• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

Homeboyd

Halo 4 got enough BTB maps, what's the most popular map in the game? Haven. Start implementing those type of maps. Arena style >
Have you come across any good small Forge maps? I've seen very few out there... figured you guys at THC may have some good, competitive maps.

(No we aren't "looking" looking... I'm just curious.)

Havok

Every time I'm on, BTB is the most popular playlist in terms of population.
It and Dominion are the only two playlists with a high player count, and they share maps. If you add up the 4v4/5v5 lists, you'd get a population count similar to or higher than the 6v6/8v8 pool.

Aggrotek

I think the new CTF settings would be a lot more fun if the timer to return was a little lower and the flag had to be home to score.

Arnie

'Compete on new maps'

It's almost becoming a joke. The one map from the description that might, possibly, potentially, have a sliver of a chance slotting into a Team Slayer, 4v4 playlist and it features a fucking Warthog, a ghost, and a Mongoose. Really glad I didn't buy that season pass.

And why do they all look so similar? Where's the visual identity. Compare these to a map like Assembly.

mhi

New gametype with the new maps, From GI:

Extraction: Extraction is a 5 vs. 5 objective-based game type where opposing Spartan teams are tasked with extracting assets from various sites around the map. Once a team has found a site and is in position, they must plant their beacon and protect it from the opposing team while the extraction process occurs. If the defending team remains in control of the beacon, they receive one point, however if the opposing team overtakes the site before extraction is complete, the point goes to them. Once a site has been extracted, a new site becomes available. The first team to extract five points wins.

Overdoziz

Banned
Scaled down the screenshots a bit (a lot) for the people who don't want to load 3.6mb pictures.

Harvest:
igshatKVAPfNn.jpg

Shatter:

Wreckage:

Click here for the full gallery.

CyReN

"In addition to the Crimson Map Pack, 343 Industries today unveiled “Extraction,” a new game type that will be introduced to “Halo 4” online matchmaking day and date with the map pack on Dec. 10:"

So they held off a perfectly good gametype for a map pack?

Someone here (can't remember now) asked BSAngel on twitter about H2 Anniversary, Maps, Patch notes and Playlist updates.

She said yes to 3 out of the 4, so unless Halo 2 Anniversary is revealed today I think we are good.

Patch Notes:
- Team Snipers removed
- FFA Throwback added
- Exploit on Complex blocked
- JIP Tweaked

I wouldn't go around getting people's hopes up after a vague tweet like that, it's not like someone at 343 proclaimed "Patch notes coming out today!" I'd love to be wrong though.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I miss Bungie.

"In addition to the Crimson Map Pack, 343 Industries today unveiled “Extraction,” a new game type that will be introduced to “Halo 4” online matchmaking day and date with the map pack on Dec. 10:"

So they held off a perfectly good gametype for a map pack?

Extraction is in the game now, just not a playlist. I assume they are just announcing that it will have a playlist come the 10th.

More interested in details of the title update.

More maps are good I guess, but I haven't tired of many release maps yet - except Ragnarok and maybe Exile to a lesser extent. Love it when I get a match on Abandon or Vortex, and Haven has never stopped being a good time.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Let's play!

GUESS THE LEVEL!

Guess the level from the picture clue taken from the a screenshot on that level! Easy!

brown-1.png

Hint: It has brown colours!

IHaveIce

Banned
Someone here (can't remember now) asked BSAngel on twitter about H2 Anniversary, Maps, Patch notes and Playlist updates.

She said yes to 3 out of the 4, so unless Halo 2 Anniversary is revealed today I think we are good.
yes that was me. But who knows maybe I nailed it with Halo2 haha.

Yeah also curious to see what is in it, because we were told JIP would be tweaked, but I didn't felt a difference

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Let's play!

GUESS THE LEVEL!

Guess the level from the picture clue taken from the a screenshot on that level! Easy!

brown-1.png

No offense, but you could do this with every level of any FPS and find the same color somewhere most likely. This picture could be from 90% of Halo levels, or any CoD, BF3, etc level.

