• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Fuchsdh

It's a weapon sandbox analysis-turned-revision that's meant to show an ideal wishlist of what I'd like out of Halo 5's. Megapost will show up on Forward Unto Dawn, Dani (RIP in peace) still permitting.

Don't let the Heckfu get you down. I'm definitely interested in seeing what you come up with.

Yeah, but who would have thought that a title screen could do that!

Wish list? Does your version of Halo 5 have 4.7 trillion weapons in it?

I'm actually cutting down on weapon counts as we speak. I seriously just took about 6 out of the race today. Things are getting refined and worked into definite roles with a few overlaps just due to the way everything's laid out. Soon(tm)

Really risky move by Frankie posting them so early. Urk had been waiting for clearance or so his latest online interactions would have suggested.

Booties

Banned
Why are kids talking about how renting is better right now? Prime rates are 3% and your landlord is literally fucking you. They always take security deposits and they can just sell the house to someone who doesn't have to honor your lease.

Get. A. Job.

On a related note, I posted a picture of a check like six months ago and someone did't know what it was. Good luck making it in the real world.

How was I trying to get him down? I was genuinely confused.

Nah it's fine, I've been rambling :lol

It's hard for me to just organize everything into a concise post given I don't even know the basic format I'm going to lay out everything with. This is mostly just meant to be surveying GAF to see opinions, if I should bring back/replace/merge weapons, and so on and so forth. Just so that you know I'm not trolling and trying to make a genuine effort, the UNSC sandbox can be isolated in my theoretical to provide a completely competitively balanced arsenal for use in hardcore gametypes. Additionally, just so you know I'm not fucking around, my sandbox actually gets rid of the Spartan Laser, Incineration Cannon, and Gravity Hammer.

That's not to say the last two don't have influences on particular weapons, though.

Nice, that means I can look at it.

rip infinity cragmire

J10

Banned
AfroWomanYouMad-GIF.gif

Never seen a more perfect afro.

Zoolader

I make it a point to avoid that.

Ya I'd rather not have to ever work and just live in an apartment, where do I sign up? Or did he mean the landlords should get a job?? Is Destiny really out there? Does Fyre really need a credit card or can he use cash? So many questions.

u4iX

Turns out the Xbox 720 is a DLC add-on to this puppy.

Those screenshots were pretty sick Ram.

For anyone interested here's some bullet points on the Destiny leak
-Open world much like Skyrim
-MMOFPS
-Instead of doing "missions" for other people, you actually form a squad (can be different factions like bandits, police style mercs, etc) and create your own missions against other squads
-Missions involve raiding bases, sabotaging vehicles, ambushing supply trains, etc
-Guns are set per faction like Planetside 2
-Guns aren't random like Borderlands, they have a role in your squad like Halo 1 (Plasma freeze, precision, CQC, medic, etc)

Can't wait.

JHall

Turns out the Xbox 720 is a DLC add-on to this puppy.

Those screenshots were pretty sick Ram.

For anyone interested here's some bullet points on the Destiny leak
-Open world much like Skyrim
-MMOFPS
-Instead of doing "missions" for other people, you actually form a squad (can be different factions like bandits, police style mercs, etc) and create your own missions against other squads
-Missions involve raiding bases, sabotaging vehicles, ambushing supply trains, etc
-Guns are set per faction like Planetside 2
-Guns aren't random like Borderlands, they have a role in your squad like Halo 1 (Plasma freeze, precision, CQC, medic, etc)

Can't wait.

Bungie now has my attention.

You monster.

You monster!!

CALM DOWN

It gets a replacement in the form of a Promethean Hardlight Halberd. A standard whack is your run-of-the-mill two-whack kill but you can also charge up a shot (and hold it much like an old plasma pistol) which will cause an old-fashioned Gravity Hammer antigrav-burst.

Guys, I'm trying to reduce non-initial ordnance weapons. What should I do with the Concussion Rifle and Fuel Rod Gun? I feel like one of the fuckers needs to leave since the Halo 2 AND Halo 3 Brute Shots can essentially be "replicated" with the Becquerel now.

Just thinking out loud here: what if uncharged shots worked like the Halo 2 Brute Shot, but a charged shot would work like a Fuel Rod Gun round?

If this isn't HaloGAF's biggest troll, I would love to see the destiny stuff you're all talking about.
If it is HaloGAF's biggest troll, eff y'all!

Ghazi

PM'd

Anyone else feel free to ask, too. It might take a while, though, cause my PM box is filling up fast. No juniors, sorry.

Didn't see my tweet?
Can I have some PM's? I'd PM myself some pics but I'm not cool enough to get into the beta.

My sandbox is at 35 weapons right now including grenades.

And that's with the weapon cuts.

why.gif

EDIT: To clarify, 16 are loadout weapons, if you include grenades. There's a precision loadout primary, automatic primary, secondary precision weapon (see magnum), and a secondary automatic per faction.

9 of those are initial ordnance; these are things like the Scattershot and DMR.

10 of those are power weapons, 4 of which double as Personal Ordnance.

tl;dr (lol) it really boils down to ~20 weapons if you don't count grenades; the loadout weapons are balanced to such an extent that they're considered more personal preference, and occupy roughly the same roles.

My sandbox is at 34 weapons right now including grenades.

And that's with the weapon cuts.

why.gif

A lot of weapons isn't bad. As long as each one has a role and is unique, and it seems like you have that down.

--

Also, are you guys serious about this PM business? It's definitely not the first time this has happened lol

Hello all! Been readin for a couple months, playin' halo since CE, looks like I can finally post! If anyone wants a competitive teammate hit me up sometime GT= L DIDS L

AAaaaand commence the Junior wave. Welcome! You didn't even fill out the survey!

DIDS

Neo Member
Hello all! Been readin for a couple months, playin' halo since CE, looks like I can finally post! If anyone wants a competitive teammate hit me up sometime GT= L DIDS L

Top Bottom