• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Fuchsdh

Pretty much, they about knock themselves out with all the back-patting they do in that recent Spartan Ops video so I doubt their MP team is different.

Maybe they'll release a new interview after the second map pack and we can see if Kiki Wolfkill can undo even more buttons on her shirt and they can talk about all these awesome watercooler moments and how the fans are just clamoring for more and how the only bad thing is that they just don't have more 343i products to sell.
Way to sound like a sexist douchebag.

CyReN

Interested why you think this.

Follows competitive gaming, responds to his community, invited out community members to test out his game (people that play and break the game), got spectator mode into Gears. Basically anything competitive this is the guy from a industry pov.

and I didn't have to nag him to promote AGL, he just did it. He's been following the Halo scene for sometime now also so it isn't like a thing where he got hired and says "hey im here now lets talk about this said community".

This guy loves Halo.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Follows competitive gaming, responds to his community, invited out community members to test out his game (people that play and break the game), got spectator mode into Gears. Basically anything competitive this is the guy from a industry pov.

and I didn't have to nag him to promote AGL.

Yeah, but how does any of that mean a better Halo?

MLG/AGL etc doesn't make or break a game.

TheOddOne

Calling in a UNSC bombing run.
Dw7wC.gif

Tunavi

Banned
via reddit

"TIL that element 117 is in group 17 of the periodic table and has 7 valence electrons, making it a halogen."

tumblr_m6yvhgBLnG1qk8zxso1_250.gif

Ghazi

via reddit

"TIL that element 117 is in group 17 of the periodic table and has 7 valence electrons, making it a halogen."

tumblr_m6yvhgBLnG1qk8zxso1_250.gif
There's your first mistake, unless your specifically referring to r/halo because there are some sane people there. That's pretty cool though.

Korosenai

I'm hosting xbox connect right now if anyone wants to join.

username: nub_in_a_tub

I already have 8 people in my game. FFA Midship.

There's your first mistake, unless your specifically referring to r/halo because there are some sane people there. That's pretty cool though.

He is
http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/17rcgc/til_that_element_117_is_in_group_17_of_the/

Just thought of a cool sub- gametype thing you could vote for in Regicide. Only if Halo 4 had Elites. Everyone starts off as Elite's with a Carbine, Plasma Pistol, and normal shields. If you are leading, you spawn as Master Chief with a BR, Saw, and rechargeable over shield. I think that would be pretty fun.

Replace the Elites with Spartan IV's and we got something.

Fotos

Just thought of a cool sub- gametype thing you could vote for in Regicide. Only if Halo 4 had Elites. Everyone starts off as Elite's with a Carbine, Plasma Pistol, and normal shields. If you are leading, you spawn as Master Chief with a BR, Saw, and rechargeable over shield. I think that would be pretty fun.

Ghazi

Well then that's fine, r/gaming is a cesspool of reposts and redundant posts.
And Nobelium, element 102, has an atomic weight of 259.

This is actually pretty cool too.

in regards to the gamespot video about spartan ops:

WHAT FEEDBACK ARE THEY LOOKING AT
Their own

heckfu

Banned
This place freaks out about the weirdest stuff.

They hire one guy which OF COURSE means that he is in charge of not only all future maps but also means that the maps are subject to his and his artistic direction alone which will all be small and therefore be TERRIBLE.

Then Cyren and u4ix make counter arguments and the response is NOPE.

Overdoziz

Banned
This place freaks out about the weirdest stuff.

They hire one guy which OF COURSE means that he is in charge of not only all future maps but also means that the maps are subject to his and his artistic direction alone which will all be small and therefore be TERRIBLE.

Then Cyren and u4ix make counter arguments and the response is NOPE.
You forgot to quote Shogun or are you really pretending everyone said that?

u4iX

Quinn has had a hand in a lot of games that I really like, has shown interest towards the more "competitive" style of gaming like Halo 1, Starcraft, and others. He seems to lean more in that direction, much like Bravo, but also doesn't alienate the casual audience in the process.

He had some influence in getting the Gears ranking system into place, as well as the spectator mode. He's done level design for GoW and Quake, which is awesome because Halo 1 maps always felt a little more like Quake maps to me. I loved that feel.

The weapons in Gears of War 3, regardless of what you think of the Sawed-off Shotgun, all served very specific roles. In Halo 4, there's a lot of bleed over between weapons like the automatics and rifles. For instance, what really makes someone pick the Storm Rifle over the Suppressor? In GoW3, I knew exactly why I would pick the Hammerburst over the Retrolancer, or what situations called for either.

Is he the one to "save Halo?" No, because as I've been scolded by the HaloGAF hive mind before, it's not because of "one person."

But, as a team, this is an awesome addition for 343 and it's clear cut that with their recent hires like Bravo and now Quinn, they're seeing the inadequacies in ignoring the competitive aspects of the game, id est the game balance; the "intangibles."

These are guys (Bravo and Quinn) who would have noticed that you can't continue to run while pressing back, and that you can't use the right stick to navigate while holding back.

That's why I'm most excited and most impressed by people like Quinn and Bravo.

Those little things will get noticed now... or at least they have a much better chance of getting noticed now.

I'm not looking at Quinn or Bravo to "save Halo" or be the sole factor in improving the game towards my own personal opinions. I look to these guys to be the voice of the minute details that bug me the most about the game. The intrusive UI, the perils of pressing back, and not being able to see the final scores post game.

And what is the counter argument to this debate anyway?

That there isn't a reason for me to feel excited or happy for Quinn?

What are you bogan, backwards, sock and sandal wearing eggheads even arguing?

Stop it.

You look foolish for saying "oh, well I don't see how this is going to help..."

If you don't see the positives, you're blind to what certain people have done in other areas of the industry, you're incapable of connecting the dots and rationalizing what Quinn has to offer, or you just plain don't want to see the positives.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I see Quinn being added to the team much like I saw the MLG prelaunch event for Halo.

Much ado about nothing. His connection to Gears 3 doesn't help my opinion of the matter.

Also, what ranking system in Gears 3? The prestige system?

You can be excited for him joining the team all you want, I'll be more realistic on the matter. MLG/AGL/Pro settings aren't gonna save Halo, so none of that shit really matters in respect to what I'm looking for. Are they a good addition? Yeah, sure. Are they necessary? NOPE.

There's your nope Heckfu. ;)

Edit: BTW I'm far more "glad" about Bravo joining than Quinn. Like I said before, Quinn's a nice guy and all, but I don't hold much faith in Quinn. Maybe they will hire Pete Nub next.

Top Bottom