I get your point though. I want more color ala Exile and Haven.

m23

yep. let's hope they address at least some of the issues that have been discussed. hell, I'd be happy even with one or two. eg return of death markers, or JIP toggle, or connection filter, or splitscreen performance improvements , etc

Please make it happen 343. This is one of the most glaring issues I have with the game right now.

FyreWulff

The kind of flat appearance seems to be a Certain Affinity thing. Highlands and Condemned have it in Reach.

One of those maps looks suspiciously Boneyardish but we already have the descendant on-disc, Vortex.

Check your game type options.

Oh, I'm well aware that the game type is already in the game, I just hope their reason for holding it back was to refine the playlist more instead of to sell a map pack. If the Extraction playlist is only available to people with this map pack I will have my answer.

I'm holding out hope that Harvest is a great addition to the CTF roster, since all we had before for that type of experience was Ragnarok. Wreckage is a map I'll probably play exclusively by virtue of King of the Hill and Oddball. And of course I'll see Shatter in the Dominion list, which it looks primed for.

I dunno, this could be good. It really comes down to how Harvest plays. If it's Complex v2, I may have angry words and then start playing other games.

GhaleonEB

To each their own I say. Doesn't sound fun to me at all. Course I'm a old fashioned Team Slayer kind of guy.

It's actually the game type I'm most interested in. If I understand it right, it's sort of a more dynamic Territories, where teams are fighting over a couple of plots at a time. As each is captured, a new one opens up. So the focus shifts across the map as the game progresses and teams earn points. I was disappointed it wasn't in matchmaking before, so I'm looking forward to it now.

It's the closest thing to Neutral Assault, which I miss dearly; combat will flow around the map in ways it doesn't in say, Dominion.
Oh, I'm well aware that the game type is already in the game, I just hope their reason for holding it back was to refine the playlist more instead of to sell a map pack. If the Extraction playlist is only available to people with this map pack I will have my answer.

I doubt very much that is the case. It was a separate note - it's part of that week's playlist update. We should have details today.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
No offense, but you could do this with every level of any FPS and find the same color somewhere most likely. This picture could be from 90% of Halo levels, or any CoD, BF3, etc level.

I get your point though. I want more color ala Exile and Haven.

I'm not even trying to be serious. But you do get my point. These are the blandest maps I have seen in some time. The variety is there, it should be, but just looking at them, I don't see it in the visuals.

They just look like maps cobbled together using parts of existing maps. I'm not putting them down, but visually, that is how they come across and it's rather lacklustre.

Halo map releases used to get me excited, but I can say I feel nothing for Crimson.

ElRenoRaven

Hadn't thought of that. Surely they wouldn't be that stupid to limit the playlist to only that map pack would they?

TCKaos

It's actually the game type I'm most interested in. If I understand it right, it's sort of a more dynamic Territories, where teams are fighting over a couple of plots at a time. As each is captured, a new one opens up. So the focus shifts across the map as the game progresses and teams earn points. I was disappointed it wasn't in matchmaking before, so I'm looking forward to it now.

It's the closest thing to Neutral Assault, which I miss dearly; combat will flow around the map in ways it doesn't in say, Dominion.

I doubt very much that is the case. It was a separate note - it's part of that week's playlist update. We should have details today.

That is of course provided that the capture points are placed in sensible locations. After playing it on Meltdown it felt more like Crazy King with buttons, but I can certainly see the potential in it.

ElRenoRaven

Ah I see now. Ok. Yea not my thing then though. Out of all the objective gametypes that would be my least favorite. Never even really liked Territories. I was always more of a CTF and assault kind of guy with previous Halos.

TCKaos

HaloGAF Exclusive: the February Majestic Map Pack reveal

Landfall

http://www.scienceclarified.com/photos/waste-management-3051.jpg[IMG]

Monolith

[IMG]http://gwri.calpoly.edu/media/default/DSC01988_waste_management_480.jpg[IMG]

Skyline

[IMG]http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17nblqmbe23fyjpg/xlarge.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Fuck you, you made me laugh out loud in a computer lab. Now my chest hurts.

Top Bottom