• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

TCKaos

^lol I thought the same thing. Can we please get 1-Flag?

Not sure what I feel about this map pack tbh. They look solid enough, but they seem a bit.. I dunno.

They all look like they're essentially the same as the launch maps:

Narrow hallways leading to large coverless expanses that are circular or semi-circular in nature so that the flow of combat is chaotic and without guidance, leading players to wander the map following the circle to find enemies. Good for Regicide and King of the Hill, as those gametypes don't require any actual flow to combat other than following waypoints. Best suited for 12-16 players.

Aggrotek

I really hate the negativity here. It's rather depressing. I don't even come into the thread anymore because of it.

Sure the game has it's problems, but it's still one of the best online experiences out there right now. I find myself having a blast every time I get a full party going and run some Oddball, KotH, and even Dominion. If 343 fixes just a few things this game will be amazing. I think that people's expectations for a new developer were a little steep. It is their first opportunity with the franchise and I would imagine that there is a learning curve.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. It's like this with every Halo release.

Havok

Video shows an open, "medium" sized map with a bunch of vehicles. Text at bottom: Perfect for....Regicide? What?
That's hilarious. Guess Abandon CTF and Complex CTF will be getting a new shitty buddy here soon.

Man, Halo 2 would have been so awesome if they had put Multiflag on Zanzibar. Right?

I'll still buy them because I think they're probably fine maps, but I'm coming to realize that I'm not excited when they say "Perfect for Capture the Flag!" anymore because it's not really the CTF I want to be playing. It's not really surprising, I just don't think what I want out of Halo these days aligns with what they want to make. There was a twitter post from Josh Holmes pre-release saying that Big Team Infinity Slayer on Ragnarok (a gametype/map combination that I despise) was the most fun he'd ever had with Halo and a bunch of 343 guys chimed in to agree, and that was one of the most obvious signs that I'm not their target demographic anymore.

I really hate the negativity here. It's rather depressing. I don't even come into the thread anymore because of it.

Sure the game has it's problems, but it's still one of the best online experiences out there right now. I find myself having a blast every time I get a full party going and run some Oddball, KotH, and even Dominion. If 343 fixes just a few things this game will be amazing. I think that people's expectations for a new developer were a little steep. It is their first opportunity with the franchise and I would imagine that there is a learning curve.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. It's like this with every Halo release.

Get ready, making statements like this? Theyre coming....

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'll wait until I play but I'm certainly not "hyped" for this map pack. When I saw the video I said, "all BTB maps" at first. Then the descriptions say, "big, small, medium" lol. They all look big to me hahaha..... :(

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I'm on the "get some smaller maps" bandwagon. Hopefully after these "set in stone" (joke?) maps in the season pass are out of the way they can use the feedback to make some smaller maps inside Forerunner buildings or Covie ships.

EDIT: Fyre, I don't get it...

FyreWulff

dnKQX.jpg

in 2012

^lol I thought the same thing. Can we please get 1-Flag?

Not sure what I feel about this map pack tbh. They look solid enough, but they seem a bit.. I dunno.

I'm getting Complex vibes from the latter two maps and Vortex vibes from the first one, and overall just very samey, UNSC walls with rocks vibes. These are not the vibes I was asking for. These maps feel like they have no identity. Least excited I've ever been for a Halo map pack.

Boo this pack!

Video shows an open, "medium" sized map with a bunch of vehicles. Text at bottom: Perfect for....Regicide? What?

That's hilarious. Guess Abandon CTF and Complex CTF will be getting a new shitty buddy here soon.

Man, Halo 2 would have been so awesome if they had put Multiflag on Zanzibar. Right?

No kidding. How are they mishandling this so hard? Does someone out there like asymmetric CTF without even an attackers and defenders round to balance things out?

rakka

343, get your priorities straight. fix the game before putting a map pack which looks incredibly boring up for sale. god.

IHaveIce

Banned
disappointed.

Hopefully they get that HAven is one of the most voted maps because it is the best and smallest for simple slayer.

Really get forge maps online..

"Small to Mid-sized map" then a Ghost and Mongoose go by..
And a Warthog. I'd bet it's about the size of Exile.

I was really hoping for some more smaller maps. Haven/Solace/Abandon size.
I personally just don't enjoy Dominion/BTB with the current settings.

I just hate how these art assets all look the same and reused.. I want something that looks unique and fresh. On top of the, so many medium to big maps.. I guess these maps have already been finished for a while, but I hope 343 see's how popular Haven is and decides to gives us more like that.

Havok

No kidding. How are they mishandling this so hard? Does someone out there like asymmetric CTF without even an attackers and defenders round to balance things out?
I'd imagine there are people who do, but I'm certainly not one of them (even the imbalance between bases on Valhalla stood out like a sore thumb to me). Honestly, going from the descriptions from Microsoft/343 that were in that GameInformer article (here), it seems like they're making one of the cardinal mistakes I felt some of the Reach maps had - they're trying to shoehorn objectives into what seem to be Slayer-focused maps rather than the other way around. That's just judging from the fact that Infinity Slayer is listed as the first gametype in 2 of the 3 maps' descriptions, then after comes "a variety of other modes," which is a little disheartening, but I suppose I'll need to see them for myself to properly judge.

ElRenoRaven

Someone here (can't remember now) asked BSAngel on twitter about H2 Anniversary, Maps, Patch notes and Playlist updates.

She said yes to 3 out of the 4, so unless Halo 2 Anniversary is revealed today I think we are good.

Yup. Course the question is which patch are the notes for. A new one coming or the original launch one. That's the real question that should be asked.

Booties

Banned
I'm gonna shit my pants on my couch tonight from how much halo I'll be playing. Please, join me at 5pm EST and shit your pants with me.

CyReN

Halo 4 got enough BTB maps, what's the most popular map in the game? Haven. Start implementing those type of maps. Arena style >

Bsangel responded to a question and confirmed it.

EDIT: Beaten.

Mustve missed that, thanks!

Yup. Course the question is which patch are the notes for. A new one coming or the original launch one. That's the real question that should be asked.

Yeah i really hope its not for the day 1 patch. Wouldnt imagine it is though. Seems kinda pointless to get the notes for that.

Halo 4 got enough BTB maps, what's the most popular map in the game? Haven. Start implementing those type of maps. Arena style >

Seriously. We get it.

Are there gonna be new achievements for the map pack?

mhi

Def skipping this one. The only interesting map is Wreckage.

A small to mid-size map, Harvest is ideal for Capture the Flag. Here, you’ll need to get creative to effectively use light vehicles which are limited to the exterior pathways and can’t get into the bases, making this map perfect for infantry firefights and face-to-face skirmishes.

What ever you say.

rakka

You are aware we are getting patch notes today right?

yep. let's hope they address at least some of the issues that have been discussed. hell, I'd be happy even with one or two. eg return of death markers, or JIP toggle, or connection filter, or splitscreen performance improvements , etc

Top Bottom