• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Madness

Silentium Code [20K XP + video]

KYfkj8r.jpg

redeem - http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/classified

Thanks for this... I just redownloaded the waypoint thing on xbox live and I noticed they have the same dumb wailing that is on the menu for Halo 4 for the waypoint app as well. It's like they want to erase any memory of the previous games, including the amazing music.

Thanks for this... I just redownloaded the waypoint thing on xbox live and I noticed they have the same dumb wailing that is on the menu for Halo 4 for the waypoint app as well. It's like they want to erase any memory of the previous games, including the amazing music.

The wailing's alright but the track after with the French horn, strings and piano that rides off of Desecration's melody is one of the most beautiful pieces in the franchise.

Jinnouchi probably made it.

Pop

Pretty much what I believe.

Has it occurred to you, that stacking features next to each other and proclaiming "look guys, it offers nearly as much stuff!" is completely irrelevant to many serious fans of the series?

Gears of War has been a platform for delivering innovative experiences through a rich universe from the beginning. Gears of War 1 set an entirely new standard for third person shooters, Gears of War 2 provided an awesome story, it added a wealth of features and pioneered the 'defend against AI' modes which have now become a staple to modern shooters. Gears of War 3 gave us the conclusion which we had all been waiting for, and it then went out of its way to refine and improve almost every single aspect of the first two, and left us with what was the perfect multiplayer Gears game.

The Sawed off Shotgun says hello.

''I'm gonna have an Assault Rifle, plenty of grenades that I can stick on vehicles and have my plasma pistol so I can easily stun vehicles''...''I also like using the Jetpack so I can just come in from above, surprise people from like a steep angle right down on the vehicles and stick 'm with some grenades and be one my way''

Should be absolutely ashamed of himself. So much wrong wrapped up in one utterance and from a dev to boot.

Map reminds me of Terminal, Turf and Rats Nest. Looks alright but like I said earlier, I don't think big maps work at all in Halo 4, so no point. Is that vehicles on all three maps? Wow. And why bother putting vehicles on full stop when you can "have your plasma pistol and easily stun vehicles...surprise people from a steep angle using jetpack, stick em with grenades and be on your way"?

Should be absolutely ashamed of himself. So much wrong wrapped up in one utterance and from a dev to boot.

Map reminds me of Terminal, Turf and Rats Nest. Looks alright but like I said earlier, I don't think big maps work at all in Halo 4, so no point. Is that vehicles on all three maps? Wow. And why bother putting vehicles on full stop when you can "have your plasma pistol and easily stun vehicles...surprise people from a steep angle using jetpack, stick em with grenades and be on your way"?

Is that quote from the video? I don't have sound right now.

It does remind me of terminal, but it isn't nearly open enough to be a good middle-big sized map. This is just the crap we have to get used to. I also get vibes from that Halo 2 map they remade in Reach except without and vertical movement (besides jetpack lol)

Well fuck, this really was Terminal wasn't it?

It looks like a fun map, but fuck, knowing what it could have been hurts. They should at least have kept the possibility of being hit by the train.

Yup, and thats what I find most frustrating since 343 took over.

DeadNames

Banned
I'll be damned if Halo 4's art isn't one of the best in the series. Seriously I love the way this game looks. The animations, environments, guns, weapons, Spartans, and vehicles all look spectacular.

wwm0nkey

Honestly I am happy my memories of Terminal were not ruined with the anniversary map pack, the map needs to be in Halo 2 only same with A LOT of Halo 2 maps, it just would not work with Reach or 4.

Headlong is a great example of this.

Also I am happy that they are using a similar art style to Terminal, I want to see a lot more human environments look like this or at least turf.

I'll be damned if Halo 4's art isn't one of the best in the series. Seriously I love the way this game looks. The animations, environments, guns, weapons, Spartans, and vehicles all look spectacular.

I have to agree, I just wish things weren't so damn bland on the multiplayer front. Nothing but UNSC labs on Forerunner worlds covered in rocks.

You guys want to know something ridiculous? Cryptum offhandedly mentioned The Glow - a dimension like Slipspace that's made entirely of photons.

Even if they dropped the Infinity multiplayer moniker we'd have a canon explanation for a map or canvas done in the style of Mirror's Edge time trials and we're still never going to get it.

^ damn that is an ugly helmet. so is the skin, bleh

Compared to Outcast though.

I would love that they built in a way to scale down large maps via Forge.
At the absolute least, give us physical pieces that can properly serve to wall areas off. I hope that was at least considered before they just didn't do it.

They really need to bring back assault, probably the only game type other than slayer that will work on that map.
Hope beyond hope that the BTB Objective playlist and/or TU will magically spring forth any type of one-sided objective.

There's a crack on my Halo Wars disc from that bloody LE box but it still works fine. Lost an online match pretty horribly. I need coaching. Fyre I'd be up for a match with you and Unknown later if ye fancy it.

Huh, I just did it and it's a 5 second long interference signal. That's... weird.

It's not the first time they've done it. 343's released several white noise tracks that have to be converted to RGB or something similar and will reveal programming (which requires a certain variable to be removed, specified in the code). Once said programming is corrected, it converts to an image file, revealing the glyph.

FyreWulff

Well fuck, this really was Terminal wasn't it?

They say it started out as an Anniversary Map Pack map but they never actually say which map it started as.

