• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Please, no Forge World port. If they're going to do a 'world', make (FLAT) sections of different locales (desert, snow, forest, etc. set it on a malfunctioning Halo ring to explain away the difference if you have to), not some bullshit rolling terrain that's 90% useless to forge anything symmetrical on.

Nowise10

You know when you posted that I was excited but after I watched it I was kind of disappointed. Looks the same as last one. Saints Row 2 was by far the best of the series IMO. The gameplay and activities made it fun to play. SR3 seemed like they were trying too hard to make it fun and now it seems like they are doing the exact same thing for the 4th one.

What? I remember one day I just decided to go pick up Saints Row 3 a few weeks after it came out, and my god was it a good game. It had some really bad glitches in it, but other then that it was just all around amazingly fun.

Karl2177

http://i.imgur.com/exIFzsSl.jpg[IMG]

Great - World
Anvil - Forge

[spoiler]I'd be perfectly fine if it was a port of Forge World. As long as they have Forge in Halo games they should just keep porting it forward. None of the other Forge maps can match it's utility[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

Forge World would have a grand total of 1 frame per second if it were in Halo 4 with Halo 4's graphical fidelity. And as far as Forging on it went, you were either building in the Coliseum or making a floor out of ColiWalls to get a flat terrain. One had fuck awful lighting and the other one was janky and bland. The other areas were really limited in what you could actually do on them.

Oh I see you're building on the island, would you like to block half of it off with ColiWalls or make Paradiso? Oh I see you're building in the Gulch, would you like to block half of it off with ColiWalls or make Blood Gulch? Oh I see you're building on asylum, would you like your framerate to drop when you scope or just build this shit in the Coliseum? Oh I see you're building on the rock, would you like to make nothing sensible or give up hope now? Oh I see you're building a race track, would you like some help with that?

FyreWulff

Forge World would have a grand total of 1 frame per second if it were in Halo 4 with Halo 4's graphical fidelity. And as far as Forging on it went, you were either building in the Coliseum or making a floor out of ColiWalls to get a flat terrain. One had fuck awful lighting and the other one was janky and bland. The other areas were really limited in what you could actually do on them.

Oh I see you're building on the island, would you like to block half of it off with ColiWalls or make Paradiso? Oh I see you're building in the Gulch, would you like to block half of it off with ColiWalls or make Blood Gulch? Oh I see you're building on asylum, would you like your framerate to drop when you scope or just build this shit in the Coliseum? Oh I see you're building on the rock, would you like to make nothing sensible or give up hope now? Oh I see you're building a race track, would you like some help with that?

They could make the island symmetrical. Or just get rid of it and replace it with a large flat land platform.

Fotos

What? I remember one day I just decided to go pick up Saints Row 3 a few weeks after it came out, and my god was it a good game. It had some really bad glitches in it, but other then that it was just all around amazingly fun.

Have you played Saint Row 2? I think that is way more fun. SR4 would be the best if it had 4 player co-op.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
hmmm a little concerned that they're trying to market an expansion as the 4th entry. Should've waited til next gen for that I think. I don't want to feel franchise fatigue with SR.

I see that, but they rolled the expansion into SRIV. This isn't an ODST scenario, they've spent a lot of time crafting SRIV into a full game. They just happened to use some of the content from the cancelled expansion.

The game was left in an odd spot, I know they must have a next-gen SR in progress but IV was going to be completed in a time where they had to put it out on current gen, which is why I assume they kept the same theme too.

Hopefully I'll be back helping on IV like I did for The Third, community-wise anyways.

m23

Same. I wasn't expecting much from the game, didn't pay it any attention. Then a friend gifted it to me and I was pleasantly surprised, game was a lot of fun. Had some really epic moments that I still remember.

Stuck at work so can't watch the trailer :(

Madness

I also wish they'd have just canned the expansion/new game and focused on next gen.

I Loved saints row 3, spent well over 40+ hours in the game, but I will say I played it to the point of boredom. I actually started to wish the game wasn't as silly and that the story was a little better.

See, by waiting, they could also see the reaction to gta v and what gamers think. But that's beyond the point, I'll probably still pick this up on release.

Overdoziz

Banned
Yup. You should live in there for a while before you make your purchase.
My laptop stopped working out of nowhere a couple of days ago and I really need a PC for school so I'm buying a new one pretty soon. My brother's helping me out, though. He's a bit more knowledgeable about PCs so it should go fine.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
My laptop stopped working out of nowhere a couple of days ago and I really need a PC for school so I'm buying a new one pretty soon. My brother's helping me out, though. He's a bit more knowledgeable about PCs so it should go fine.

If you just need a little beater to type essays and do research than you should have more than enough money. Low end PC's for really basic stuff are cheap as fuck these days.

Overdoziz

Banned
If you just need a little beater to type essays and do research than you should have more than enough money. Low end PC's for really basic stuff are cheap as fuck these days.
Well, I also want a PC that can run new games decently. Been meaning to get a proper PC anyway.

FyreWulff

Forge map pack. That sounds absurd and kind of cheap. Yep, going to happen.

