• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

rakka

just when I'm starting to get used to all of halo 4s problems and adapt another one pops up.

I've tested stealth countless times. with the other player using stealth, with me taking damage , no shields, with me reloading or firing my weapon, with me moving, with me switching weapons. in NO case has stealth given up my location to promethean vision when I am behind a wall or object.

yet when i really need stealth to work, say a matchmaking team against a very challenging team, stealth seems to not work at fucking all every now and then. killcam even reveals me showing bright and red on enemy promethean vision.

this game is so fucking inconsistent.

just when I'm starting to get used to all of halo 4s problems and adapt another one pops up.

I've tested stealth with a friend for many hours. with the other player using stealth, with me taking damage shields no, with me reloading or firing my weapon, with me moving, with me switching weapons. in NO case has stealth given up my location to promethean vision when I am behind a wall or object.

yet when i really need stealth to work, say a matchmaking team against a very challenging team, stealth seems to not work at fucking all every now and then. killcam even reveals me showing bright and red on enemy promethean vision.

this game is so fucking inconsistent.
May just be one of the many bugs of kill cams.

rakka

May just be one of the many bugs of kill cams.

perhaps, but I deliberately watched the killcam because many times there should have been no way the player would have known I was there, charges up boltshot and lines up the shot, I'm looking at the killcam and reticule is aimed right at me even whilst still being behind the wall. oh and fuck boltshot too lol

m23

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=511690

Witcher 3

:)

Ok wow, the text is small. I don't want to miss anything good. Here's a small few things I got that I loved.

World supposedly 20% bigger than Skyrim's
30-40 minutes to cross world on Horseback
New streaming technology (CDRED Engine 3)
Geralt's Memory is restored
No chapters/acts
Dude is fucking DONE fighting for everyone else
Everything from solving MYSTERIES to slaying monsters
Coming out on "all top-of-the-line" consoles - I'd say that confirms next-gen is in.

I'll be back with more.

Is it ok to post the screens from the mag, mods?

Guys, quick, give me name ideas for a grenade launcher. Bonus points if it's one word or has the letters D, B, G, or L together.

Sadly DONGBLAIN will not work.

GhaleonEB

I am my own landlord. And as far as interest goes, I have one of the lowest in modern history so I'll just count my blessings.

Yup, that's a great rate. Think of the interest rate as being your guaranteed, fixed rate of return. You put down $100 extra on the house, the interest you save is a 3.125% return on that investment. (You realize the investment by not paying it.)

But 3.125% is a low rate of return. If you are also investing, you'll likely see a better return there. Personally, I'd still put a bit extra down, but make it a pretty small portion of your total savings. (Assuming you can save at this point.)

We put $200 extra on our mortgage each month, with periodic bumps when we get bonuses, tax returns, etc. That will cut the life of the mortgage from 30 years to less than 15. We're three years into the mortgage so we'll pay off the house about the time our youngest kid graduates high school. (We're planning to stay in it.)

Our rate is 4.5%, but we bought as prices were falling so it's just barely underwater still, so we can't refinance. So we're just chopping the principal down fast while we can.

[/financetalk]

[/financetalk]
MortgageGAF

Make sure you have a portable mortgage.
A variable rate isn't as scary as it sounds, it has saved me thousands of dollars but it is also a gamble and could end up costing you. Banks can only raise the rate a quarter point every meeting though, so it isn't as though your mortgage will go from 4% to 18% overnight.
Get a mortgage that you can borrow against your equity with. This means after 5-10 years if you have 30k in equity on your mortgage you can take that and borrow it at no charge. Essentially it's a zero interest line of credit. Perfect for if you want to buy a new vehicle and avoid paying interest, or you want to do home renovations.
Accelerated payments are incredible and are the only way to go.
Get mortgage/life insurance, but probably don't get it though the bank you get better rates from private companies.

Source: 4 mortgages

Sidenote: this is all from a Canadian, stuff may be different for Americans.

