• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

wwm0nkey

So yeah that PS4 and new Destiny footage....all they need to do is announce that the price is $400 or $450 and I will be there day 1.

FyreWulff

Of course, so do I. I just find it hard to get hard over hardware specs. SHOW ME THE GAMES! Nah mean?

MS needs to step up their 1st party stuff. Sony has so many more 1st party games, it's disgusting.

I hope all 3 consoles are different this go round, when you have the same experience it's a little boring.

Some people just want to enjoy games and don't hae to fanboyism any company.

Sony did a good job today.

This. It's the best conference in years and it gives me bright hope of the coming gen from them. They showed games, games, games. It was nice and it mostly convinced me to buy into their hype train. Really looking forward to Microsoft's stuff, they've got a lot of stealth studios, so it'll be cool. We still didn't see anything from a lot of devs tonight, but what we did see I found really freaking cool. Even more pumped about Destiny now, too.

Built in spectator mode and livestreaming?

Powerful console..

Someones been reading my posts.

Not only that, but you can take control of the game you're spectating. That's a kick ass forward thinking feature. A lot of the new OS features are, like suspend/resume and instant and remote play on vita and ps4.

Computer

What is with the bulletin coming out later and later each week? Is it some kind of experiment to see how many people will stay awake to read it? What else is BS Angel in charge of besides putting out a weekly bulletin on time?

Population is around the same as last week so I don't think so.

Team Throw down has stopped the bleeding out of players.

Fotos

There's actually nearly 52K people playing Halo 4 now, at 11 at night. Halo redeemed?

CKK5ndl.png

Population is around the same as last week so I don't think so.

Since it seems like my previous post was overlooked, here's a new video walkthrough of my latest map intended for the new forge contest: here
HdsgcKL.png

It's on my fileshare. Search DI Exero, map name "Gaffed".

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. If anyone would care to help me out by playing a few rounds, please let me know.

PS4 just doo doo'd on the Wii U and OnLive. Will SmartGlass and the Nextbox 720 Durango do the same?

Halo Wars 2 as a launch title with SmartGlass integration for multi-tasking micromanaging.

zap

No details on the 14 day buy and play promotion? That's so weird! We all expected that promotion to appear!

No fixes for precision forging and zoom in the TU???

Ghazi

Can someone copy and paste the text from the bulletin? At work at the site is blocked.

TU:

Gameplay
• Reduced the range of the Boltshot’s damage scaling over distance. The previous effective range for 1-hit kills was around 20-25'. The range has been reduced to 15'.
• Fixed an issue where modified loadouts were not being saved correctly.
• Fixed an issue where attempting to sprint while crouching using “hold to crouch” would cause players to be unable to shoot for 1-1.5 seconds.
• Fixed an issue where some players were not able to get into matches on new map/game variants after playlist updates.
• Fixed a DLC-related Join-in-Progress issue that kicked players back to the title screen.
• Fixed various issues regarding glitched Autosentry deployment.
• Fixed an issue where one player per session was unable to stay scoped with the Flagnum.
• Fixed an issue where clients playing multi-round matches were not propelled by Man Cannons after the first round on Wreckage.
• Fixed an issue for players who had licensed content for the specialization offer, and had the free Map Pack content, but did not have the Map Pass or Map Pack license by displaying a new error message: “You have Map Pack content that requires a license. Please purchase the War Games Map Pass, purchase the Map Pack individually, or delete the Map Pack content from your console.”

Vehicles
• Fixed issues with friendly fire against vehicles. If FF is disabled, damage/EMPs from friendly sources will no longer damage vehicles that are fully controlled by your team.
• Fixed an issue with where the Wraith secondary turret became disabled when shot with a Plasma Pistol. The feature has been updated to be consistent with previous Halo titles.
• Fixed a Mantis functionality exploit that allowed pilots to survive planted grenades.

Specific Game Modes
• Friendly fire turned off in Flood to prevent exploits.
• Fixed Flood character models to allow for Warthog and Mongoose use.
• Fixed an inconsistency with King of the Hill deathcam.
• Fixed an issue where the Grifball would get stuck in geometry and never respawn.
• Fixed the issue for Extraction where players did not regain full control of their character for extended periods of time after interacting with a site.
• Fixed multiple Extraction scoring issues, including an overtime fix that ensures that a victory will not be awarded to a team who is controlling the go-ahead extraction point when the game ends.

