• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
You Must Be Kidding Me That You're Saying HLS, Is "Worse" Than Armor Lock. Please Say That Its All Just A Joke Post.

Now if you're serious than I'm Lost for words how someone believes this without extensive research and testing both Armor Abilities Strengths & Weaknesses.

i dunno about worse, but they are both in the same ball park of shit and frustrating.

CliQ

Ghazi

Hey guys I finished and submitted my FFA map for the contest today, was thinking about making it a 2v2 / 4v4 map as well.

Let me know what you think....

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postsm2335466_Halo-4-Forge-Contest---Map-Submissions-Thread.aspx#post2335466

Youtube flythrough as well - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOv-x2joOz8&feature=youtu.be

Also if you guys could help me i'm not sure where a good place to submit this would be so more people can get access to it.

Thanks

WTF is up with the related videos? There's Harlem Shake, Justin Bieber, and Chat Roulette

You Must Be Kidding Me That You're Saying HLS, Is "Worse" Than Armor Lock. Please Say That Its All Just A Joke Post.

image.php

Tunavi

Banned
its sad, but a new halo game = it simply means more gameplay features crammed into the halo sandbox. We've reached peak Halo.

Ghazi

whoa why are there so many playlists -_-

They're experimenting above their "optimal playlist number"

its sad, but a new halo game = it simply means more gameplay features crammed into the halo sandbox. We've reached peak Halo.

Here's the thing, 343 seems to be going the CoD route of just adding things and trying to make them work. CoD needs to keep modifying it's very assorted sandbox with release because there isn't that much depth to it's combat at all. With previous Halo's you had so many options and uses for each specific weapon in the sandbox, most of them felt like they had a purpose. Whereas now new weapons and AA's are only there to be there and they dilute the sandbox.

Madness

Now if you're serious than I'm Lost for words how someone believes this without extensive research and testing both Armor Abilities Strengths & Weaknesses.

You only say that because of the exclusive attention armor lock got in Reach. Most people only had sprint, jetpack or armor lock. But I'd say for an long time 70% of the people I played in reach used armor lock.

But how is it not worse? Because others would rather use camo and you see it less? It's a moving armor lock that can deflect shots. It's only negatives are that there is the backside exposed or you can throw a grenade. But seeing as how grenades are few in this game, and close quarters combat isn't a focal point of play, it's extremely annoying. Armor lock on Valhalla would mean they are a sitting duck, hard light shield on Valhalla means they block your shots and hide behind cover.

Immovable invincibility was bad, but mobile near invincibility is just as bad. Don't know how you don't see that. Go up against a team of HLS users on exile, see if your tune changes. For example, someone saw my spartan laser targeting, he threw up HLS to deflect shot and then ran into cover before I could even recharge the next shot.

Computer

Instead of wasting time and resources on adding novelty shit like AA's they should focus on the core of Halo and try their ass off to make the perfect Halo multiplayer. Halo 5 believe.

I finally did it! SR130!

So what's next?

You wait until April then try to get the shitty waypoint website to work and stare at your CSR and think to yourself *I wish people could see this*

Loginius

I stick with my point, hls is not half as bad as armorlock.
That all aa´s are kind of shit is a completely different matter, as halo is now I dont have much of a Problem with hls.

And thruster pack? That's one of the most inoffensive abilities the game has. It's that and Hologram in the "decent fit for Halo" category.
People do so underestimate thruster pack.
I can get to cover extremely quick
I can avoid a sniper bullet the moment I see the guy aiming at me (=the same time he has to pull the trigger) even when one shot and if he is going for a bodyshot
I controll my momentum and direction in mancannons, jumps or ledges in ways that are just as usefull as a jetpack.
I can completely throw my enemy of in cc.
I can get rid of stickys.

And im not sure about this but sometimes it feels like the netcode cant catch up or there are actual invincibility frames in the animation but you can survive some serious shit (rockets, headshots, sniper bullets) with it in online mp.

It uses are not as obvious and easy as jetpack, hls or came but it is very powerfull if used right and combined with sprint.

