• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Fuchsdh

Lol. Waypoint forums are soooo bad. Not just in design, but the community too. Even the saltiest of people here are relatively tame compared to what is posted over there (at least people here largely explain what they mean and actively discuss it all without resorting to petty insults and remarks... Most of the time)
Official community forums always kind of suck... I'd say Waypoint is still a little better than Bungie was. On occasion I pop my head in there but usually in frustrated. I dunno how nice people can survive over there.

Pop

Woo! Xs are coming back! I'm so happy. 343 are starting to really fix up Halo 4.

Beta should be complete later in November. Just in time for Nextgen.

-------------

Adding features back into Halo slooooooowly, talk about being completely wrong and trying to cover it up. Good job 343i.

Omni

Official community forums always kind of suck... I'd say Waypoint is still a little better than Bungie was. On occasion I pop my head in there but usually in frustrated. I dunno how nice people can survive over there.
Yeah, fair point. Not sure if anyone here ever posted there, but the old official Halo Wars forum were pretty awesome before they (343i) shut it down. Of course it had its fair share of bad posters, but overall a great community that was ultimately lost within the chaos that is Waypoint.

I actually think bungie was better than Waypoint now, if only because there is an off topic forum. There's just no place to get away from the mess on Waypoint, and for some reason they're adamant about not making one (aside from a single spam thread)

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Yesterday I jumped on Action Sack with a friend and told him about that. We got excited and then after a bit of silence I said, "How pathetic is it that we're pumped over the Xs coming back?"
Well, along with the speculated Forge update, it shows that 343 are actually starting to change thing for the better. They've made many mistakes, but I think they're learning from them.

TheOddOne

While it is nice that the X’s are coming back, and much appreciated, it really should have been a small thing in addition to other fixes to the game. Just a small mention across tons of additions. It feels paltry to some extent, it should have been there day one and should not have been the vocal point of the bulletin.

Nebula

We're all happy, but some people are saying we should be aware that throughout Halo 4 we've been praising features that should have been in the launch game.

While this is very true, we have to look at the positives now. 343 have seen that it was a mistake to remove a feature which fans liked and are resolving the issue. I'm hoping this is a sign of things to come.

Yesterday I jumped on Action Sack with a friend and told him about that. We got excited and then after a bit of silence I said, "How pathetic is it that we're pumped over the Xs coming back?"

It's nice to be happy about a change coming to Halo 4 though, right?

Omni

If they removed infinity ctf/ slayer and maybe added a BTB objective playlist (like it's supposed to be) - as well as the tweaks they're talking about now - I'd seriously consider buying the game again.

As it is now though, I can't stand infinity anything and as long as its a primary focus of matchmaking I'm done

Nebula

If they removed infinity ctf/ slayer and maybe added a BTB objective playlist (like it's supposed to be) - as well as the tweaks they're talking about now - I'd seriously consider buying the game again.

As it is now though, I can't stand infinity anything and as long as its a primary focus of matchmaking I'm done

I'm sure the Bulletin mentioned large party objective being looked into.

Karl2177

While it is nice that the X’s are coming back, and much appreciated, it really should have been a small thing in addition to other fixes to the game. Just a small mention across tons of additions. It feels paltry to some extent, it should have been there day one and should not have been the vocal point of the bulletin.
"We've messed up pretty bad and the fans know it, so we're gonna milk something as small as a basic UI function as much as we can." That's the vibes I'm getting from making the X announcement the focal point of the bulletin.

Completely random, but I'd love if Halo 5 took a cue from Smash Bros. (just shut up and listen for a second) and had sliders for all the music. Maybe even hidden/bonus tracks unlocked by hearing them in campaign, Spartan ops, etc. Or just plain leveling up. To clarify, in Brawl you can actually go into options and see "Music" and it lists options for:

-The Menus
-Each Individual Level

And all of the potential tracks it might play, which have default percentages. You could just have the music be random for Halo as well and even control volume (so people who want the endgame tension music to be off can turn it off have the option to), etc.

As long as it's toggleable I wouldn't mind some "epic ambient" music for multiplayer, too - something like this, maybe.