Custom Games
• Fixed an issue that did not allow players to create respawn timers or disable instant respawn in custom games.
• Fixed an issue on Shatter where players couldn’t start a custom Dominion game.
• Fixed an issue where the Ordnance game options reset when scrolling up or down in custom games.
• Fixed an issue where custom game descriptions did not appear in the “Settings” preview screen.
• Fixed inconsistencies and bugs in the final death cam for custom games.

Spartan Ops
• Fixed an issue where the “Dedicated to Crimson” Achievement could not be unlocked.
• Fixed an issue where players in Spartan Ops Episode 6 Mission 1 were able to look around before the vignette.

Miscellaneous
• Fixed a selection of issues where theater clips were missing map-specific audio, including ambient noise and announcer voice.
• Fixed File Share preview images for films and map variants.
• Fixed issues with in-game translations.
• Fixed title screen camera clipping.
• Fixed an issue with Forge pieces and the shadows they create.
• Fixed aliasing split screen HUD issues.
• Fixed an issue where some saved films of Forge games featured no Forge lighting.
• Fixed incorrect “change description” text in File Browser.
• Fixed assorted crashes.

New maps and gametypes:
To start, here’s how these maps will be integrated into existing playlists at launch.
Landfall
Infinity Slayer
SWAT
Team Doubles
Monolith
Infinity Slayer
Capture the Flag
SWAT
Regicide
Team Doubles
Skyline
Infinity Slayer
Capture the Flag
SWAT
Regicide
Team Doubles

The Majestic Map Pack will also be featured in two brand new playlists: Majestic FFA and Majestic Team DLC. Here are the game types that will be featured in each playlist:
Majestic Team DLC
4 vs. 4
Landfall
Infinity Slayer
Extraction
Monolith
Infinity Slayer
Team Regicide
King of the Hill
Skyline
Infinity Slayer
Capture the Flag
SWAT

Majestic FFA DLC
8 player Free-for-All
Landfall
Infinity Rumble
Rumble Pro
Monolith
Infinity Rumble
Rumble Pro
Regicide
Skyline
Infinity Rumble
Rumble Pro
Regicide

Now, onto the new FFA modes. Infinity Rumble, as you may have guessed, pits you against 7 enemies in the Infinity Slayer experience. However, instant respawn is disabled, so be sure to use each life wisely.
Mode
Infinity Rumble
Players
Score to Win
250 (25 Kills)
Loadouts
Custom
Instant Respawn
Disabled
Death Cam
Enabled
Motion Tracker
Enabled
Personal Ordnance
Enabled
Ordnance Drops
Enabled
Time Limit
15 Minutes

Rumble Pro is another brand new mode that offers an FFA experience based on the Doubles Pro settings. Here are the details below:
Mode
Rumble Pro
Players
Score to Win
250 (25 Kills)
Loadouts
Game Loadouts (see below)
Instant Respawn
Disabled
Death Cam
Disabled
Motion Tracker
Enabled
Personal Ordnance
Disabled
Ordnance Drops
Enabled
Time Limit
12 Minutes

Rumble Pro Game Loadouts:
Loadout 1
Starting Weapon
DMR
Secondary Weapon
Magnum
Armor Abilities
None
Tactical Mod
Resupply
Support Mod
Explosives

Loadout 2
Starting Weapon
Battle Rifle
Secondary Weapon
Magnum
Armor Abilities
None
Tactical Mod
Resupply
Support Mod
Explosives

Loadout 3
Starting Weapon
LightRifle
Secondary Weapon
Magnum
Armor Abilities
None
Tactical Mod
Resupply
Support Mod
Explosives

Loadout 4
Starting Weapon
Carbine
Secondary Weapon
Magnum
Armor Abilities
None
Tactical Mod
Resupply
Support Mod
Explosives

FyreWulff

Cool that it seems they're actually using not worrying about LAN interop now (fixing bipeds), but please to be adding Forge zoom and precision editing?

Who in their right mind would ever play Dominion on Shatter.

Dominion on Shatter is pretty fun IMO.

A weapon that shouldn't even be in MatchMaking in the first place.

dinozzo-head-slap.gif

The problem is it being in loadouts!
• Fixed an issue where one player per session was unable to stay scoped with the Flagnum.

I hate that damn Flagnum glitch.. Seems like I'm the only one it ever happens to!

Top Bottom