• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

IHaveIce

Banned
What's everyone going to do if Destiny comes out on this gen and next gen?
quadruple dip.

No it depends if I can port my character over from the 360 to the nextbox.

But probably it will be the PS4 if the bad rumours about the Nextbox are correct.

Why would you even consider buying the 360/PS3 version if the 720/PS4 version is out? :p

Depends on the differences between the versions. If most of my friends are playing on 360, then that's where I'll likely play, unless they have cross-gen gameplay with the 720, in which case I'd buy a 720 just for Destiny. If not, I'll wait on next gen unless there's some absolutely must-have feature or title on 720 or PS4 at launch (which I'm doubting, console launches rarely have games that are THAT good, looking back) - my PC can handle the eye candy stuff just fine for cross platform. Oh, and there's a 3rd scenario I just thought of: PC gets Destiny, too. I would double dip, but if it were to have cross platform playing... Oh man. There's only so much win that a single thing can have (now I'm really being brave).

Madness

It's always a possibility, but it kinda makes sense that Bungie would be at the event since they're all multiplatform now. It would surprise the hell out of me though, only a few days after the reveal? Madness .

:)

But I doubt it's to do with it being multi platform as opposed to ps4 being announced as also going to have Destiny. It'll come to xbox infinity as well, but just imagine if Marty and Bungie give some next-gen gameplay images or video along with the ps4 reveal.

This is precisely why I'm leaning ps4 next year. Sony is lined up much better with exclusives and most studios will be multi platform next generation as well.

What a loss for PC though. Most games are online drm for pc, so destiny wouldn't have mattered. But with a PC, you could have more raw power giving life to this 'last city', much better graphics etc. It'd probably be optimized even better for pc than it would be for the next-gen dev kits.

Edit: CJ, but what if people don't want to shell out the most likely $399 prices for next gen consoles yet? I mean what if destiny is like twilight princess was? A last-gen game that works on next-gen hardware. Sure you could have more power, graphical capability, but you'd have the xbox live population as launch. How many theoretically do you think will have the next generation consoles? Think about it.

ElRenoRaven

Um yea it's confirmed for both already. Well as confirmed as a next gen version can be in court documents lol. Anyway I'll get my PS3 version anyway. Then depending on what happens with the next gen consoles I'll double dip and pick it up again on one of those if I get one. It's really no big deal to me. Hell I've bought Halo 1 on Xbox, PC, Xbox 360 marketplace, and even the anniversary version. Then I bought Halo 2 on Xbox and PC. I have Oni for both PC and PS2. So yea. I tend to buy multiple copies of Bungie games.

IHaveIce

Banned
Is anyone here actually going to buy the PS4?
If the rumorlurs are true then yes I will.

Sony did a good job on the PS3 with exclusive games in the end, its launch was terrible yeah but it improved big time.

It will depend on the reveals and games.

Are we getting a TU on Monday with the new maps? Have they detailed what will be in it?

Sorry, can't get to Waypoint from work internet :|

Conor 419

Banned

It's looking incredibly likely, with Halo being essentially dead and its publishers, developers and 'fanbase' all fighting so passionately against implementing the features that will aid its recovery, it's looking very likely that I'll be looking to Destiny to fill the gap. The issue is, Destiny will be on the PS4, a system which if PSN is anything to go by, will provide an online service with full feature parity to XBL, but for 0% of the price.

With Rare dead and Crackdown 3 ruled out just a few days ago, Forza is Microsoft's last AAA IP left standing, simply not enough of an attraction for a largely expensive system. I'll wait and see till E3.

TheOddOne

That means you will leave this thread forever? YES, PRAISE THE PLAYSTATION. It's already my favorite console because of that.

kylej

Banned
When is the last time your PS3 was even on? My room mate has one, hasn't been turned on since we moved in here.

A year, maybe. I've turned it on probably 10 times in total and I bought it at launch so that was a very good investment on my part.

m23

Are we getting a TU on Monday with the new maps? Have they detailed what will be in it?

Sorry, can't get to Waypoint from work internet :|

Good question. I do hope we see the TU next week considering it is late February. We'll probably get the details in tonights bulletin.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
It's looking incredibly likely, with Halo being essentially dead and its publishers, developers and 'fanbase' all fighting so passionately against implementing the features that will aid its recovery, it's looking very likely that I'll be looking to Destiny to fill the gap. The issue is, Destiny will be on the PS4, a system which if PSN is anything to go by, will provide an online service with full feature parity to XBL, but for 0% of the price.

With Rare dead and Crackdown 3 ruled out just a few days ago, Forza is Microsoft's last AAA IP left standing, simply not enough of an attraction for a largely expensive system. I'll wait and see till E3.

Destiny and the PS4 won't have server browsers either.

The needler for me: urinating through an erect penis with the foreskin pulled up

The needler for my opponent: a highly precise hose filled with acidic spartan killer.

The needler should not be be in a competitive playlist.