Pop

"We've messed up pretty bad and the fans know it, so we're gonna milk something as small as a basic UI function as much as we can." That's the vibes I'm getting from making the X announcement the focal point of the bulletin.

Pretty much with everything else they say. We never got a release date for them X's. Might be one of them little myths like the skill ranks. We all believe it's there but we're not sure if we will ever get to see them.

Announcement: Battlefield 3 CTF is so good.

I have heard from some other members of Halogaf that it is very good.

Excellent. I will have to wait till it launches for none premium members.

Do the maps remind you Bad company 2 maps when you're playing them? Because they look similiar to them.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

Was it a focal point? I had to dig for it, and it was a one-off sentence buried in Bravo's section. Not that it matters, I get your point.

@J10, come on, you were pretty salty yesterday and you were a straight out dick to Ellis. I'd be surprised if he and Frank stop by for a while.

at the end of the bulletin,

And with that, another Halo Bulletin comes to a close. I will see you next week, when we’ll be digging into the specifics of the upcoming title and Matchmaking playlist update. Until then…

Looks like we'll be getting TU info next week before the pax panel.

Pop

Excited for the return of the red X.

Really looking forward to the PAX panel; I wonder if the booth will have the TU.

One can hope...

I don't think they said X's would be red, I might be wrong though. 343i will find a way to screw up something as easy as an X above your dead body.

Tawpgun

I have heard from some other members of Halogaf that it is very good.

Excellent. I will have to wait till it launches for none premium members.

Do the maps remind you Bad company 2 maps when you're playing them? Because they look similiar to them.

Uhh, kinda, just in terms of their size. It's like the size of standard BF3 maps but they have all the vehicles without being Caspian huge.

BF3 CTF is just really intense. The dirt bikes are amazing.

tawpgun this is not catching on.

we should outsource our avatars
I still like it. But I'll look into outsourcing to m0dus.

I don't think they said X's would be red, I might be wrong though. 343i will find a way to screw up something as easy as an X above your dead body.

I'm pretty sure they'll use the red Xs from the Stalker specialization. Because nobody uses that spec, amirite?

Thank you

I do my best work on my laptop trackpad while barely awake.

There is no pleasing the Kyle.
FrGSk.jpg

I actually agree with kyle's sentiments on this subject, I just wanted to use this picture again :)

Love "the old man" (and BSG in general). When he followed me on twitter, I was like "SO SAY WE ALL!" ...yup...

Oh, and it bugs me how bad NeoGAF runs on my phone.

Really? What shit phone do you use? This is one of the best running mobile sites out there (in my experience).

Tawpgun

I wonder if they're fixing the firing/taking damage indicators to make them more pronounced. Doubt it.

If the pax show floor has the TU omg pls. Hopefully we'll get BTB objective ideally with fixed set load outs.

But probably not

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
X's are back.

Why am I not seeing tears of joy?

Because there is no one playing now, beside the fact that when it finally gets added I doubt a lot of people will come back.

Classic Flag settings Feb 2014.
Beta should be complete later in November. Just in time for Nextgen.

-------------

Adding features back into Halo slooooooowly, talk about being completely wrong and trying to cover it up. Good job 343i.

Way to steal my exact joke like 5 replies later. You owe me 25 cents for royalties.

how is that a problem? if you say a mean thing to a developer or industry figure who posts on these forums then you are banned

If you say a mean thing to anyone you are banned.

Live activity for last week:

1. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  2. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
  3. EA Sports FIFA Soccer 13
  4. Halo 4
  5. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
  6. NBA 2K13
  7. Call of Duty: Black Ops
  8. Battlefield 3
  9. Skyrim
  10. GTA IV
  11. Modern Warfare 2
  12. Gears of War 3
  13. Tomb Raider
  14. Assassin’s Creed III
  15. Madden NFL 13
  16. Borderlands 2
  17. EA SPORTS NHL 13
  18. Halo: Reach
  19. Far Cry 3
  20. Forza Motorsport 4

Fuchsdh

Live activity for last week:
I'd be interested in knowing how Xbox demographics have changed over the years. FIFA being so high can't just be US guys, it must be majorly popular overseas. How many consoles has MS sold outside the US? Do we have that kind of breakdown?

Top Bottom