• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Madness

Don't know if microsofts marketing works..their rumours turned me down from the nextbox

Same. The one thing that always made me buy xbox was Halo, and I'm not hopeful for this franchise at all anymore.

I bet Gears will be multiplatform next gen too, just makes more financial sense to Epic to not keep it exclusive to one console, especially in the face of shooters like Destiny and Call of Duty.

Nothing I've heard about the nextbox makes me want it over the ps4. Imagine if PSN stays free as well. The only thing I'd like about the nextbox over the ps4 is perhaps the controller.

Same. The one thing that always made me buy xbox was Halo, and I'm not hopeful for this franchise at all anymore.

I bet Gears will be multiplatform next gen too, just makes more financial sense to Epic to not keep it exclusive to one console, especially in the face of shooters like Destiny and Call of Duty.

Nothing I've heard about the nextbox makes me want it over the ps4. Imagine if PSN stays free as well. The only thing I'd like about the nextbox over the ps4 is perhaps the controller.

What have you heard about the nextbox that has been confirmed true?

i cant read saints row threads because I know they'll be filled with ico/sotc avatars or people discussing braid who cry about the downfall of gamerlization or whatever. SR is the best videogame. total escape from reality. gg volition
Iv never played ico or sotc and I found braid pretentious but SR3 was shit it moved out of the world of humour and into stupidity the last 3rd of the game was just shit wrapped stupid all attempt at humour was replaced with slapstick for children. It's was the only title I regretted playing that year.

Other games do open world better
Other games do comedy better

It did some stuff right but much more wrong

Tawpgun

That's not the point. Point is the PS4 is public and we know stuff about it and it looks awesome.

Whereas we know nothing of the Xbox, only rumors of always online drm/no used games. Also a bigger focus on family entertainment device rather than gaming system.

It's all about dat hype machine and ps4 is winning

Madness

It's all rumors no? But most of the rumors that leaked about ps4 came true.

I don't know, but the stuff you hear about greater windows 8 integration, enhanced kinect, the creator of Braid and upcoming The Witness saying he's not liking the nextbox because it's not strictly gaming centric, it just seems off putting to me.

Obviously my minds not made up, still have to see what Microsoft has up its sleeve.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
That's not the point. Point is the PS4 is public and we know stuff about it and it looks awesome.

Whereas we know nothing of the Xbox, only rumors of always online drm/no used games. Also a bigger focus on family entertainment device rather than gaming system.

It's all about dat hype machine and ps4 is winning

inb4 MS reveals GDDR6 in the next Xbox.

Madness

There had better be more than 4 lol. I hope MS doesn't fuck this up. They need new strong IPs for next gen and a healthy amount of them.

It's Microsoft, of course they'll fuck it up. Unlike Sony, Microsoft has only now started to create new studios to deliver key first party titles ie Black Tusk Studios.

At best they can hope to maintain exclusives but as the industry grows, it's very hard for studios to justify only one platform for their AAA games. One platform games like Gears are going to have it tough against Battlefield, Destiny and CoD.

Doesn't matter to me, but then you'll have studios like 343 wanting to emulate what CoD or Battlefield are doing as opposed to carrying Halo as it is forward. Every first party shooter like Killzone or Halo is going to be wary of what the multiplatform juggernauts are doing.

There had better be more than 4 lol. I hope MS doesn't fuck this up. They need new strong IPs for next gen and a healthy amount of them.

4 Is fine if none are kinect.

Halo
Gears (if they pay more money for it)
Project Gotham
Forza
Fable
RYSE
New IP 1
New IP 2
New IP 3
New IP 4

Crackdown, Kameo, Mechwarrior and Perfect Dark could all see new gen games to go with it.

4 Is fine if its none are kinect.

Halo
Project Gotham
Forza
Fable
RYSE
New IP 1
New IP 2
New IP 3
New IP 4

Crackdown, Kameo, Mechwarrior and Perfect Dark could all see new gen games to go with it.

I was just going to make this post.. I'd be fine with 4 high quality IPs, especially since dat $'s gonna be flying out of my wallet for these next gen consoles.

I would probably cry if they revived those titles. Microsawft, stahp being like Nintendo pls.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
4 Is fine if none are kinect.

Halo
Project Gotham
Forza
Fable
RYSE
New IP 1
New IP 2
New IP 3
New IP 4

I think Fable is dead man. Hoping for PGR comeback. Does MS own the Alan Wake IP?

DeadNames

Banned
Sigh. I can't play more than a few games of Halo 4 before screaming I hate the game.

I hope this upcoming TU fixes flinch and AAs and the DMR.

DeadNames

Banned
Same here man.

The TU has to deliver more than the Xs.. much more

I think I might just be done with Halo MP if Halo 5 is anything like Halo 4. I'll still play campaign and stuff though.

I just don't see how 343 sat down and played Halo 4 internally and thought "this is the best game we could possibly make" while being camo sniped/DMRd across the map.

That sucks. I play Throwdown almost every night and usually have so much fun.

After waiting about ten minutes and getting into Throwdown I get destroyed. I enjoy challenge, sure, but getting shit on match after match isn't exactly fun.

IHaveIce

Banned
I think I might just be done with Halo MP if Halo 5 is anything like Halo 4. I'll still play campaign and stuff though.

I just don't see how 343 sat down and played Halo 4 internally and thought "this is the best game we could possibly make" while being camo sniped/DMRd across the map.
Or how Infinity passed as standard slayer
That sucks. I play Throwdown almost every night and usually have so much fun.

Throwdown is impossible alone. And even there stuff like adrift exists..

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Or how Infinity passed as standard slayer

Throwdown is impossible alone. And even there stuff like adrift exists..

You just have to set your expectations accordingly when you go into Throwdown, or any playlist for that matter, alone.

And yea, I'm not a fan of Adrift all. It was actually coming up in matchmaking quite often last night.

Overdoziz

Banned
I play Reach MLG nearly every day. Going in solo can be frustrating as hell sometimes, but the settings are soooo good. The zero bloom DMR is a thing of the gods.

Yeah didn't someone post this here? While it's not Johnson, it's a black marine with a shotgun or something.

I linked to a youtube video of some kid doing it and then saying it was Johnson because I figured it was hilarious that the guy thought it was Johnson.

A. It looks nothing like him
B. He has a regular voice actor
C. Its a marine variant that shows up in campaign.

As far as I'm aware, Microsoft does NOT own the Alan Wake IP.

Nah they don't remedy do but they had a publishing deal with microsoft. If microsoft publish AWAKE2 then Its going to be exclusive but if another publishers picks it up then who knows.

Thing is microsoft likely set up a multiple game publishing deal because they saw potential.

So like, you know that's not Johnson right its just a black marine.

I linked to a youtube video of some kid doing it and then saying it was Johnson because I figured it was hilarious that the guy thought it was Johnson.

A. It looks nothing like him
B. He has a regular voice actor
C. Its a marine variant that shows up in campaign.
Eh, I saw the hat (which I've only seen Johnson wear) and made the assumption. Should have been him, at least it would have been a decent easter egg.

All those AI's look like Robert Downey Jr to me. :-D

CyReN

cod mainstage at mlg, at least the halo look is back

proxy.jpg

Top Bottom