• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

Computron

It's kind of annoying, as Computron's Foundation remake showed (I promise I'll get around to looking at the spawns comp, today was busy). Since the bro spawn weight is massive, if people insta-spawn they'll mostly likely spawn on you. So they'll bro weight everyone to the same room you're stuck in, and when you spawn next, you'll be in that room again, you essentially end up chain-weighting your own team into a spawn trap. In 3 and Reach, even if you walked away from your spawn and died within a certain amount of time, those spawns would still end up deweighted as if you died right on top of them.

If you're stuck in a trap like that then your best best is to wait for the spawn timer to count down, but if the rest of your team is mashing X you're still fucked.

No rush. :)

Invite me any time if you need some help or other players to test with.

Lets assume that everyone on your team purposely waits or the full 3-5 seconds of respawn, will the weighting still make the spawn selection differently (and potentially worse) than in Reach and 3? Do they still use cool down and give serious weight to other factors?

FyreWulff

No rush. :)

Invite me any time if you need some help or other players to test with.

Lets assume that everyone on your team purposely waits or the full 3-5 seconds of respawn, will the weighting still make the spawn selection differently (and potentially worse) than in Reach and 3? Do they still use cool down and give serious weight to other factors?

I'm trying to figure out if the cooldown still exists. I wouldn't doubt that all weights just change instantly now, but I haven't investigated that part too thoroughly. But in theory, everyone waiting all the time SHOULD give the best spawns available to the engine.

neoism

Speaking of the HUD, does anyone feel that 343 was succesful in making you feel as though you're inside the helmet? Genuinely curious.

one of the only things they succeed in.. still think it should have been a little bit more transparent.....

Pretty disappointed with how short the progression system is in this game. I know people didn't want to the endlessness of Reach's, but this is quite the opposite. Guy has played about 4 days of War Games MM and Spartan Ops. I played roughly 17 days of Reach excluding customs and campaign and made it about a third of the way through the progression system.

Seems like 343 should have some with something somewhere in the middle.
I'm actually stunned there is no type of prestige in the game, though I guess it can be patched in like Gears 3...
I wouldn't be surprised if they add more levels at some point.

Edit: Poop spewing out my fingers, I've got 5 damn posts on the page.

FyreWulff

Pretty disappointed with how short the progression system is in this game. I know people didn't want to the endlessness of Reach's, but this is quite the opposite. Guy has played about 4 days of War Games MM and Spartan Ops. I played roughly 17 days of Reach excluding customs and campaign and made it about a third of the way through the progression system.

Seems like 343 should have some with something somewhere in the middle.

I wouldn't be surprised if they add more levels at some point.

Second part of your quote is pretty much what I was thinking. Could be the first Halo game where they add new ranks with each DLC. Like how MMOs expand the possible ranks with expansions.

Second part of your quote is pretty much what I was thinking. Could be the first Halo game where they add new ranks with each DLC. Like how MMOs expand the possible ranks with expansions.

Yeah I thought of WOW with the specializations in the first place, as they are 10 more levels with more armors/abilities, like WOW adds with each expansion.

Honestly, the more I think about it, I kind of assume they plan to add, non other recent AAA game that I can recall off the top of my head has a progression system anywhere close to as short as H4's.

Omni

New SpOps is up. Nothing terribly new that I can see. About to start the first one now

Plus I wish they uploaded the CGI cutscene onto Youtube at the same time as it is released in-game. I can't stream from the console, and it would be nice to go into the chapters with a little context

rakka

no radar, descope instead of flinch, magnum as secondary, team death markers, reticule scaled down in splitscreen, and replace the fugly sniper with a decent unsc look.

Sup HaloGAF 2 questions:

1) How much will the Map Packs be?

2) How do I go about playing with you fools? As I just re-subbed to XBL for H4 after a couple years.

Eh, flinch ruined it, IMO.

I guess a patch that removed flinch and brought back getting knocked out of scope would be too much, or even adding stability to the load out.

