• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Disconect

Neo Member
How 'bout:

- Camo is a powerup, you fight for it, you pick it up and it lasts 30 seconds, no activating whenever you please.

But that's "old" to some fans in here. Need to evolve and give everybody a backpack full of frustration.
True!!!Powerups must return on the map .
Classic way.

It only promotes camping when it refreshes quickly, as with the current AA implementation. The Camo powerup actually encouraged the opposite: You had 30 seconds, once it was activated you had to push and do so quickly or it was wasted.

Exactly. You knew that when you picked up the Camo, you were rushing and making use of it by sneaking behind them for the flag pull or securing a weapon.

But Camo AA? Grab Shotty, sit in hallway all game. Or sit in the back of the map with a sniper rifle.

There's no pushing. No strategy. No teamwork. It's just selfish.

0d47dc7fa4fd8c5d493fd71fe2912804.png

Is it too hard to ask for people to move around the map? What's the point in making them bigger if you can get everything where you're standing?

instead of a title update could we just get a new developer in charge. 343 seems like they're completely lost behind the wheel

It is an absolute refusal to change their vision. If they changed one MAJOR core change they implemented then I would say they are listening. In reality, they have changed nothing.

Give me the option to turn off sprint, add descoping, remove flinch, give me Ranks in a ranked playlist.

Those ranks won't mean shit if they apply to all playlists.

I think you guys are misunderstanding my point, Is almost a given camo AA wont be taken out, might as well do a decent nerf, I dont think anyone around here misses the camo pick-up powerup more than I do.

For me, all the AA with no Exception should be taken out, but, that wont happen.

I get your point. I recall that equipment was not positively received with Halo 3 but it was better than AA's.

Nebula

If there is one thing I have noticed with Halo 4, it is that people dislike having a lack of options and 343 has done nothing to address this. Custom Game options suck and Sound options suck. Custom options was something I was hoping 343 would carry over from Bungies Halo, and the Sound options should be expanded upon for everyones sake. I don't want to hear music during the game, and I would really love the option to turn down game sounds so I can hear my friends if I'm recording.

They can't do any harm by adding these Sound options, and CoD had these ages ago. Sorry to keep going back to CoD with things like this, but for all the flak CoD devs get, they sure know how to give us Sound options.

It is an absolute refusal to change their vision. If they changed one MAJOR core change they implemented then I would say they are listening. In reality, they have changed nothing.

Give me the option to turn off sprint, add descoping, remove flinch, give me Ranks in a ranked playlist.

Those ranks won't mean shit if they apply to all playlists.

To me this was so obvious. Not that every gametype should be that way but that the custom options should literally let you turn on or off anything you wanted regardless of what their vision is. That to me is the big problem with this game. It doesn't bother me that they wanted to try stuff like a CTF with no flag drops, i enjoy it just the same tbh. But It bothers me that i cant customize the gametypes to my likings though.

This is one thing Halo has always done well, until now. Custom options. And although i do not believe that this would suddenly make it king again on Live, it cant fucking hurt it.

kylej

Banned
Options? 343 can't even get feature parity with the old games. Too busy recreating Seattle for fun and holding parties in New York.

It's almost like dew is fogging up their rose-tinted glasses.

lol, yeah.

Seriously though, the bulk of the sales are over. What harm could possibly come from giving the faithful the changes they want. If I was those guys just give them an option to turn off sprint. I mean who cares?

It would be different if any of there announcements changed the online population. 2 map packs and a TU and it keep dropping. Someone of authority needs to speak up over there and just put it out there. Our vision for the game has impacted the playing community in a negative way.

Change it.

This is what happens when you go Corporate. Anyone in a white collar job can easily see whats going on here. 343i is too big, to many people not talking. To many people with say over "their area" and too much BS.

From here on out. You should almost add the option to turn off X before you actually put X in the game. If X is a change from the previous Halo.

You do not FUCK with Halo.

And stop trying to make it CoD, if they want to play CoD theyll play the version that runs at 60fps...

It was pathetic, Davidson just handed it to them.

Tournament sucks so far.

No way that game was insane! and Gonzaga game is kinda tight right now! Would be insane if they lost and totallly fuck me over lol. This is great basketball!

Wahrer you need to make a salt level rising graph with your drawerings.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
We’ll be sharing more about the different things we can do with our soon-to-be-acquired weapon-tuning “knobs” in our PAX East panel, so keep your ear close to the ground for the latest on that particular aspect of the title update.

Let's just wait until the panel tomorrow.

kylej

Banned
lol, yeah.

Seriously though, the bulk of the sales are over. What harm could possibly come from giving the faithful the changes they want. If I was those guys just give them an option to turn off sprint. I mean who cares?

Because you're not important. None of the hardcore Halo communities are important. The 9.8 and initial sales is all that matters. They're shitting out ancient maps from Digital Extremes and Certain Affinity and trying to milk the community while there's some semblance of interest left in Halo 4 and even though we know these maps are old turds from the scrap pile, there are people here who still get excited about them. We had people excited here because we got shadows in Forge after 5 years. I wouldn't try either if I were 343.

If there's one good thing to come out of Halo 4, it's that hopefully the community as a whole raises their expectations and hopefully 343 realizes this halfassed Houdini trick (Complex is a real Halo map, trust us! etc) with the community doesn't work anymore.

I'm sure we'll get some boring Forge environment or DMR tweak at PAX, but unfortunately that too does absolutely nothing to bring people back to the game.

Nebula

I never thought I'd say this about Halo, but an option to turn off the announcer would be glorious.

I partially agree. Maybe an option to toggle certain announcements. Maybe even a classic option where you get the start of game announcement, objective announcements and multikill announcement. Nothing else. I'd like that.

