• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Madness

Holy shit, no wonder I only get scattershot or speed boost but others are getting incineration cannon and rockets all the time. They're re-rolling ordnance.

not happening; Halo 4 made too much money

Every Halo will make more than the previous one. Thats pretty much a given. The game could be a slideshow of different shapes of poops and Halo 5 would sell better than Halo 4 and still 50,000 players will be online watching the poops.

Ahh shit I forgot to mention
-Limited Edition nonsense "Whats in the boxXXXX!!!?" (Seven amitire? Good movie)
-Mt dew/doritos nonsensical dbl exp games, buy shitty food, get fat, level up! AMERICA.
-Dont make a 7/11 iphone game
-Getting 9.8 IGN's AMAZING!!!!!

orznge

Banned
Every Halo will make more than the previous one. Thats pretty much a given. The game could be a slideshow of different shapes of poops and Halo 5 would sell better than Halo 4 and still 50,000 players will be online watching the poops.

it's 100% the only thing that matters

heckfu

Banned
Holy shit, no wonder I only get scattershot or speed boost but others are getting incineration cannon and rockets all the time. They're re-rolling ordnance.

I posted this before, but the formula to win Fiesta is requisition to re-roll, pro-vision, and dexterity.

Duji

My question for the PAX multiplayer panel/Tashi-Franklin interview: Under Bungie Halo was largely a 4v4-centric shooter. What was the philosophical reasoning behind apportioning a higher percentage of the map pool to larger play spaces, emphasizing big team play? Does 343i now consider Halo to be a larger team game first and a 4v4 game second? And is the preferential focus on BTB maps indicative of the series' future direction?

Someone please ask this question. Please.

TheOddOne

So I awoke to some shit news. My Granddad passed away some time this morning in his house. He wasn't ill or anything, he just passed away without warning.

So yeah, sorry to bring more depressing news to HaloGAF. Anyone up for some Halo? I'd like to take my mind of it.
Don't take this the wrong way (or anybody else), but I love that HaloGAF is so open about this stuff. Feels more like a huge family this way.

Condolences for your loss, Neb.

Karl2177

Damn, bad news keeps rolling.

Me and Nockz playing Halo Wars. Third always welcome..

http://www.twitch.tv/FyreWulff
I was going to join, but I think I found the source of all of my Xbox problems is the disc drive. I can't open it anymore unless there is a disc already in it. If there is a disc in it, it will scratch it beyond belief. RIP Halo 4 and Mass Effect 1.(I'm actually going to get another copy of ME1 tonight, since it is $5)
ask them why Master Chief is fucking crippled lol

Deja vu

FyreWulff

I was going to join, but I think I found the source of all of my Xbox problems is the disc drive. I can't open it anymore unless there is a disc already in it. If there is a disc in it, it will scratch it beyond belief. RIP Halo 4 and Mass Effect 1.(I'm actually going to get another copy of ME1 tonight, since it is $5)

Deja vu

I actually tried to fix someone's DVD player with that same thing.. if there was a disc, it'd eject. No disc, it'd get stuck.

I opened it up (the assembly wasn't enclosed) and it turned out that the little pieces of plastic that magnetize each other got stuck together when the drive was closed with no disc.. i took a q-tip to them and scrubbed them off, and they behaved properly for about a month before they reported that it started doing it again.

tl;dr your drive assembly is boned, unless you feel like surgery

Im in if your still playing

send message to my gamertag: FyreWulff

Karl2177

I actually tried to fix someone's DVD player with that same thing.. if there was a disc, it'd eject. No disc, it'd get stuck.

I opened it up (the assembly wasn't enclosed) and it turned out that the little pieces of plastic that magnetize each other got stuck together when the drive was closed with no disc.. i took a q-tip to them and scrubbed them off, and they behaved properly for about a month before they reported that it started doing it again.

tl;dr your drive assembly is boned, unless you feel like surgery

Yeah, I don't know what I'm going to do. I don't want to buy a new system this close to the next gen. I don't want to pay for the $100 OoW replacement fee. I could buy the same DVD drive online and flash it to my Xbox, but the 2007 drives aren't exactly the most common and in the rare scenario, I don't want to get banned over it.

Madness

Damn this 'Cage' like map plays like ass on SWAT. I think it's called shutout? Too many small areas to hide coupled with the DMR and instant respawn is horrible. Just JiP'ed into a match and was instantly headshotted by guys embedded in and with a clear line of sight, but you cant even see their head.

Nebula

Deja vu

Yeah my old Xbox had this issue, minues the scratching. I had to cave and buy a new one because it got to a point where it wouldn't open at all, and wouldn't read half my games. I'd suggest getting a new one if it is damaging discs though.