I'm hoping against hope that they're using the usual "one free content item" on this.

It's really only sensible to release a forge map for free. Otherwise it's adoption rate will be notably impacted and you might as well keep making maps on Impact and Ravine.

One of the notable benefits of Forge World being on-disc in Reach is that literally 100% of the userbase could use the most flexible Forge map in the game. Well, until the Anniversary disc release anyway.

TheOddOne

I'm hoping against hope that they're using the usual "one free content item" on this.

It's really only sensible to release a forge map for free. Otherwise it's adoption rate will be notably impacted and you might as well keep making maps on Impact and Ravine.

One of the notable benefits of Forge World being on-disc in Reach is that literally 100% of the userbase could use the most flexible Forge map in the game. Well, until the Anniversary disc release anyway.
It does make a lot of sense, but Microsoft. Yeah. Yeah.

Havok

I heard Alienware makes great out-of-the-box PCs at great prices.
Any of those pre-built vendors are going to overcharge you. Great prices aren't something that Alienware has traditionally done, unless you really want a snazzy case and are willing to pay a serious premium for it. I had an Alienware machine for five years or so, and it was fine, but it also came at a pretty high surcharge. Building a machine yourself isn't difficult, especially if you've got some help like you mentioned with your brother. Since you're a student, you can probably get a good price on a copy of Windows through your university.

Places like iBuyPower or CyberPowerPC are pretty reputable and popular, but I don't think I'd ever recommend them over doing it yourself just because of what they'd charge you.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Any of those pre-built vendors are going to overcharge you. Great prices aren't something that Alienware has traditionally done, unless you really want a snazzy case and are willing to pay a serious premium for it. I had an Alienware machine for five years or so, and it was fine, but it also came at a pretty high surcharge. Building a machine yourself isn't difficult, especially if you've got some help like you mentioned with your brother.

Even paying someone to assemble it is cheaper than buying a pre-built computer.

Tashi

Any of those pre-built vendors are going to overcharge you. Great prices aren't something that Alienware has traditionally done, unless you really want a snazzy case and are willing to pay a serious premium for it. I had an Alienware machine for five years or so, and it was fine, but it also came at a pretty high surcharge. Building a machine yourself isn't difficult, especially if you've got some help like you mentioned with your brother. Since you're a student, you can probably get a good price on a copy of Windows through your university.

Places like iBuyPower or CyberPowerPC are pretty reputable and popular, but I don't think I'd ever recommend them over doing it yourself just because of what they'd charge you.

Oh good call. You can seriously get one for like 30$

Fracas

#fuckonami
From the SRIV thread

1363360277-key-art.jpg

According to the official Facebook page for the title, the head of the Saints has been elected President of the United States, leading the charge against an alien force in a struggle to save humanity. Players will "wield gargantuan superpowers" and have an "arsenal of alien weaponry and technology" at their disposal, as well as superpower abilities to leap buildings, outrun enemies and use telekinesis.

The page also refers to the developer as "Deep Silver Volition."

Deep Silver and Volition will be discussing Saints Row 4 in a presentation next week at PAX East in Boston, Mass..
In the next open-world installment of Saints Row, Deep Silver Volition continues the story of the Third Street Saints by elevating their status to the highest level – the leaders of the free world. In Saints Row IV, the head honcho of the Saints has been elected to the Presidency of the United States. But the Saints are just getting started. Now the larger-than-life insanity of the Saints series gets a new twist with a catastrophic alien invasion, and the aliens have transported the Saints to a bizarro-Steelport simulation. Wield gargantuan superpowers and fight to free humanity from alien granddaddy Zinyak's mental grasp. Escape the simulation that's trapped the Saints crew, or die trying.

All of my fucking money

kylej

Banned
i cant read saints row threads because I know they'll be filled with ico/sotc avatars or people discussing braid who cry about the downfall of gamerlization or whatever. SR is the best videogame. total escape from reality. gg volition

Oh good call. You can seriously get one for like 30$

Just make sure you don't get fooled into buying a 4-year version. I just bought Windows 2011 for Mac and it was less than $20 more for an unrestricted version. I don't know why they even told me to buy the 4-year university edition tbqh.

wwm0nkey

lolno

That shit's insane. First people think it's Cliff Bleszinski, now the prevailing opinion is that's he's CG rendered by the Fox engine.

Kojima is a master.

This is why I love Kojima, he is making the reveal for this game interesting. Can't wait for the Metal Gear Solid V trailer at GDC :)

Tashi

That interview is so obviously scripted and bull shit. Only skimmed through it but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Fox Engine

FyreWulff

Want to know why Microsoft doesn't say anything about the next Xbox?

If you play around and stay quiet like Konami is doing, then they just start doing your marketing for you.

IHaveIce

Banned
Want to know why Microsoft doesn't say anything about the next Xbox?

If you play around and stay quiet like Konami is doing, then they just start doing your marketing for you.
Don't know if microsofts marketing works..their rumours turned me down from the nextbox

Top Bottom