Kyle. I think the main issue with Halo 4 was that all we had to go on for some time was the word of 343. We had to trust them or we wouldn't look forward to a new Halo. We had to believe that 343 would deliver. I'm hoping Halo4 was just first game teething issues. I'm hoping 343 can bring us a miracle with Halo 5. That's when most of us will be done with the franchise if they fail to deliver there.

I'm already going rental only however. I can't afford to keep pissing away money into a developer I'm not confident in supporting. If I'm impressed by Halo 5 during my rental time, I'll buy it. If not then 343 will not see anymore money from me.

Let's just wait until the panel tomorrow.
:-/ A lot of the complaints I've read today haven't had to do with the weapon tuning.
Not that it mightn't be very cool.

Halo 4 is in such a weird spot. Without a relaunch/big set of coverage and hype it'd be hard for the multiplayer to go "up" in population.

I never thought I'd say this about Halo, but an option to turn off the announcer would be glorious.

We actually said that a bunch here, before the game was even released.

Again it just says what they CAN do, not what they will. So my excitement and hope for the panel aren't that big

True its really funny how they just are literally talking about adding something that lets them change stuff. If I talked about what I was going to do and then waited months to do it, my god I would be out of here so fast...and I'm watching NCAA tournament at work.

FyreWulff

I'll hold my breathe. They said they had all the knobs and levers from the Reach TU, then set the lever to 85% Bloom then locked it in place for the rest of the game's sustain run.

What was it that they ran out of room for on the disc? Was it the Mk V armour?

But they had room for that Revenant/Spectre?

I don't think that test map is on the disc. Seems that person acquired it through other means.

IHaveIce

Banned
But why would they add the ability to change things on the fly like this and then not use them?

Oh I'm pretty sure they will use them, but if they will show us the stuff that will be coming to MM in the next weeks is still open for confirmation.

Not that I say it won't happen, just keeping expections in check.

I think he means that they might make wrong changes/changes to something that he wouldn't want changed.

Didn't meant that this time, but yes I'm pretty sure they will do it like this.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Oh I'm pretty sure they will use them, but if they will show us the stuff that will be coming to MM in the next weeks is still open for confirmation.

Not that I say it won't happen, just keeping expections in check.

Ok fair enough

Shadders

I don't think that test map is on the disc. Seems that person acquired it through other means.

Fair enough, then.

I'd love to see a real post-mortem of Halo 4, have a nice lengthy video discussing what they've learnt, could be a great way to build confidence for the next game.

I guess they're worried that anything they put out there could be turned into ammo to take shot at them by certain folks though..

Madness

Maybe there's a glitch that causes it to spontaneously transform into a dragon?

That's because they have steitzer say stupid shit like distraction, comeback kill, we gotta new king, like every two seconds. Save the announcer for worthwhile stuff like multi kills or sprees.

Nebula

That's because they have steitzer say stupid shit like distraction, comeback kill, we gotta new king, like every two seconds. Save the announcer for worthwhile stuff like multi kills or sprees.

I remember a lot of people discussing the announcements pre release and a lot of people felt a lot of things were not worth announcing, and it just ended up feeling like spam.

Yup. When you heard the announcer before you thought "Oh shit I just did something incredible", and it'd increase your adrenaline.

Now it's like he has to announce everything from you pressing buttons to when you turn your head away from the screen. "Lost focus! Doorbell rang! Sibling entered the room! Popcorn finished popping!"

This just makes it more difficult to give callouts and more difficult to follow what's going on in the game.

Nebula

I like the Distraction medal for two reasons:

1) It's funny

2) it does inform you that someone on your tail was killed by a teammate

I get a massive amount of them goosing. Half the time the person was already off my back because they lost sight of me or ended up switching targets after realizing I wasn't dying to him.

At least Halo doesn't have supression. That is annoying as shit in BF3.

Fair enough, then.

I'd love to see a real post-mortem of Halo 4, have a nice lengthy video discussing what they've learnt, could be a great way to build confidence for the next game.

I guess they're worried that anything they put out there could be turned into ammo to take shot at them by certain folks though..

They dont have to do that. It isn't complicated what they need to do god dammit, just put customization options for everything in the game! Thats it thats all. It doesn't take a fucking genius to figure this out. You wanna add a new feature, fine add it. Now, put an option in the game type customization options for the users to turn it off. Disaster averted.

Bungie didn't do that with Reach and thats why everyone complained about it. AA's and loadouts had to be used, and people bitched. 343 didn't do it either and now everyone is complaining about Halo4.

People wanna be able to play the game the way they want, if you dont give them that option, they will bitch to no end. Reach and Halo4 are proof of this.

They dont have to do that. It isn't complicated what they need to do god dammit, just put customization options for everything in the game! Thats it thats all. It doesn't take a fucking genius to figure this out. You wanna add a new feature, fine add it. Now, put an option in the game type customization options for the users to turn it off. Disaster averted.

Bungie didn't do that with Reach and thats why everyone complained about it. AA's and loadouts had to be used, and people bitched. 343 didn't do it either and now everyone is complaining about Halo4.

People wanna be able to play the game the way they want, if you dont give them that option, they will bitch to no end. Reach and Halo4 are proof of this.

I don't disagree, but how can we support this without coming off as spoiled, entitled sounding brats? I mean, we all want to enjoy the game and I doubt any of us actually hate the developers or players who play differently ('cause that's just childish).

But where do we draw the line? When does it go from "I enjoy the game this way and I'd like for you to support that" to "You better put this in or I'm not playing your $%&@#"?

We're all passionate about things we love (some more than others), but I think we'd get a lot more things done (both us as a community and 343 as developers) if we'd all just communicate in open, constructive ways. I'd feel a lot better about things that were cut if there were explanations as to why. This way, I know what and how to ask for other stuff.

Top Bottom