• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

It's not that they haven't played games before, but they're not "good" at games and learning how to break the game to see what's overpowering or imbalanced.

But even the settings dont really make sense for people who play games.

If you have to stop action and capture a point you are balancing whether you think you have enough of the enemy down to do that. So you are balancing slayer/objective. With Domination you have instant respawn so you cant technically "Down" the enemy team to a point of safety for the cap.

So you should be able to free roam in a cap circle and still shoot, defend yourself.

Generally CoD does this right where they have S&D rounds where you have a life to either plant or kill the whole enemy team, but in domination you have the circle cap area since everyone instantly respawns.

Its just little common sense game features like this that create more fluid gameplay.

Regicide is another example of something that shouldn't have made it past an idea. Its helping casuals with actual scoring...its not right.

Theres just so many bad settings its embarassing and they didnt create enough options (options that actually work correctly) to make the correct gameplay.

I need to be in there telling them what can and cant be done. Its so frustrating seeing my favorite game become this...

Wheres the mercenaries playlist anyways? The lone wolf experience is still absolutely terrible.

Yeah 30 years is standard but that doesn't mean it doesn't make me sad.

30 years is harsh. Kind of makes me glad I plan to rent for the coming future. Sure a house would be nice but with a decent landlord and tenancy rights those concerns are very minor.

I pay close to what a standard mortgage in my area is per month but the security of knowing if something goes wrong it's part of the landlords agreement that he has to fix it is a small assurance.

Fuchsdh

30 years is harsh. Kind of makes me glad I plan to rent for the coming future. Sure a house would be nice but with a decent landlord and tenancy rights those concerns are very minor.

I pay close to what a standard mortgage in my area is per month but the security of knowing if something goes wrong it's part of the landlords agreement that he has to fix it is a small assurance.

The people in my area easily pay $3k for a 2br apartment in a "hip" area. At those prices I'd rather have a home.

heckfu

Banned

But in America I get paid back SO much in taxes for owning a home rather than renting. Like...hundreds of dollars in tax breaks.

And I'm not like guaranteed to keep it for 30 years, I'll probably sell it and buy something nicer in the future once I'm married and settled, etc.

Gui_PT

She decides she's a man in mission 4 and chief falls in love with him.

ibwjNLET3MycXi.gif

Renting's basically tossing cash out the window. You'll never own that stuff, and thats probably something you want to own.

Plus you can get a nice room and fill it with your figurines and stuff. Maybe put a keyboard in there...I dunno.

Which HaloGaffer has recently been a pretty cool guy who doesn't afraid of anything? i.e., did something nice, or is sad about something, or was in hospital or whatever?
I'm currently in chemistry class for 4 hours.
And I will be again on Wednesday.
And the Monday after that.
And the Wednesday after that.
For 16 weeks.

No Overdoziz is right, I just got on CoD, I'm already pro. In fact they asked me to come on and compete in the million dollar tournament, I'll probably need a team tho once I get towards the final's brackets, but maybe not, the game doesnt really take any skill.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
No Overdoziz is right, I just got on CoD, I'm already pro. In fact they asked me to come on and compete in the million dollar tournament, I'll probably need a team tho once I get towards the final's brackets, but maybe not, the game doesnt really take any skill.

Have you used the peacekeeper?

So good.

And after 30 years you'll be looking pretty with all that equi---- wait, you'll have nothing to show for it.

Renting is not in anyway superior to owning if you have the ability to own.

I think Laskey might (later on) Disobey orders to Eliminate Dr. Hasley. Why introduce him in FUD as a friend of Chief and make him into this important Noble character within this trilogy only to obey orders in Killing another Human being (Knowing it being Catherine)? It doesn't add up. Imo.

Remember, 343 has a vendetta against Halsey. It wouldn't surprise me to see them work it where Chief killed her and then everyone took turns teabagging her corpse.

Pay a little bit extra each month. Even $50 a month, if you can. It will chop years off the loan over time.
Do this.

I had a 500,000.00 mortgage on a 35 year amortization I did the following:
Weekly payments rather then bi-weekly or monthly
10% extra each week that went straight towards to printable

With those two things my mortgage went from 35 year to roughly 16 years. The weekly payment literally costs you nothing extra (though each year you technically make two extra payments) but just paying down the balance weekly rather than bi weekly helps tremendously. Interest is a bitch.

Adding 10% extra each month isn't for everyone but even if you can only do 5% it'd be huge and I highly recommend it. As I'm typing this I am thinking it may have actually been 20% extra each month that I was putting down, I forget now...

heckfu

Banned
Do this.

I had a 500,000.00 mortgage on a 35 year amortization I did the following:
Weekly payments rather then bi-weekly or monthly
10% extra each week that went straight towards to printable

With those two things my mortgage went from 35 year to roughly 16 years. The weekly payment literally costs you nothing extra (though each year you technically make two extra payments) but just paying down the balance weekly rather than bi weekly helps tremendously. Interest is a bitch.

Adding 10% extra each month isn't for everyone but even if you can only do 5% it'd be huge and I highly recommend it. As I'm typing this I am thinking it may have actually been 20% extra each month that I was putting down, I forget now...

I've thought about doing that but here's my thinking:
a) I wont have this house more than 10 years, most likely. I'll need a bigger place with room for familial growth (or if I'm still single a way to flaunt my possessions and make myself feel better for still being alone).
b) I have a locked in rate of 3.125% interest that will carry over to the new buyers so I won't have any problems selling it.

Will probably just keep making the same payments with a little bit extra just in case things go awry.

team doubles any good?
Better than sitting in chemistry!
obTGEa2.jpg

On the plus side, dude in front of me is playing Minecraft.
Professor thinks I'm looking at her PowerPoint, but I'm totally watching this dude mine.
I think I'm going to be taking notes on my laptop next week.......

a) I wont have this house more than 10 years, most likely. I'll need a bigger place with room for familial growth (or if I'm still single a way to flaunt my possessions and make myself feel better for still being alone).
b) I have a locked in rate of 3.125% interest that will carry over to the new buyers so I won't have any problems selling it.

Will probably just keep making the same payments with a little bit extra just in case things go awry.
Yeah the only thing is if you're planning on selling it everything that you put onto the mortgage extra will just become equity aka real money when you sell the place. So throwing money down onto your mortgage saves you money (less interest being paid over the long run) and its essentially a savings that you'll get once you sell.

Eh either way you have a house you're smart enough.

Do the weekly payments though, honestly the best free decision you could make. Ask your mortgage broker about it.

Ghazi

Tell your landlord that he/she will never have to pay another copay again if they lower your interest rate.

lol

Top Bottom