• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Caja 117

The 110 movement in team throw down is to much. They are always trying to make Halo a fast pace game to compete with cod and it makes it more of a cluster fuck. I prefer the slower pace like Halo 3.

The 110 speed is purely for straffing purposes, it makes it harder to land shots, and its something that has been used since Halo 3 (or before, not too sure) this has nothing to do with CoD.

OverHeat

« generous god »
I'm glad you enjoy the product, but that still doesn't change the fact that it does nothing for me.
I respect that, but why are you still in here posting about a product you dont enjoy anymore? Constructive criticism is something that we need to help dev make a better product ( no game is perfect IMO )but pure bashing of H4 wont give anything except make this forum a worst place.

Nebula

I respect that, but why are you still in here posting about a product you dont enjoy anymore? Constructive criticism is something that WE need to make a better product ( no game is perfect IMO )but pure bashing of H4 wont give anything except make this forum a worst place.

I've honestly not had much of a chance to do it here. So many people already post how I feel, and even go on to post how I would deal with it. I have posted what I would like to see done in some aspects of the game here and on other forums. A lot of the time I bounce my thoughts off of my other Halo playing friends as well. I did used to do YouTube as well which was surprisingly helpful as planning for videos allowed me to think out what I would be saying about the game and if it truly made sense to say those things.

I'm waiting for the TU as well. There's no point in me listing changes just yet if the TU covers them, and it lets me alter my opinion if I disagree/agree with what the TU brings to the table.

I still come here because a lot of posters here make a lot of sense, a lot more than 343 does at the moment anyway. It's one of the few places I can get some sane proposals to fixing/updating Halo 4 and back those ideas in the hopes someone somewhere in 343 is watching that idea gain support.

Caja 117

But Halo 2 bomb armings didn't reset the arm timer to 0 when you dropped it, unless it went outside of the arm zone. Halo 3 and later is a different story altogether. Extraction would be leagues better if it had sticky arming, but it doesn't. It would be better if it had a visible zone, but it doesn't. It would be better if the plant points were in better positions. It would be so much better if the player didn't have to hold a button for an eternity(one reason why Dominion is bad). It would be better if the player could move their model while extracting.

1-visible zone? What are you reffering to? There is a big red dot with a letter stalking your HUD at all times.

2- holding a button to extract is so you can have a chance to let go if you get shot at, thus avoiding getting killed.

3-the plant points are in perfect position in both extractionan maps.

4-you can move your player while doing the extraction, is a limited movement, but is part of what objective is supposed to be, the objective player is left vulnerable while the other 3 players protect.

You just hate the gametype just because, as your complaints dont have any foundation to call it crap.

heckfu

Banned
1-visible zone? What are you reffering to? There is a big red dot with a letter stalking your HUD at all times.

2- holding a button to extract is so you can have a chance to let go if you get shot at, thus avoiding getting killed.

4-you can move your player while doing the extraction, is a limited movement, but is part of what objective is supposed to be, the objective player is left vulnerable while the other 3 players protect.

You just hate the gametype just because, as your complaints dont have any foundation to call it crap.

To be fair, I've had a LOT of problems getting stuck during the extraction time and then after I get done holding the button and filling up the bar my player is stuck in the same spot for at least a couple seconds. It's very frustrating.

To be fair, I've had a LOT of problems getting stuck during the extraction time and then after I get done holding the button and filling up the bar my player is stuck in the same spot for at least a couple seconds. It's very frustrating.

I've only had this happen on the Crimson playlist Extraction gametype. I've never had this on custom settings Extraction like that in the new playlist.

Nebula

I've only had this happen on the Crimson playlist Extraction gametype. I've never had this on custom settings Extraction like that in the new playlist.

Happens in Dominion all the time as well. It seems to be linked to the connection quality in the game, but I can't confirm that.

Kibbles

Team Throwdown has been a blast when I played a few games solo and then a bunch with a party of 3-4 the rest of the night. Quitters ruined a bunch of games though, but what are you going to do.