Nebula

The issue is, Destiny will be on the PS4, a system which if PSN is anything to go by, will provide an online service with full feature parity to XBL, but for 0% of the price.

I forgot PSN is free. If it still is, and no tempting exclusives/price drop of Gold occurs, I'm definitely jumping ship.

Tawpgun

Why would you even consider buying the 360/PS3 version if the 720/PS4 version is out? :p

Because I'm not sure if I'll be able to afford a next gen console when it launches?

I plan on stepping into next gen eventually, but I mean, I didn't get the 360 until Christmas 2006.

The needler for me: urinating through an erect penis with the foreskin pulled up

The needler for my opponent: a highly precise hose filled with acidic spartan killer.

3/10. I was expecting the opponent's Needler analogy to be a superior dick or something.

Nebula

I'm too scared of the controller. I couldn't imagine playing an FPS with the Dualshock, so hopefully they improve that.

Yeah they really need to drop the design. It's a controller made for children, and it hurts my hands to use it for an extended period of time. I know there are 3rd party controllers that are basically Xbox ones but I had one and it stopped working properly within a week and I only used it to play Killzone 3's campaign.

Get both consoles. Play games. Profit.

Or save all that moolah and buy a kickass gaming PC.

I wonder if the five years they've taken to develop the game are included in their 10 year contract with activision.
Pretty sure the contract is based on releasing the 4 games and 4 expansions, not an actual set amount of time.
What time DO you guys play?
I don't, so ask Heckfu.

They did get to play the other night, and I was not sober. I got pooped on.
BR sucks
A bit off-topic but Polygon have spotted Marty O'Donnell leaving the venue yesterday in New York. A Destiny presentation is a real possibility now.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/2/20/40...halo-and-beyond-developers-amassing-in-nyc-in
Hmm, very interesting. Although I'm sure a lot of developers are invited just to see it.
The release dates of BF4 or Destiny on the next Xbox are when I'll purchase the next Xbox, so definitely next gen.

Why shouldn't it be in the competitive play list?

Nebula

I've had to many problems with PC's. I'll stick to consoles.

They can be somewhat problematic, which is why consoles are so popular. They tend to be cheaper and have that nice 'insert disc, play game' aspect. I think I would have been on a PC long ago if Halo 3 had been released on it.

Booties

Banned
A year, maybe. I've turned it on probably 10 times in total and I bought it at launch so that was a very good investment on my part.

Glad this is on the xbox. I think I'll wait for the price to drop.

82oFnU3.gif

ChipCheezum via Somethingawful.com said:
The story will also cover Raiden's past as a child soldier and his "Jack the Ripper" persona. It looks ridiculous as all hell and Raiden talks like Batman sometimes. Characters from previous Metal Gear games may make an appearance. Solid Snake will make an appearance (in Japan, for now) as a DLC sword. The sword is imbued with his spirit and it also talks like Snake. I'm not joking.

SOLD

Because I'm not sure if I'll be able to afford a next gen console when it launches?

I plan on stepping into next gen eventually, but I mean, I didn't get the 360 until Christmas 2006.

I got it a year after that. I'm surprised how long this generation has lasted. I got the 250GB Slim two and a half years ago. I would like to wait a while until I buy a 720, but it's gonna be hard.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I really want it, but I'm not sure. The majority of my friends game solely on 360, and the social aspect alone tethers me to Xbox (lord knows the exclusives don't).

However, the combination of price, whether it launches before Durango, and the launch window games can sway me.

Franklinator and I got ours in December of 2007. Not having a 360 while all my friends were playing Halo 3 was horrible. Not getting Xbox Live until late 2011 was even worse.

They can be somewhat problematic, which is why consoles are so popular. They tend to be cheaper and have that nice 'insert disc, play game' aspect. I think I would have been on a PC long ago if Halo 3 had been released on it.

This is the main thing that is overlooked on why consoles are popular. PC's may be cheaper in the long run, but most would rather pay extra to have a non-problematic experience, even if graphics are sacrificed.

Why shouldn't it be in the competitive play list?

Feels a little cheap to die by and I find it an incredibly inconsistant weapon. You don't really 'aim' it as such. Am I right in thinking it's a weapon that's more susceptible to latency than other weapons?

Maybe I need a bit of needler coaching. I'm shocked when about 3 needles strip my shields completely top mid from blue ramp on Haven.

J10

Banned
I'm too scared of the controller. I couldn't imagine playing an FPS with the Dualshock, so hopefully they improve that.

In the future all Xbox shooters will be on rails and you merely make pew pew motions with your hands in front of your Kinect while the game plays itself.

You'll get used to the DualShock real fast.

This is the main thing that is overlooked on why consoles are popular. PC's may be cheaper in the long run, but most would rather pay extra to have a non-problematic experience, even if graphics are sacrificed.
PCs are not cheaper in the long run. While prices do tend to be exaggerated, you still need to upgrade your PC every few years to keep it up to date with the latest and greatest games, and those upgrades aren't cheap either.

The only thing that makes PC attractive price wise are the steam sales.

Top Bottom