• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

Deadeye. I think you might be able to unlock it via progression, but it's a preorder helmet.

Aw, dang. I hope it's unlockable within the game, but I won't hold my breath. It seems as though 343 consciously chose the best designs to lock away behind preorder bonuses. First the Locus helmet, now this. :/

J10

Banned
Holding back gametypes to make it seem like they're updating the game in significant ways (as with Specializations) is kind of annoying. Or is there some other reason we couldn't be playing Extraction and Team Regicide at launch even for just custom games?

dalVlatko

3 BTB maps.

Not buying this or the season pass.

Harvest is a canon concept brought to life – the doomed agricultural planet where humans first made contact with the Covenant. A small to mid-size map, Harvest is ideal for Capture the Flag.

TIuvG.jpg

hnkLq.jpg
lol

Ramirez

Nothing about instant respawn being bugged in customs?

Instant respawns are bugged for everything aside from CTF, unless the timer in KOTH is actually supposed to start at 10 and then magically drop to 3, then instant.

Harvest is so disappointing visually, that's certainly not how I envisioned it after reading Staten's book. The concept art looked great, not sure what happened.

More Team SWAT and still no permanent Snipers. Fucking fantastic. This is getting beyond a joke.

Team Snipers, UNSC primary, Beam Secondary, is that really so much to ask for?

That bulletin was such a cocktease, great patch notes.

I think I'm the only one looking forward to team regicide. Could be an interesting twist on VIP.

Now if we could get some kind of Kill in Order variant back...

Pop

-Crimson playlist called Extraction(DLC only)
-FFA Throwback replaced by Team Regicide
-No mentioning of them listening to feedback
-Minor fixes to their screw-ups
-Trying to play off the map pack as not being all BIG huge maps
-No customs fixes
-No mention of Title Updates ideas

When I saw the headline I knew I couldn't take the bulletin serious. 343i is destroying Halo in my eyes. This is getting ridiculous.

MrDaravon

-Regicide makes much more sense as a team game, and is potentially interesting.
-They're saying that they made JiP fixes on Monday? Ahahaha.
-No real response to any of the pretty wide-spread complaints.

To be fair in the way the Extraction description reads, I don't think DLC will be required for it, just that it's going up at the same time.

Holding back gametypes to make it seem like they're updating the game in significant ways (as with Specializations) is kind of annoying. Or is there some other reason we couldn't be playing Extraction and Team Regicide at launch even for just custom games?

I think Extraction is available in custom games, I thought I saw some people mention here that they played it and it was good? Not sure about Team Regicide though.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah... I'm not buying those maps.

Edit : On a positive note, it's cool that 343 is fixing bugs and stuff.

Is the OT to the point now where everyone hates the game and just comes in to complain? That's the best part of the community.

yupp. I keep punishing myself by coming here since I love Halo 4 faults and all. It's way better than reach, but didn't quite hit that spot like 3 or 2 did for me. That may never happen but it's an awesome next step for 343i and a great starting point. I'm also enjoying it significantly more than reach, so at least now I like having fun playing halo again.

Sofa King

You know, it is kind of sad that they're trying to get people to pay $10 for 3 new maps when there are 3 maps on the disc that aren't in matchmaking yet.

I know we bitched and moaned about the overabundance of Forge maps in Reach, but nobody wanted that number cut down to zero.

So true.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Team Regicide will be fun.

I still don't get BS' Twitter comment though. Unless Halo 2 Anniversary was one of the "three out of four" IHaveIce got correct, because I saw no patch notes.

Also what of the lag issues?

TCKaos

Excited for Team Regicide, angered by everything else. Josh Holmes being smarmy about legitimate concerns does not do anything to put out the fire.

Team Regicide will be fun.

I still don't get BS' Twitter comment though. Unless Halo 2 Anniversary was one of the "three out of four" IHaveIce got correct, because I saw no patch notes.

Also what of the lag issues?

Also included in that update were the following:
• Fixed scripting issues in Regicide
• Fixed exploit locations on Solace
• Fixed KotH on Complex
• Fixed Mantis spawn timer on Meltdown
• Made late joining improvements to Join in Progress in all game types
• Reduced the window for Join in Progress in Slayer game types
• Made improvements to Join in Progress for uneven starts

Thems be your patch notes.

If this turns out like Reach's handling of DLC, then I demand a refund.

"...including a variety of designs, spaces for tight firefights or vehicle warfare, as well as 8 new achievements and a new Crimson DLC playlist."​
Brilliant. Consolidate playlists, then splinter the population with unnecessary playlists. No one learns anything except the people who are playing the game.