Also all my specializations just disappeared. I had all of them with the limited edition and now theyre gone all the sudden, what gives?

Just hit me: Not even a month out and I've almost completely stopped playing the game.
Still trying Sp Ops because I hope it'll continue to improve.

Kind of crazy. And sad.
Sup HaloGAF 2 questions:

1) How much will the Map Packs be?

2) How do I go about playing with you fools? As I just re-subbed to XBL for H4 after a couple years.
1) We don't know afaik, between 800 - 1200 points probably.
2) Add people's GT with a message explaining who you are (bloodyroarxx, new to HaloGAF, looking for no strings s... play)
Then send an invite or ask for an invite when you see people on.

Omni

Running around like a headless chicken on solo Legendary because two Hunters were dropped off and there aren't any power weapons around

D:

What were the tweaks for JIP? It certainly did not turn it off for FFA playlists. WTF

Edit: So I've gotten 3 join in progress games in a row in the new playlist all adrift hill and the most recent one ended a second after I was actually in the game. WHAT THE FUCK. Like seriously what is the reasoning behind that? Heres a free loss and a wasted 3 minutes of your time.

Running around like a headless chicken on solo Legendary because two Hunters were dropped off and there aren't any power weapons around

D:

I cant think of one place you fight hunters and there aren't 40 sticky nades nearby.

Omni

I cant think of one place you fight hunters and there aren't 40 sticky nades nearby.

Chapter 1, man. Elites have power weapons on the way to the objective, but if you die and don't get them when the hunters come you're defenceless. I looked around and there weren't any on the map

I just died lots of times and threw my spawn grenades at them

Pop

So that Deuce streamer hit 130 and he unlocked that phoenix emblem. GG 343i

^What you unlock at 130^

Don't want to spoil people that don't want to be.

Yager

Banned
Chapter 1, man. Elites have power weapons on the way to the objective, but if you die and don't get them when the hunters come you're defenceless. I looked around and there weren't any on the map

I just died lots of times and threw my spawn grenades at them

Same here, until I realized I had the boltshot as secondary weapon, but ammo run out pretty fast. Ended up killing them with melee after dying a few times.

Shadders

Jamie, if you've got a problem with space crates we need to talk about your own games... or is Destiny promised to be 100% crate free?

He doesn't work at Bungie.

EDIT: well beaten.

What's the point of an emblem to denote being top rank? All the places that it's displayed will have your rank next to it. :\

Omni

I really liked the missions this week. The one on Valhalla was better than last week's, IMO - If only because people use the Warthogs and work together.

Still kinda miss Firefight though. These 15 minute segments are cool, but nothing beats getting 3 mates and playing some Firefight limited

rakka

cool, matchmaking update with Ffa throwback and snipers disappeared but seriously, I understand many issues in regards to the underlying gameplay aren't going to be addressed but what about fucking horrific framerates on mp maps in splitscreen especially complex???? no fix for that on the horizon?

and FFA throwback doesn't include a standard FFA slayer does it ?

Omni

cool, matchmaking update with Ffa throwback and snipers disappeared but seriously, I understand many issues in regards to the underlying gameplay aren't going to be addressed but what about fucking horrific framerates on mp maps in splitscreen especially complex???? no fix for that on the horizon?

There's only so much optimisation that's possible on an ancient brick like the Xbox. To be honest I was quite surprised to hear that 343i didn't cut splitscreen altogether

FyreWulff

Last time FFA throwback was up, it was just Ball and Hill, no Slayer.

All of them have already been used :(

check your pms

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

Just turn off Vsync

Nirvana

Halo 4 stats page likes to crash Firefox.

I really hope they change the format for both the Halo 4 stats page and the Halo 4 UI. I just went through my Halo 3 and Reach stats on Bungie.net and it made me realise how god-awful the new page is. It is difficult to navigate; the information you want to know is hidden and the information on display is useless.

Just give us a simple format that displays useful information and allows for easy navigation, I could do without all of the pointless bells and whistles.

Top Bottom