Its more interesting than hearing from people here about how they could change the game for the better yet it never happening over and over and over.

I've thought about doing that but here's my thinking:
a) I wont have this house more than 10 years, most likely. I'll need a bigger place with room for familial growth (or if I'm still single a way to flaunt my possessions and make myself feel better for still being alone).
b) I have a locked in rate of 3.125% interest that will carry over to the new buyers so I won't have any problems selling it.

Will probably just keep making the same payments with a little bit extra just in case things go awry.

werwequvt.gif

Buntabox

I don't want this to sound as if I prefer it.

But I did have the most fun with the warthog (+AI gunner) than I had anywhere in the halo 4 campaign with SPOPS ep8 chpt3

I'll explain this. I think the halo 4 campaign doesn't utilize the hog well at all. Halo 2,3,Reach did very well. Most of my favorite campaign levels are usually ones that have warthogs in some capacity. Halo 4 seemed to focus on the mantis and the brief scorpion level (tunnel).

That said, almost felt like a campaign for a minute. Almost.

Edit: for clarification

Got it. New grenade launcher's called BECQUEREL, BEC for short. It's a unit of radiation, which explosions do.

Ballistic Explosive-Class Quadraphonic, Engineer Refurbished, Extralinear

It has a four-grenade clip similar to the Plasma Launcher, which are in a preset order. You can't traditionally "reload" it to restore a full clip. Instead, reloading shuffles them - sending them all forward one. Only when you have fully exhausted your clip will it reload. Max size is four clips, spawns with two. Essentially Pay Attention To Your Fucking Magazine: The Movie of the Critically-Acclaimed Gun. There is a digital/hardlight display on the gun indicating which round it's going to fire, think Tetris or Dr. Mario.

Alt-fires are present!

Nade 1: GREEN - "Frag." Treat it like the Reach grenade launcher.

Nade 2: BLUE - "Plasma." Treat it like the Sticky Detonator.

Nade 3: RED - "Pulse." Treat it like you're long-balling a Pulse Grenade. Default function: equal damage radius to the current variant. Saps AA meter rapidly; if they don't have an AA or it's recharging, the field's power is doubled. Alt-fire: damage is half of its current damage, but induces very heavy horizontal and vertical slowdown. Due to the difficulty of landing a kill with this grenade, it has very very fast travel speed, low gravity, and will ricochet off of a minimum 5 surfaces unless it hits a dynamic target like a player or vehicle. Enemies in hallways will get fucked over by reds.

Nade 4: YELLOW - "Phase." Default fire is longballing a Firebomb with a Promethean reskin. Alt-fire is longballing a Spike Grenade with a Promethean reskin.

Reload time is ridiculously long - think 1.5x the SAW reload speed.

heckfu

Banned
Got it. New grenade launcher's called BECQUEREL, BEC for short. It's a unit of radiation, which explosions do.

Ballistic Explosive-Class Quadraphonic, Engineer Refurbished, Extralinear

I don't think I've understood a single fucking post you've made lately. What are you even talking about with all these weapons you're making?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Today was a good day. Got to go see Spike Lee give a speech, then come here to see Witcher 3 and Ram get a Destiny beta key. feels good man.

I don't think I've understood a single fucking post you've made lately. What are you even talking about with all these weapons you're making?

It's a weapon sandbox analysis-turned-revision that's meant to show an ideal wishlist of what I'd like out of Halo 5's. Megapost will show up on Forward Unto Dawn, Dani (RIP in peace) still permitting.

It's literally just the title screen. Tuna is blowing it way out of proportion.

Yeah, but who would have thought that a title screen could do that!

It's a weapon sandbox analysis-turned-revision that's meant to show an ideal wishlist of what I'd like out of Halo 5's. Megapost will show up on Forward Unto Dawn, Dani (RIP in peace) still permitting.

Wish list? Does your version of Halo 5 have 4.7 trillion weapons in it?

Top Bottom