• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Nowise10

I can't play SpOps with my cousin (he's playing as a guest) wtf? is this by design?

I played Spartan Ops with my guest a few days ago? You need to be on LIVE at all times, my only thought on the issue

The remains of HaloCouncil need to stop being such whiny babies over an early map pack code. Jesus christ.

I'm on Cyren's side on this one.

But he left on his own behalf, and then tried to essentially hack the HaloCouncils Twitter and Facebook by changing the passwords, that to me is kind of being a complete jerk. and more.

Fuchsdh

The remains of HaloCouncil need to stop being such whiny babies over an early map pack code. Jesus christ.

I'm on Cyren's side on this one.

I get that there are bigger issues here than just what's said there, but yeah some of the grudges seem pretty absurd.

I'm sure there's plenty on the "other side" of this, but generally I side with the people who don't go whining about some bad blood.

I had an idea for a Jetpack replacement and how to solve the "non-visible AA" debate: add some wings.

pigesFW.png

Getting on now.

So U4ix tweeted out the story behind TheHaloCouncil Drama

http://pastebin.com/agWm8UtZ

Have no idea if new or cold

Is this something like what happened between Bungie/Microsoft/343 too? I can't even imagine what was going on behind the scenes...

It is what Jetpack should've been since the beginning.

And Wahrer solved the silhoutte issue very well, i think. Still need visible silhouttes for all the other AAs...

Some of the biggest concerns require the smallest of changes. RIP Camo Powerup. 343 teased us with it in Anniversary then removed it again with Halo 4?

Woorloog

Banned
I don't know why this isn't even in the game. Seems like a much better replacement for jetpack.

It is what Jetpack should've been since the beginning.

And Wahrer solved the silhoutte issue very well, i think. Still need visible silhouttes for all the other AAs...

aPK

Neo Member
A lot of what Frank said was twisted in his favor and/or was completely inaccurate, which I/we can all prove.

Korosenai

I'm currently playing against Booties and co.

Givin em the d.

Edit: and then I got lagged out :(

Who was going in hot? Halogaffer?

Omni

Mah plasma in my bedroom just died. Might go out and buy a new one today I think... Old one only went to 720p and with next gen around the corner, it may be beneficial to just get a full HD one.

Any particular brands better than others?

When we sat down to design Halo 4, we talked about what really defines a Halo game, but we should have spent a little bit of time talking about what doesn't define it, like spawning with a one-hit-kill weapon, for instance.

Korosenai

When we sat down to design Halo 4, we talked about what really defines a Halo game, but we should have spent a little bit of time talking about what doesn't define it, like spawning with a one-hit-kill weapon, for instance.

And then also letting that person spawn with Camo.

Ghazi

And allowing our players to, at their leisure, spawn in power weapons and trait bonuses at the click of a direction.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
its funny, hardlight shield is virtually the same in practice as the much maligned armor lock - but no one seems to cars because there is so much more broken in halo 4. also, thankfully, hardlight seems fairly rare to come across.

Tawpgun

its funny, hardlight shield is virtually the same in practice as the much maligned armor lock - but no one seems to cars because there is so much more broken in halo 4. also, thankfully, hardlight seems fairly rare to come across.

Its a different dynamic.

Instead of being completley invulnerable, but stationary...

You can move to cover while absorbing fire.

lol I remember when a discussion of "what defines a weapon being labeled as a power weapon" was going on and Ellies
leaving that typo
said "we define any weapon that can kill on one shot a power weapon."

Then everyone brought up the Boltshot. He never responded and..

Halo 4 shipped with the Boltshot as a loadout weapon.

:B

The only reason I don't use the HLS as much is because either my LB button is broken or the shit is glitched online. It's the only AA I have issues with using so idk if it's my button..

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Its a different dynamic.

Instead of being completley invulnerable, but stationary...

You can move to cover while absorbing fire.

i get that, but in practice, its just as - if not more - frustrating to go up against. oh, i'm kicking your ass one on one and you have a get out of jail card to save you? now you can actually move on top of it to get to cover too? AND your teammates respawn instantly so i will never have your team down a man or several and i'll be likely finished off waiting for your ability to run out? i know, i'll throw a grenade... oh, i didnt pay rock paper scissors correctly to pick the perk that actually allowed me to pick up nades from fallen spartans - i'm sol.

Havok

What exactly did the boltshot fix do? I havent had a chance to try it out yet, is it still op?
It reduced the effective kill range for a OHKO by by 5-10 feet. I don't think it really fixed the fundamental problem with that weapon, I've still been able to take people out really easily. There's maybe a little less of "oh, baloney, he was nowhere near me," but that was only a small portion of my annoyance with the boltshot in the first place.

Tawpgun

i get that, but in practice, its just as - if not more - frustrating to go up against. oh, i'm kicking your ass one on one and you have a get out of jail card to save you? now you can actually move on top of it to get to cover too? AND your teammates respawn instantly so i will never have your team down a man or several and i'll be likely finished off waiting for your ability to run out? i know, i'll throw a grenade... oh, i didnt pay rock paper scissors correctly to pick the perk that actually allowed me to pick up nades from fallen spartans - i'm sol.

Oh I know. I don't like it at all too. Im just saying its not any better than armor lock, its just different.

Though I will say, using it in Extraction in Team Throwdown to defend a teammate arming/convering a point is kinda cool.

Oh I know. I don't like it at all too. Im just saying its not any better than armor lock, its just different.

Though I will say, using it in Extraction in Team Throwdown to defend a teammate arming/convering a point is kinda cool.

That made me think of my problem with Halo games after Combat Evolved..

The heavy reliance on your teammates.

Halo 2 was fun online regardless because it was a fresh experience, but Halo 3+ was such a chore to play alone. It's been a while since I've posted this but
Combat Evolved 2
needs to happen.

Top Bottom