• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

This is a picture they posted on Valentines day. It was a Forge related pun, on a map we haven't seen.

valentines_04-22_zps44e84b32.jpg

Confirmed not Spartan Ops map by David Ellis.

42HmWZB.png

Doesnt look like Ravine, just go play on the map and compare the two.

in last Nights Bulletin, BS angle said

IH6UlPQ.png

Anvils, as in Forge (The main icon for Forge is an Anvil)

And today, Vic Deleon (343i employee, creates the environments you play on in the game, great guy btw) tweeted BS angle this picture

NJWWQpM.png

So yes, Forgeworld 2 bro.
MotherofGodMeme.jpg

Thnx for this Nowise10! Can't wait for Pax

This is a picture they posted on Valentines day. It was a Forge related pun, on a map we haven't seen.

Confirmed not Spartan Ops map by David Ellis.

42HmWZB.png

Doesnt look like Ravine, just go play on the map and compare the two.

in last Nights Bulletin, BS angle said

IH6UlPQ.png

Anvils, as in Forge (The main icon for Forge is an Anvil)

And today, Vic Deleon (343i employee, creates the environments you play on in the game, great guy btw) tweeted BS angle this picture

NJWWQpM.png

So yes, Forgeworld 2 bro.
Forgeworld 2! Less Open, worse than the original, and best of all, you have to pay for it! Can't wait to not play those maps because I didn't buy the terrible DLC!

Madness

I don't quite understand. Where are people getting that it's a new 'Forge World 2.0'?

For all we know, it's probably a new playlist that has forge remakes of some classic maps. I mean would this new forge world be a download or what? Besides the forge community or the community cartographers, are there people actually wanting a new forge world?

I mean I'd rather they focus on giving us some new maps and perhaps fix up the playlists a little, try and get more classic settings in the playlists.

darthbob

I don't quite understand. Where are people getting that it's a new 'Forge World 2.0'?

For all we know, it's probably a new playlist that has forge remakes of some classic maps. I mean would this new forge world be a download or what? Besides the forge community or the community cartographers, are there people actually wanting a new forge world?

I mean I'd rather they focus on giving us some new maps and perhaps fix up the playlists a little, try and get more classic settings in the playlists.

Seriously this.

Y'all are hypin' yourselves up for disappointment. Stop it.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

Well, the picture isn't of an existing Forge map (as far as I know).

Why would a new playlist make it's way to being revealed at the PAX panel?

To acquire at launch or not to and wait for reviews before purchasing??

I've been watching all the Interviews, Gameplay/Dev Commentaries, Trailers and this game Still looks Really Good. Hopefully they'll deliver like this video did for the fans.
Wait for the reviews if you'd like, but every member of the gaming press has SLRPed the shit out of their preview sessions with the game. Anything but excellent reviews would be a top-tier shocker.
Announcement: Battlefield 3 CTF is so good.
Can't wait to play it.
BF4 reveal tomorrow, prepare your boners
Prepared, although I doubt we'll see multiplayer unfortunately.
I loved Safety Not Guaranteed.
These forge maps are LITERALLY 10x better than everything we got in Reach. All we need is Sanctuary proper to get added and maybe a Warlock/Wizard remake.
10 times better than something that's a 0 is still 0.

Off topic post for the ages

Omni

Went to buy a new Xbox controller today, and was shocked to find that they're still $70. Didn't have the extra cash so had to miss out. Guess BF3 endgame has to wait :O

Plus is the engine used in Halo 4 even capable of rendering something as big and detailed like Forgeworld anymore? The LoD is already pretty damn extreme at the best of times and the console still struggles with the frame rate. Water is generally a low res .jpg (Valhalla aside, where it's as far as I can tell a 2D version of Halo 3's) and foliage is next to nonexistent on most maps as is.

Can't/don't want to imagine the cutbacks required to make something as big as Forgeworld run smoothly

So the metro has a article on competitive gaming - and it's all about CoD, pretty sad to see CoD overtake halo in the casual and competitive arenas.

So the metro has a article on competitive gaming - and it's all about CoD, pretty sad to see CoD overtake halo in the casual and competitive arenas.

Halo stopped evolving after 3 and CoD capitalized, game after game.

CoD hasn't evolved much either - I suppose theatre mode has helped its cause though.

If anything halo 'evolved' in the wrong direction and lost what made it interesting - whilst CoD stuck to the same formulae game after game.

I'm saying as a package. CoD kept adding and moving the franchise forward while Halo unfortunately did not ;'[

I hope next gen we see a new shooter with the arena gameplay of old halo and popularity of CoD - I doubt destiny will be a competitive game so I am not holding much hope but who knows.

Unreal Championship when XBL was still a baby was so fun. I agree, hopefully we'll see some sort of new arena shooter.

Halo stopped evolving after 3 and CoD capitalized, game after game.

CoD hasn't evolved much either - I suppose theatre mode has helped its cause though.

If anything halo 'evolved' in the wrong direction and lost what made it interesting - whilst CoD stuck to the same formulae game after game.

I hope next gen we see a new shooter with the arena gameplay of old halo and popularity of CoD - I doubt destiny will be a competitive game so I am not holding much hope but who knows.

willow ve

Off topic, but Jurassic Park 4 has a director.

--

The Castle Map Pack looks fun, but I'm a little wary atm.

Reminds me of that atrocious leaked JP4 script where human/dinosaur hybrids were running around like Bebop and Rocksteady.

--

In other news I'll probably buy the DLC on launch week. I'll do it for the achievements only. I'm a sucker for 100% on games and (besides Halo Wars) this will complete every game for me. With the direction the franchise has been heading I honestly don't think I'll be purchasing Halo 5 so it would be nice to go out with all the achievements (and my brother-in-law has been asking if he can borrow my copy of 4 for awhile).

Pop

But CoD added skill ranks while keeping the same formula of gameplay year after year. That takes care of the competitive crowd and casuals.

FyreWulff

exIFzsSl.jpg

Great - World
Anvil - Forge

I'd be perfectly fine if it was a port of Forge World. As long as they have Forge in Halo games they should just keep porting it forward. None of the other Forge maps can match it's utility

Fuchsdh

exIFzsSl.jpg

Great - World
Anvil - Forge

I'd be perfectly fine if it was a port of Forge World. As long as they have Forge in Halo games they should just keep porting it forward. None of the other Forge maps can match it's utility

I really hope they give it a non-human aesthetic for variety, then.

Tawpgun

Covalent forge world might be cool but RIP forgers who have to deal with curved pieces.

They should make a forerunner forge aesthetic and have a covenant ship in the sky that has midship inside of it.

FyreWulff

Covalent forge world might be cool but RIP forgers who have to deal with curved pieces.

They should make a forerunner forge aesthetic and have a covenant ship in the sky that has midship inside of it.

Midship in the middle, Zealot attached to it on one side through the carbine door, Assembly through the other.

Nobody cares about Gemini

IHaveIce

Banned

I will probably be called a heretic but I think the v3 version of Simplex is already a spiritual successor to midship.

But yeah a new forgeworld should bring us pieces which don't look all the same. Covenant forgeworld or forge area go!

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So people hated Forge World maps, and now people want Forge World (and its maps) back? I was hoping I'd never have to see maps on that world again. Make a new "Forge World" with a different palette.

Fotos

kylej

Banned
hmmm a little concerned that they're trying to market an expansion as the 4th entry. Should've waited til next gen for that I think. I don't want to feel franchise fatigue with SR.

kylej

Banned
also I gotta agree with the GB guys, they should've kept the working title "The Next Great Chapter In The Saints Row Franchise". wouldve been amazing

Top Bottom