'Compete on new maps'

It's almost becoming a joke. The one map from the description that might, possibly, potentially, have a sliver of a chance slotting into a Team Slayer, 4v4 playlist and it features a fucking Warthog, a ghost, and a Mongoose. Really glad I didn't buy Halo 4.

And why do they all look so similar? Where's the visual identity. Compare these to a map like Assembly.

Fixed.

extraction is only for dlc owners in MM ? great job.

Team Regicide.. what the fuck

-FFA Throwback replaced by Team Regicide
-No mentioning of them listening to feedback
-Minor fixes to their screw-ups
-Trying to play off the map pack as not being all BIG huge maps
-No customs fixes
-No mention of Title Updates ideas

When I saw the headline I knew I couldn't take the bulletin serious. 343i is destroying Halo in my eyes. This is getting ridiculous.

Way to not read. This thread is at a Fox news level of disillusion, just seeing problems that don't exist.

..including a variety of designs, spaces for tight firefights or vehicle warfare, as well as 8 new achievements and a new Crimson DLC playlist. Extraction, a 5 vs. 5 objective-based game type where opposing Spartan teams are tasked with extracting assets from various sites around the map, will also be available for the first time in Multiplayer Matchmaking, on the same day that the Crimson Map Pack becomes available.

There's a fucking period between the two sentences. It's a MM update, not DLC for Extraction.

Not sure where you're getting that.

bulletin said:
Extraction, a 5 vs. 5 objective-based game type where opposing Spartan teams are tasked with extracting assets from various sites around the map, will also be available for the first time in Multiplayer Matchmaking, on the same day that the Crimson Map Pack becomes available.

It would be bullshit of the highest order if that was limited to paid DLC. But I don't see it.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
"...including a variety of designs, spaces for tight firefights or vehicle warfare, as well as 8 new achievements and a new Crimson DLC playlist."​
Brilliant. Consolidate playlists, then splinter the population with unnecessary playlists. No one learns anything except the people who are playing the game.

To counter this, some people want to play a DLC playlist because the DLC maps don't come up enough in normal rotation. This is the case with CoD and other games. I go into the DLC playlist because if one person that gets matched with you doesn't have it in normal playlists you can't play it. So it takes forever to see all 3 DLC maps.

Extraction shouldn't be DLC required though.

EDIT: I think Henry's right, Extraction ISN'T the DLC list. Read that again.

So nothing about a title update to fix any of the numerous bugs in the game like deleting campaign progress and disappearing weapons on the ground? Just fixing map exploits?

Lame as hell.

IHaveIce

Banned
Way to not read. This thread is at a Fox news level of disillusion, just seeing problems that don't exist.

There's a fucking period between the two sentences. It's a MM update, not DLC for Extraction.
I did a question mark, hope you know what that means. I'm at work and on mobile reading the waypoint website is near impossible. Also GAF is super slow so the copied text wasn't there.

Duncan said it perfectly we have maps on the disc that aren't even in matchamking...

TCKaos

EDIT: I just need to cool my jets. I need to catch my breath and wait for clarification. This shit is getting a bit out of hand.

ElRenoRaven

I wish I had tears left to cry.

You know at this point I'm done. I waited for a bulletin that was nothing but a sell job for the new maps and Forza Horizons DLC. Not even a goddamn we're looking at the feedback. Screw 343. I'm done. I'll let those that love it have their fun.

Tawpgun

Positive note: Team Regicide sounds cool. Can't wait to play extraction finally. Bug fixes I guess.

Salt note: Are you serious? Still no acknowledgement of the issues? Team Regicide is cool and all but wheres BTB objective, Slayer FFA, Fixed Ordnance playlist, Fixed BTB playlist? Anything addressing the horrendous search times? No acknowledgment of any kind of patch for custom options/ranks/GROUPS (remember when this was supposed to be a thing) at least an official acknowledgment that its being worked on would be nice. Hell, just tell us it isn't on the agenda if it isn't.

If no good news comes by the first Bulletin of the New Year... then 343 has lost my faith. I know they're a talented group of people that mean well and are going to make very successful games, I want to put that out there. But its clear as far as MP goes, that our interests aren't aligning and they're making no PUBLIC effort to address the issues I have with the game.

As super nice as something tangible would be by then, all I'm asking for is a confirmation of if they are working on it.

senador

Banned
Hmm. I really hope 343 starts talking at some point. I still mostly like the game, but this is getting weird.