God, lets just get rid of all aa´s please and introduce something better in the next halo if there has to be "something".
I think aa´s are broken beyond repair and just dont fit halo.

But how is it not worse? Because others would rather use camo and you see it less? It's a moving armor lock that can deflect shots. It's only negatives are that there is the backside exposed or you can throw a grenade. But seeing as how grenades are few in this game, and close quarters combat isn't a focal point of play, it's extremely annoying. Armor lock on Valhalla would mean they are a sitting duck, hard light shield on Valhalla means they block your shots and hide behind cover.

Immovable invincibility was bad, but mobile near invincibility is just as bad. Don't know how you don't see that. Go up against a team of HLS users on exile, see if your tune changes. For example, someone saw my spartan laser targeting, he threw up HLS to deflect shot and then ran into cover before I could even recharge the next shot.
I would recommend to change your tactic when going against a team of hls users, it pains me to say this but: -use the granade perks- and try to have youre team flank them and hls isnt all that big of a deal anymore.

I stick with my point, hls is not half as bad as armorlock.
That all aa´s are kind of shit is a completely different matter, as halo is now I dont have much of a Problem with hls.

People do so underestimate thruster pack.
I can get to cover extremely quick
I can avoid a sniper bullet the moment I see the guy aiming at me (=the same time he has to pull the trigger) even when one shot and if he is going for a bodyshot
I controll my momentum and direction in mancannons, jumps or ledges in ways that are just as usefull as a jetpack.
I can completely throw my enemy of in cc.
I can get rid of stickys.

And im not sure about this but sometimes it feels like the netcode cant catch up or there are actual invincibility frames in the animation but you can survive some serious shit (rockets, headshots, sniper bullets) with it in online mp.

It uses are not as obvious and easy as jetpack, hls or came but it is very powerfull if used right and combined with sprint.

God, lets just get rid of all aa´s please and introduce something better in the next halo if there has to be "something".
I think aa´s are broken beyond repair and just dont fit halo.

HLS doesn't touch Armor Lock. I would go into a deep discussion about it but I feel most are thinking the same thing, so. If needed, I will.

Thruster is what Evade should have been. Even though I hate AA's, Thruster is the best out of an already bad situation and been using is since launch. Saved my ass many times.

You only say that because of the exclusive attention armor lock got in Reach. Most people only had sprint, jetpack or armor lock. But I'd say for an long time 70% of the people I played in reach used armor lock.

HLS Team Vs. Armor Lock Team (Excluding Sprint in the equation) = Armor Lock wins. Why? bcuz BK Scrubs.

HLS: (Almost) Temporarily Invulnerable shield held infront. Exposed Sides & Back.
Has depleting meter same as AL. Cool Lockdown before recharging meter. Unable to recharge shields while using it. Mobile when active. Able to break through EMP (PP charge, Pulse Nade)

AL: Complete Invulnerability. Immovable once active. Shields recharge while in use. EMP once released.

Even 343 said to trash the AL and redo something not OP AA within their past Sparkcast.

Instead of making a LTTP thread, I just played Halo 4 for the first time. Omg, this has to be one of the most gorgeous console games ever. This is my first Halo since 3, I've neglected the series.

I guess what I want to ask is if the death x's have a chance at coming back In halo 4, or if I should just stop bringing it up because its not gonna happen and hope you guys put it in the next one.

I know the red X thing is associated with the "hardcore" player but even for someone like me who plays with a lot of casuals its really terrible without it. For example if I got on a game with some mic'd people and started shouting call outs like (one shot on my X) people would get the drift and help the team. It is a lot easier than some call out to a part of the map and they are like, uh, where is that?

I know the red X thing is associated with the "hardcore" player but even for someone like me who plays with a lot of casuals its really terrible without it. For example if I got on a game with some mic'd people and started shouting call outs like (one shot on my X) people would get the drift and help the team. It is a lot easier than some call out to a part of the map and they are like, uh, where is that?

What? This is wrong. Go ask a casual cod player about the skull when a teammate dies.

Top Bottom