Toa TAK

Banned
I played a game of CTF on Adrift on Team Throwdown. It was a lot of fun, we won 5-0. I'm just going to assume I got lucky there.

Karl2177

5-You just hate the gametype just because, as your complaints dont have any foundation to call it crap.

[1] Visible zone that encapsulates the volume you can extract in. Like I described a few posts ago...

[2]Or I could hold the position like a territory or hold the bomb like assault. Instead I'm forced to put down my weapon or lose what I've started. As I said in my post before, it's not fun to be the objective man.

[3]Arguable... Again like I pointed out in my last post, B spot on Haven is a grenade pit.

[4]You can look around, but you can't move. I just tried it in a custom using the v2 settings. Maybe it's connection dependent like Nebula said. I honestly wouldn't be surprised when only people that are off-host can move with it.

[5]Necessary?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
U S A

10nbJkb.gif

U S A

46wM0X7.gif

Caja 117

[1] Visible zone that encapsulates the volume you can extract in. Like I described a few posts ago...

[2]Or I could hold the position like a territory or hold the bomb like assault. Instead I'm forced to put down my weapon or lose what I've started. As I said in my post before, it's not fun to be the objective man.I

[3]Arguable... Again like I pointed out in my last post, B spot on Haven is a grenade pit.

[4]You can look around, but you can't move. I just tried it in a custom using the v2 settings. Maybe it's connection dependent like Nebula said. I honestly wouldn't be surprised when only people that are off-host can move with it.

[5]Necessary?

Let me reply to you with a comparison to other popular gametypes:

In oddball you cant shoot back at anybody and you have to let go of the objective to shoot back, why you dont hate on oddball?

In Koth you are in the hill, tjete are some hills spots that are nades magnet,.like top mid in lookout or sniper plat in contruct from halo 3, why you dont hate the KoTH?

If you decide to play the objective a lot of the time you are going to die been the objective, thats why some team give rols to players, like the slayer type, and the objective type and those objective type never end up with a cute KD ratio.

I found to be the objective an interesting rol, because you have to be the most aware player on the team as you need to know when to pull objective, in some cases know what route to take with the objective at hand, other times when to be set on the objective, overall knowing how many of you teamates and your opponents are dead, even having a slight idea where is the enemy in the map.

If you for once give this gametype a chance you are going to like it, but i doubt thats going to happen for now, as i go to my next point:

Ranks for this playlist needs to come fast, the top players are all playing this, and for people like Karl, who have not enjoyed extraction, they wont be able to, when you get killed just by even getting close to the extraction spot. A lot of people will move on to other playlists/games this playlist will become just another MLG playlist but with different name (already is...)

Karl2177

Let me reply to you with a comparison to other popular gametypes:

In oddball you cant shoot back at anybody and you have to let go of the objective to shoot back, why you dont hate on oddball?

In Koth you are in the hill, tjete are some hills spots that are nades magnet,.like top mid in lookout or sniper plat in contruct from halo 3, why you dont hate the KoTH?

If you decide to play the objective a lot of the time you are going to die been the objective, thats why some team give rols to players, like the slayer type, and the objective type and those objective type never end up with a cute KD ratio.

I found to be the objective an interesting rol, because you have to be the most aware player on the team as you need to know when to pull objective, in some cases know what route to take with the objective at hand, other times when to be set on the objective, overall knowing how many of you teamates and your opponents are dead, even having a slight idea where is the enemy in the map.

If you for once give this gametype a chance you are going to like it, but i doubt thats going to happen for now, as i go to my next point:

Ranks for this playlist needs to come fast, the top players are all playing this, and for people like Karl, who have not enjoyed extraction, they wont be able to, when you get killed just by even getting close to the extraction spot. A lot of people will move on to other playlists/games this playlist will become just another MLG playlist but with different name (already is...)

Response in new thread.

Top Bottom