Also I just saw the Saints Row 4 trailer and it looks awesome. Superhero sandbox madness. Looks awesome.

GhaleonEB

Figured id ask you here because id love to here you own and HaloGAF's impressions.

How long is dragonborn dlc
Is it worth the price.

Same question for Heathfire

My thoughts on Dragonborn. I think it's worth the price of admission. But in the summer the GotY edition of Skyrim will probably hit (after the last DLC) and it will be cheaper to grab that than all the DLC one at a time. But if you only want Dragonborn, go for it. That said, the DLC has also gone on sale twice this year already, so if you want it sooner, keep an eye out and it may happen again.

If you have largely exhausted Skryim proper and want a nice chunk of new content, pick up Dragonborn. It's not perefect but it's got some some great stuff in it (characters, quests, loot, dungeons, etc. are all as good or better than Skyrim). You can sink a few dozen hours into it easy, especially with a new-ish character.

It was SO GOOD. I just finished. It took me like 7 hours to read. I started this morning when I got to work and just blazed through it. I've never read a book that fast, I was so sucked into it.

It gives me hope that for all the mistakes 343 made with the actual game of Halo 4, they're capable of carrying the universe into something amazing.

finished it an hour ago or so, thought it was pretty good. still kinda forming my thoughts on it, although like i said earlier, the references to older halo lore were pretty neat.
I am super excited. Thanks for the great impression. Could it be the best Forerunner book? I will buy the American kindle version tomorrow.

Duji

Ingenious!

Number 3 is hilarious too, must remember to try that soon.
This is how I have fun with this disappointing game. Seriously.

I do it whenever I'm winning by a lot (like in that game) or when I know I'm playing noobs.

It's fucking priceless seeing how people react. You always get something different. Some guys CHASE you and it is scary as fuck! Other guys, (smarter guys), jump off the map and I don't get the kill.

The clip I sent in is the one and only time I've actually seen both players bump into each other after I stickied one of them. It was fucking awesome. When they announced that sticky det clip competition, I knew for sure I was going to get #1. And btw your killionare was dope. ;)

Nebula

Damn this 'Cage' like map plays like ass on SWAT. I think it's called shutout? Too many small areas to hide coupled with the DMR and instant respawn is horrible. Just JiP'ed into a match and was instantly headshotted by guys embedded in and with a clear line of sight, but you cant even see their head.

Oh wow.

This is how I have fun with this disappointing game. Seriously

It's why I enjoyed goosing so much on Halo 4. It was one of the few fun things I could do and some of the reactions to it are priceless. Sadly more and more BTB players caught on to the Plasma Pistol/Plasma Grenades loadout and now it's near impossible to do without spending more time waiting for a Mongoose to respawn, and next to no time driving the Mongoose.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Madness

Lol hadn't played it before. Reminded me of cage even though it's designed much better. I actually liked it once I figured out wtf was going one since I JiP'ed.

On another note binary slayer is great. Something about snapshots with the BiRi just feels right.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Lol hadn't played it before. Reminded me of cage even though it's designed much better. I actually liked it once I figured out wtf was going one since I JiP'ed.

On another note binary slayer is great. Something about snapshots with the BiRi just feels right.

I believe they had the same creators. Still hilarious.

Nebula

It's a Lockout remake if you didn't know.

I avoided swat when I did play halo like the plague.

Halo 3 SWAT 50 here. Ride host like a baws.

heckfu

Banned

get out of the internet.

wwm0nkey

So someone is running Halo map customs on Murder Miners, I will download all the maps and host some customs if anyone wants to get on later.

Karl2177

Madness who the hell are you. Was Halo 3 your first Halo?

s2af5Ob.png

I'm fairly certain it was Reach.

Madness

Oh man, wtf is wrong with me... I'm fucked. Lockout was one of my favorite maps in Halo 2 and I really loved Blackout in Halo 3. Please excuse my mindfuck. I just couldn't see it or put two and two together.

I knew it was familiar. Damn, I shouldn't play and post at the same time. I'm all messed up.

Duji

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

get out of the internet.

Madness who the hell are you. Was Halo 3 your first Halo?

Look past the nostalgia, guys. Lockout sucked on every gametype aside from Oddball and FFA Slayer. The game always forced its way into a standoff between Snipe tower and BR tower. Boring.

Oh man, wtf is wrong with me... I'm fucked. Lockout was one of my favorite maps in Halo 2 and I really loved Blackout in Halo 3. Please excuse my mindfuck. I just couldn't see it or put two and two together.

I knew it was familiar. Damn, I shouldn't play and post at the same time. I'm all messed up.

lol

Pop

Hey I was once a swat 50 too but only played for one person ever(my brother) and no one else. Can't stand that playlist.

Hey lockout/ blackout was great.

Top Bottom