Wow, really? lol

Jokes are cool and all at appropriate times, but the fan base is clearly upset with the decisions they're making. So to provoke them further on a day when you showcase a map pack made of nothing but large maps, it's probably not a good idea.

I've tried to stay as neutral as possible, but it's becoming quite clear that 343 is really out of touch with what a veteran Halo fan is looking for out of this game.

Listing an asymmetrical map as good for CTF is just mind boggling. Halo wasn't built on multi flag on asymmetrical maps, common sense.

Plenty of other people said it, but these maps all look exactly the same. 343's map designers have completely failed in implementing maps with easy to read locations & base identifiers, and this sure as hell doesn't look like it's going to buck that trend. How hard is it to design bases with red & blue identities, or implement some easy to read landmarks? Haven is a perfect example, the single pathway ramps have absolutely no way to distinguish them, it's all so amateurish. I had high hopes with a Metroid Prime level designer leading the maps, but it's been a bust thus far.

I'm pretty disappointed by the maps having no identifiers or distinguishing features for sides. They look nice, but they aren't very usable.

With ya on the CTF thing Ram. No one flag baffles even me.

I still think Josh is having some fun.

[Redacted]

You know, it is kind of sad that they're trying to get people to pay $10 for 3 new maps when there are 3 maps on the disc that aren't in matchmaking yet.

I know we bitched and moaned about the overabundance of Forge maps in Reach, but nobody wanted that number cut down to zero.

I did actually. I wanted no Forge maps at all. I'm willing to rethink that though since we really only have Haven for arena style maps.

Turned it on for my first game in about a week, join FFA Throwback...

'YOU FINISHED 8TH PLACE'

Fuck JIP.

Lol, just now? And they claimed to have tightening the JiP rules? What was the score when you joined? Or was it already over? I wonder what metric they're using to determine whether or not a match is almost over. Maybe it's shallowly just by time. Le shrug.

You know at this point I'm done. I waited for a bulletin that was nothing but a sell job for the new maps and Forza Horizons DLC. Screw 343. I'm done. I'll let those that love it have their fun.

OMG stop being so dramatic and just accept 343's new vision for Halo. Jesus. The game needs to keep with the times. Stop trying to hamper my enjoyment of the game. I can't stand HaloGAF anymore. Nothing but complainers.

I did a question mark, hope you know what that means. I'm at work and on mobile reading the waypoint website is near impossible. Also GAF is super slow so the copied text wasn't there.

Duncan said it perfectly we have maps on the disc that aren't even in matchamking...

Since this is the internet and the Halo GAF OT it's about 90% chicken little. The question mark read more as a wtf? really? not is this correct? sorry about jumping to conclusions, I can easily replace your quote with a handful of others though.

TCKaos

You don't. Read the paragraph again. Says there's a DLC playlist (period) Then talks about Extraction being added as a playlist.

Yeah, I just need to chill for a minute. I'm getting too worked up by all of this.

I kind of suggest that we all do the same, though. Let's chill out and come back a bit more level headed. Today has been a bad day. Anyone want to do customs later? Say, 5:00 Central?

Please read. Also for the new page.

...including a variety of designs, spaces for tight firefights or vehicle warfare, as well as 8 new achievements and a new Crimson DLC playlist. Extraction, a 5 vs. 5 objective-based game type where opposing Spartan teams are tasked with extracting assets from various sites around the map, will also be available for the first time in Multiplayer Matchmaking, on the same day that the Crimson Map Pack becomes available.

Extraction is not paid DLC. It's a part of the MM update. Please calm down, the sky is not falling.

THEYRE ADDING TEAM REGICIDE?

AFTER ALL THE COMPLAINTS THEIR ADDING MORE OF WHAT WE HATE?

I love regicide, teams sounds awesome. Here have some salt.

hqTFU.jpg

IHaveIce

Banned
Since this is the internet and the Halo GAF OT it's about 90% chicken little. The question mark read more as a wtf? really? not is this correct? sorry about jumping to conclusions, I can easily replace your quote with a handful of others though.
yeah read my post again and thought the same lol didn't want to offend you or anything.

If it isn't restricted by DLC I will be happy <3

I'm also sad how they show off in the screenshots with the deadeye and locus helmet :( both unaviable for people in here in germany..

MrDaravon

Wait, are the DLC maps themselves actually on the disc, or are we just talking about Extraction, etc?

I'm also sad how they show off in the screenshots with the deadeye and locus helmet :( both unaviable for people in here in germany..

Yeah, I'm tired of having the Fotus helmet crammed down my throat.

Top Bottom