• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Fracas

#fuckonami
The built in capture/streaming setup is one of my favorite things from today. Being able to take control of someone's SP game to help them out is awesome, too.

Very, very impressed from Sony. Looks like they nailed the power/features but also made a platform that's easy to develop for, which was the main thing holding back the PS3.

heckfu

Banned
6SUgr95.jpg

SpudBud

I'm just that neither Microsoft or Sony pulled a Nintendo. Maybe Microsoft will take a hit and upgrade the ram to GDDR5.

I'd rather buy a console that plays True Halo.

Fixed that for you.

True Halo is a strong IP but its damaged now. MS will not have a big Halo game until fall 2014 at the earliest. Gears should have been held back. I don't know what they think they are launching with.

I am no Sony fan boy and Halo is my favorite franchise but Sony brought it tonight. 90% of it was focused on gamers something MS has not done in years.

If MS comes out with people dancing and talking about camera's at E3 they are finished.

Computer

I'm just that neither Microsoft or Sony pulled a Nintendo. Maybe Microsoft will take a hit and upgrade the ram to GDDR5.

Would be hard to do considering the console is taped out and in production. All we can hope for is the leaked Xbox specs to be false witch they probaly are considering the PS4 leaked specs said it had 5GB of DDR5 not 8.

Fixed that for you.

True Halo is a strong IP but its damaged now. MS will not have a big Halo game until fall 2014 at the earliest. Gears should have been held back. I don't know what they think they are launching with.

I am no Sony fan boy and Halo is my favorite franchise but Sony brought it tonight. 90% of it was focused on gamers something MS has not done in years.

If MS comes out with people dancing and talking about camera's at E3 they are finished.

PS4 look at all these bad ass games.

Xbox look at all these bad ass apps.

m23

lol everyone slrpn the sony D

I was super impressed, but I gotta see the Nextbox first.

Definitely. A lot of people seem to be making their decisions without even seeing what Microsoft has in store.

8 GB GDDR5 Ram? I'm going Sony. Lol.

Don't think we'll be getting a bulletin tonight, its already 11pm over on the East Coast.

FyreWulff

The PS3 and 360 being at such parity was the exception to console history, not the rule.

If MS changes the next Xbox at this point, they could either be set back for production or lose something else.

MS going to combat it with H2A.

I see all of the gaming side referencing a MS event, they've not gave a date have they?

I know H2A is highly regarded but they are not moving systems with a remake after Halo 4. Halo 5? Maybe if they got their shit straight but even H2A MP will not sell systems like you think it will.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Summary please. I just got home.
-monstrous 8gb of RAM
-Killzone launch title
-random driving game
-Infamous game
-build in spectator mode/capture/streaming setup
-touchpad controller
-revamped UI, looks really nice
-Watchdogs was shown, and it's on PS4
-Destiny showing
-Dragon's Dogma-esque title from Capcom, called Deep Down
-Square Enix confirms FF title for PS4 in the works

Probably missed some stuff, but this is what I can remember for now.

edit: there are a couple of other games whose names I can't remember at the moment

Omni

God damn. 8GB of GDDR5 for the PS4?

I really hope the leaked Nextbox specs are fake, because if not it's going to be lagging behind by quite a bit next gen. Damn.

-monstrous 8gb of RAM
-Killzone launch title
-random driving game
-Infamous game
-build in spectator mode/capture/streaming setup
-touchpad controller
-revamped UI, looks really nice
-Watchdogs was shown, and it's on PS4
-Destiny showing
-Dragon's Dogma-esque title from Capcom, called Deep Down
-Square Enix confirms FF title for PS4 in the works
- Dong Sculpting App
Probably missed some stuff, but this is what I can remember for now.

edit: there are a couple of other games whose names I can't remember at the moment

Fixed

Summary please. I just got home.

Sony brings it with the Hardware. OC'd x86 w/ next gen GPU which they demo'd.
8GB GGDR5
Cloud services (sounds like they will use this for BC as they pitched it for playing every PS gen game)
Share button on the new DualShock 4 allows you to share your game instantly
All kinds of mobile device, ipad integration
Stream PS4 games to Vita
New Killzone
New Infamous
Some weird puzzle game (The Witness)
Some stupid move thing
Capcom showed a nice tech demo
Blizzard announced Diablo III
Final Fantasy guy talked in broken English

Gametrailers has most of it up.

Booties

Banned
I just got a macbook pro over the air because of how much I value the 8GB ram. Would be silly of me not to get a ps4.

That built in spectator mode sounds amazing. I wonder if we didn't get that in halo 4 because we may get it with the nextbox. Doesn't let 343 off the hook for a thing, but it's a thought.

You talking about Media Molecule's bit? I thought it was interesting. They're a creative bunch, can't wait to see what they've got cooking.

Wait till I get hold of it and ill show you creative.

I just got a macbook pro over the air because of how much I value the 8GB ram. Would be silly of me not to get a ps4.

That built in spectator mode sounds amazing. I wonder if we didn't get that in halo 4 because we may get it with the nextbox. Doesn't let 343 off the hook for a thing, but it's a thought.

8GB of DDR5 is the nextbox killer. Being able to utilize the majority of that dedicated to a game and having games built around it will be insane for future titles. Look at Games like Killzone 3 and the New god of war title all are done on 512Mb of Ram at a comparable level to DDR3.

zap

If the rumours IGN posted are true with the $429 and $529 pricepoints - Xbox could make a significant gain by having a cheaper console.

If they keep charging for XBL with no real improvements... I might have to jump ship. Halo isn't enough to keep me around, especially with Destiny coming.

Booties

Banned
If the rumours IGN posted are true with the $429 and $529 pricepoints - Xbox could make a significant gain by having a cheaper console.

If they keep charging for XBL with no real improvements... I might have to jump ship. Halo isn't enough to keep me around, especially with Destiny coming.

Yeah and if halo continues to be a bad game there really isn't a reason to stay around. If I want to play good old halo I'll just use my 360 and play halo 3.

Computer

Reserve your ticket for the Halo 5 hype train. The story for Halo has went to shit imo so I wont be looking forward to Halo 5 campaign just hoping for a good multiplayer this time around.

Booties

Banned
Reserve your ticket for the Halo 5 hype train. The story for Halo has went to shit imo so I wont be looking forward to Halo 5 campaign just hoping for a good multiplayer this time around.

I hate all your posts because of your avatar. I literally didn't read anything I just quoted. I just wanted to let you know you have a bad av. Later.

Yeah and if halo continues to be a bad game there really isn't a reason to stay around. If I want to play good old halo I'll just use my 360 and play halo 3.

Yep, I think Destiny is a game changer too. Halo nuts will turn to them for their fix. Especially with all the new PS4 features and they did announce some sort of special stuff for PS4.

Who knows, Destiny may play more like Halo than Halo.

zap

Pretty much my feelings too. I do prefer the Xbox controller though. The dualshock stick placement feels weird.

Halo is a fractured IP right now. If the online sharing and structure they described applies to KZ, CoD and Destiny MS is in big trouble if they are rolling with Halo 4's population and Kinect.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I know what you mean and most games will play the same but with prettier graphics. I still want surprises from both sides, Sony upping the ram was a good one. I want them to keep trying to one up each other.

Of course, so do I. I just find it hard to get hard over hardware specs. SHOW ME THE GAMES! Nah mean?

MS needs to step up their 1st party stuff. Sony has so many more 1st party games, it's disgusting.

Top Bottom