If it was Terminal.. I have a hard time seeing it. It does look familiar though. I'd have to see an overhead to confirm. It either looks like an area of the city in ODST or the actual city-area from Halo 2's Metropolis where the soccer ball is ("Lt. got hit as soon as we dropped in" etc)

Madness

So you mean like the graphics? I mean I agree, it's perhaps the best looking halo game ever made, but I don't know if I'd agree the environments are the best. I liked the art direction of Halo 3 and even Reach better. I preferred the look of the world much better. And for some reason, I loved the way Valhalla looked in Halo 3, as opposed to Ragnarok in Halo 4.

Don't get me wrong, I think Ragnarok and Exile look freaking great, but they have this Resistance/Gears yellow tint I can't shake. I mean Standoff in Halo 3 had something similar, but I don't know I can't explain it.

Maybe someone can explain what I mean? The Firebase Jade level on Surr'kesh in Mass Effect 3 multiplayer uses this yellow tint/filter as well.

On a side note, can anyone explain how you win flood? Just now, I was playing it on complex. I survived two rounds with another guy. I was much better I got flood hunter, survivor and even the clever medals for surviving the round. We both had the same amount of time survived and yet I had WAY more points. The third round, I get made into a flood while the other guy who survived with me didn't. And as good as I am with flood I tend to go negative in the early minutes. So I die, convert, die, convert. Then I even get the last man standing and it says victory. At the end though, because the other guy never got made flood he had a longer survival rate than me and I finished second.

I never got a flood victory commendation at all. So how the heck are you supposed to win? Kill as many flood as possible and hope you don't turn into a flood?

...a dimension ... that's made entirely of photons.

Ugh. I don't mind SciFi properties taking some liberties to create their universe(s), but there are some very basic things wrong here. Unless of course, you worded it incorrectly, in which case I'm never speaking to you again.
Well it was a car analogy, what am I supposed to do? Ok, here, car runs fine, but the A/C doesn't work but some people can look past the A/C (oh and the horn is broken) and enjoy the way it handles.
And I've already dismissed the car. Sorry, but nonfunctioning A/C in New Mexico is a no-go. This car you describe is what is known 'round these parts as a lemon and should be avoided.

BigShow36

Well it was a car analogy, what am I supposed to do? Ok, here, car runs fine, but the A/C doesn't work but some people can look past the A/C (oh and the horn is broken) and enjoy the way it handles.
Basically it's like this; we had a Ferarri. It was fast, it was clean, it was pure. We loved it. The elegant simplicity was beautiful and it ran like the well-oiled machine it was. However, it was time for it's 50,000 mile tune up and an oil change, so we dropped it off at the mechanic.

When we returned, the mechanic gave us the keys to a Honda Accord with a spoiler duct-taped on the back. We're all... wtf? "It's okay," says the mechanic as well as a few mechanic-fanboys hanging around in the lobby, "it's still a great car, it's just different." "Yeah," says one of the grease monkeys, "Accords are really popular, and spoilers are really in with our target market. Just adapt to the different handling."

"Well fuck you," you reply, "I had a Ferrari and now you gave me an Accord when all I wanted was a tune-up."

Then the mechanic/Bungie/343 says, "IT GUN B K."

And then you go sell the Accord on craigslist as a desperate, last-resort "fuck-you" to the car maker and take your money elsewhere. You'll never get your Ferarri back and the mechanic doesn't give a shit. You complain about it on car forums but ignoramuses just say, "If you don't like it go drive another car" even though there are no more Ferarri's to drive and you want to shove their keyboard up their ass because they don't get it.

The end.

GhaleonEB

Folks didn't we know all about this pack for months now and that CA was making it? Just curious as it seems like news to most of you.

I wonder why 343 did not make many of the maps. Production on SP must have been hectic for MS to need to call in CA on all of the multiplayer.

Given how hot Halo 4 landed, I think 343 just didn't have time. And/also may not consider DLC part of their charter; they make or direct the core game, then seem to farm out other components (such as Forge).

If I'd known 343 were outsourcing the map packs, and to Certain Affinity, I would have not purchased the LE. I ended up giving away the season pass code anyways, but seeing that rocket hog in the Perdition video just made me laugh. That thing ruined Unearthed in Reach, but for some reason CA loves the thing. Though it does kind of fit with Halo 4's BTB theme of random carnage. I've followed the DLC/TU news lightly, and I have to say, I so do not regret getting rid of Halo 4.

Given how hot Halo 4 landed, I think 343 just didn't have time. And/also may not consider DLC part of their charter; they make or direct the core game, then seem to farm out other components (such as Forge).

If I'd known 343 were outsourcing the map packs, and to Certain Affinity, I would have not purchased the LE. I ended up giving away the season pass code anyways, but seeing that rocket hog in the Perdition video just made me laugh. That thing ruined Unearthed in Reach, but for some reason CA loves the thing. Though it does kind of fit with Halo 4's BTB theme of random carnage. I've followed the DLC/TU news lightly, and I have to say, I so do not regret getting rid of Halo 4.

Figured id ask you here because id love to here you own and HaloGAF's impressions.

How long is dragonborn dlc
Is it worth the price.

Same question for Heathfire

Sai-kun

Banned
finished the book, and i've gotta say, that was pretty good! Nice references to older lore, fairly good ending. Yep, that was worth it! Yay for 20k XP too :p

Super major Silentium spoilers (like, end of book spoilers):
Finally finding out WHO asked Guilty Spark if he would fire the rings. That was a nice bit of closure. Also, the Librarian being the one who created the Ark! Very neat.

LosDaddie

Banned

Looking good.

Silentium Code [20K XP + video]

KYfkj8r.jpg

redeem - http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/classified

thanks!

It's one of the best looking games on consoles right now.

Who cares if your car looks great if it runs like shit?

Runs just fine for me. :)

Top Bottom