• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Ramirez

tashi if you and harold ryan were alone in the desert and he got bit in the penis by a poisonous snake would you suck the poison out to save his life

tumblr_m5s1gdie301r9yu9b.gif

jdouglas

(Apologies beforehand if this has been deeply discussed already) Is there any way to see the recent games via halowaypoint? I kinda miss that feature (if it's gone...).

Toa TAK

Banned
(Apologies beforehand if this has been deeply discussed already) Is there any way to see the recent games via halowaypoint? I kinda miss that feature (if it's gone...).

On the website there is if you go to your own Halo 4 stats. But I don't think so for Halowaypoint app on the Xbox.

Apparently this is a direct capture from the Trailer. No sure if anything magical has been done like super sampling but its gorgeous none the less

For comparison

The gunplay/animations/effects mostly looked like a upresed PS3 game, but the fucking cityscape looked amazing. The lighting, reflections, etc.

Also, seems they changed the art to look cleaner and more colorful.

The gunplay/animations/effects mostly looked like a upresed PS3 game, but the fucking cityscape looked amazing. The lighting, reflections, etc.

Also, seems they changed the art to look cleaner and more colorful.

Gunplay looks like same old killzone gunplay. Solid if a little boring
Animations looked fine
Effects looked great especially those explosions and the ground being destroyed from it.

I like the advancement towards colour. Looks like bulletstorm almost.

Fuchsdh

I love that Marty was there for no reason. :p

Xbox should have some Halo game. Not Halo 5 though.

EDIT: Would be awesome if they did a new Xbox version of Halo 4 and gave it to anyone who owned Halo 4 (and played it on live) the new version free as a download.

Personally I don't see why Microsoft wouldn't make their nextBox backwards compatible. I understand the rationale behind the people who say "it's not a big deal, I've got the old hardware", but I've only got room for a limited number of boxes by my computer.

Sony has much more of a reason not to include it, as they made such a blunder with the Cell that including it would just add more price to what will undoubtably still be a premium console.

Ghazi

Personally I don't see why Microsoft wouldn't make their nextBox backwards compatible. I understand the rationale behind the people who say "it's not a big deal, I've got the old hardware", but I've only got room for a limited number of boxes by my computer.

Sony has much more of a reason not to include it, as they made such a blunder with the Cell that including it would just add more price to what will undoubtably still be a premium console.

I hope they do, I had this issue with the PS3 because I got a slim that wasn't backwards compatible so everytime I wanted to go play DMC3 or FFXII I would have to switch inputs and play on the PS2 while leaving my 360 on the dashboard in a party and putting the (360) controller on the ground.

Faith in Marty slightly redeemed. He used his string ensemble to breathe some actual life into his pieces rather than use the zero-tremolo artificial bullshit he forced into the metaphoric buttholes of all his old pieces.

Fuchsdh

Admittedly, the proof will be when I actually grab the controller...

but does anyone else think the DualShock 4 controller is even less comfortable looking than previous incarnations? Your path to the PS home button is obstructed by the analog sticks, the share button is way off to the left (admittedly, I imagine you won't use this button a hell of a lot, but it still seems odd to place it so far from everything yet close to the touchscreen.)

The contours of the underside seem like a dead ringer for the XB360 controller, but up top it's still the bizarre "make everything symmetrical" thing as always.

In Halo news: playing Halo 3 - Halo 3 ODST - Reach back-to-back campaign sessions, it's remarkable the difference in art style. Reach, while damn pretty, just feels juddery and drab after the previous games (the temporal quasi-blur was an unfortunate approach.) They could have put the 'juicy' Forge effect over everything (whereas ODST at times seems like it already has that effect...)

Calling it, they mention PS4 and good luck to Bungie with Destiny or they completely absolutely ignore it and tonight's bulletin is nothing but textual cotton candy fluffy nutter butter bullshit.

Admittedly, the proof will be when I actually grab the controller...

but does anyone else think the DualShock 4 controller is even less comfortable looking than previous incarnations?

I think it looks like a distinct upgrade from the DS3 which feels cheap to hold and conforms to no ones hands.

Calling it, they mention PS4 and good luck to Bungie with Destiny or they completely absolutely ignore it and tonight's bulletin is nothing but textual cotton candy fluffy nutter butter bullshit.

So you basically said "343i might or might not say something about the ps4" calling it.

Mix

I'm pretty sure that there is nothing that Microsoft can do to win me back after this. Bungie and Activision are rockin' the Playstation playground and that's all I wanted, was for Bungie to pick a console they favored and its apparently the PS4.

Ramirez

Nah, it's just SonyGAF saying, "LOL MS WHATCHU GONNA DO NOW WE GOT 8GB OF GDDR5 RAM"

That will make a pretty large difference when it comes to porting games, no?

Poor Tashi, his X-bot heart is broken today. Someone better check on Omlet and see if he's alive.

I think it looks like a distinct upgrade from the DS3 which feels cheap to hold and conforms to no ones hands.

So you basically said "343i might or might not say something about the ps4" calling it.

I'm saying whatever they say or don't say, it's going to be on the complete extreme of the spectrum, no room for middle ground.

If it says nothing David or Stinkles will likely rectify it in the thread.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
That will make a pretty large difference when it comes to porting games, no?

Poor Tashi, his X-bot heart is broken today. Someone better check on Omlet and see if he's alive.

Pleeease. I'm for great games, not great graphics.

Your bias is showing, fact is MS need to upgrade dat shit(their ram) and best not fuck around when it comes to them games.

All I'm saying is that I've been playing great games for my whole life and none of them have been on a system with 8gb of GDDR5 RAM. If anything, I hope MS does match or improve so their ports are not gimped or whatever.

Thermite

All I'm saying is that I've been playing great games for my whole life and none of them have been on a system with 8gb of GDDR5 RAM. If anything, I hope MS does match or improve so their ports are not gimped or whatever.

That's probably because it hasn't existed until recently.

Hey fuck face, my problem with PoE is sound card related, POS F2P babie's first devs.

LOL, what the fuck!? I wasn't talking about you, I was making a joke about Omlet!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I know what you mean and most games will play the same but with prettier graphics. I still want surprises from both sides, Sony upping the ram was a good one. I want them to keep trying to one up each other.

heckfu

Banned
I know what you mean and most games will play the same but with prettier graphics. I still want surprises from both sides, Sony upping the ram was a good one. I want them to keep trying to one up each other.

I wasn't expecting NEARLY this much from Sony. Very impressed so far so I'm wondering how many surprises from Microsoft we can expect?

How can not saying something be an extreme?

The fact that 343's a first-party company at what is arguably the biggest competitor of the rival company that just revealed the most powerful console in this arms race yet means that it would be just a tiny bit extreme if they didn't acknowledge it in any way, shape or form. When was the last time you saw a coastal city's administration see a hurricane coming and just decided to talk about ways to camp and post pictures of boats?

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I'm pretty sure that there is nothing that Microsoft can do to win me back after this. Bungie and Activision are rockin' the Playstation playground and that's all I wanted, was for Bungie to pick a console they favored and its apparently the PS4.

It would be quite foolish to assume Bungie are favouring Playstation.

They wouldn't be able to talk about Xbox 720 or anything because of embargos and such.

Computer

Nah, it's just SonyGAF saying, "LOL MS WHATCHU GONNA DO NOW WE GOT 8GB OF GDDR5 RAM"

I feel like GAF is PlayStation fan boy headquarters sometimes. I left Sony the day I played Halo CE. Plus I would rather buy a console from an American company.

Top Bottom