you Juices. Primarily because I'm on my phone, but also because you aren't capable of arguing with me.

Regicide is a great "party" gametype, but it's a horrible competitive gametype.

It's like second place winning the gold medal.

I like spartan ops but I hate the unlimited lives. makes it so booooooooring.

Should have let us have 5 lives
I think it would have been interesting if they would have balanced Spartan Ops around not being able to respawn.
You know, since War Games is the simulation, and Spartan Ops is supposed to be the real missions.

I like spartan ops but I hate the unlimited lives. makes it so booooooooring.

Should have let us have 5 lives

The entire spawning and lives system in Spartan Ops is pretty whack.

I'm glad there is unlimited with the way spawns are currently set up though because typically when I die, it will repeatedly spawn me into sniper fire or right into the loving arms of a Elite with a sword and I'll proceed to get spawn killed 10 times in a row.

zlatko

Banned
Played by myself. I'm guessing the other team was in a party, but I have no way of knowing, as the lobby doesn't say whether or not they are. I used Hologram for awhile but then they stopped falling for it lol. Grenades were hit and miss, I had no idea where they actually were. Hologram users don't show up on radar at all if they're not moving. No scrambling effect either.

There's just a handful of things holding the multiplayer game back. I really hope TUs go as far as I'm hoping.

Do you mean Camo users? I don't use camo myself, but I swore as long as it's active the blue markers come up. The only time they can crouch and have no scrambling is just by crouching with the camo off. Did that change from Reach that you can crouch and be camoed with no scrambling effect up?

Just don't act like you own this place
Oh I'm sorry, I can't post ignorant one-liners like Juices and Tunavi too?

Regicide is a great "party" gametype, but it's a horrible competitive gametype.

It's like second place winning the gold medal.
It's really not, and I've made several meattier posts about why it is a better design than base FFA. Basically, it helps players make better desicions in an FFA by marking the leader, and by giving incentive for lower players to pursue him, as well as incentive for him to stay alive and continue killing. People are judging it without much thought.

Oh I'm sorry, I can't post ignorant one-liners like Juices and Tunavi too?

People are literally doing better and losing and coming here posting links that are visual statistical proof of facts. This is actually a thing that is happening in real life in 2012. Regicide's not a competitive gametype, it is a party gametype.

Yes...I'm ignorant. You are just defending shit for no reason to cause problems. You are a troll and have been a troll since your Trueskill shtick.

I'm not going to argue with you Juices. Primarily because I'm on my phone, but also because you aren't capable of arguing with me and I have no patience for stupidity.
lolwut

Way to be arrogant and dismissive
It really isn't. But you could try making an even-handed analysis if you really care.

People have. Juices just DID, and you promptly called him incapable of arguing with you, when you're the one who's refused to argue at all, other than some vague crap about people in FFA needing to ally against the leader.

That is amazing lol.

Just a heads up, the PDW is amazing and EOTech sights pretty much get rid of recoil entirely.

Halo!

What is the PDW, is it a AR?

I love the fact I can see my K/D in the scoreboard, really liking what I am playing so far. Feels like a lot of the menu's are a step backwards though, the new custom class stuff is a clusterfuck and why the hell did they get rid of all the leaderboards etc from Black Ops 1? Or am I just missing them?

Booties

Banned
Lol hired noobs shut up. Halo did well for years. It wasn't unfair to casuals because they kept playing. why did they have to not only change it, but totally overhaul it? Small changes make more sense.

343 is either too cocky or too much of a mess to make things good. Actually their refusal to accept their failures is still cocky so it's both.

lolwut

Way to be arrogant and dismissive

People have. Juices just DID, and you promptly called him incapable of arguing with you, when you're the one who's refused to argue at all, other than some vague crap about people in FFA needing to ally against the leader.
Juices has nothing. He argued that in order to have a competitive gametype, the team with the best stats must win. That's fallacious right on its face, just take one of his lost griefing matches as an example. Killing some AFK guy in a corner just isn't worth as much as someone checking the leader in an FFA. Regicide is objective FFA where the objective is to pursue the leader and maintain the lead. The same as a base FFA game.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Lol hired noobs shut up. Halo did well for years. It wasn't unfair to casuals because they kept playing. why did they have to not only change it, but totally overhaul it? Small changes make more sense.

343 is either too cocky or too much of a mess to make things good. Actually their refusal to accept their failures is still cocky so it's both.

Most of Halo 4 is good in many opinions. That's the issue here, a handful of people assuming that Halo 4 is bad and that's a fact. It's not a fact, it's an opinion. Halo 4 demolishes Reach in every way save the removal of Firefight. Needs some fixes and tweaks yeah, but it's a solid game to a lot of people.

That's why the "every page" RIP HALO stuff gets tiring. Might have made Noobs snap a bit too.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Do you mean Camo users? I don't use camo myself, but I swore as long as it's active the blue markers come up. The only time they can crouch and have no scrambling is just by crouching with the camo off. Did that change from Reach that you can crouch and be camoed with no scrambling effect up?

Nope, if you're either immobile or crouching while using camo (can't remember which), you don't show up on the minimap at all. No scrambling, nothing. I don't know why camo got a buff, but it did.

Is it just me, or could armor lock be balanced if it was a one-time activation for exactly 1,5 seconds only (with a long recharge), similar to thruster packs?
You could use it to block a single incoming rocket or vehicle, but you can't spam it.

lol facts
Juices, you are the biggest troll here. Stop projecting.

I will now direct you to a previous post of yours:

You cant call anyone a troll lol.

I dont think people would mind so much if Regicide didnt replace standard FFA.

orznge

Banned

Overhaul is a pretty elegant way of saying "turned it on it's head to appease the Dynamic Gods and threw a Web 2.0 veneer over it" lol

Redford

aka Cabbie
FFA is (not counting general skill) 50% maximizing opportunity, 20% PW control, 20% knowing when to hold your fire, and 10% luck of the spawns.

The top 3 players are the only ones who should give a shit about who is in the lead. The rest are fodder. There is nothing wrong with that, at least compared to slingshot BK wins.

Shame that there isn't a FFA playlist, although if it was Infinity style I'd hate to see it.

Top Bottom