• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Halo 5 needs swappable forge pallets for the environment and pieces as well as an adjustable skybox. Add the ability to add terrain pieces to build the environment to suit your needs and that could easily become the one large adaptable Forge map to rule them all.

9UbX3pv.png

There is the confirmation that Destiny is going to be on the Xbox 720 if it wasnt obvious already. Me and my friend found it on an employees portfolio.
Someone else had found it on OXM earlier today in a Tweet.

FyreWulff

Anyone have a summary writeup of the panel?

- They have hooks in the gametypes to change the damage and Rate of Fire for guns and vehicles in the latest TU
- Free Forge map on April 11th with 3 massive flat islands
- CSR comes out on the 8th. In every playlist. Stats show your CSR at the time you played each game
- Multi Team playlist incoming, currently behind Castle paywall

Trey

- They have hooks in the gametypes to change the damage and Rate of Fire for guns and vehicles in the latest TU
- Free Forge map on April 11th with 3 massive flat islands
- CSR comes out on the 8th. In every playlist. Stats show your CSR at the time you played each game
- Multi Team playlist incoming, currently behind Castle paywall

Forge Island incoming for free early April. CSR inbound. TU inbound. TU allows for 343 to actively balance weapon damage. Ducktales is being remade in HD. WOO-OO.

Thanks.

Madness

I don't like 2D Mario games either, aside from Yoshi's Island which is so different it doesn't really count. 3D ones are great though.

Not even Super Mario Bros. 3 or Super Mario World?

Sounds like they really wanna follow their planned path regardless of the comunity reactions.

The forge community has been begging for flat spaces since Reach. Plus it's free, and would now allow for a lot of great remakes.

Then they're allowing for weapons to be tuned without title updates. Plus they are bringing X's on death back.

The only negative is that there aren't any ranks that are viewable in game, but you have to use waypoint. If anything, it shows they are listening to the community. But they have to juggle the hardcore with the casuals.

People have to be reasonable. We are 5 months post launch, there is not much they are going to be able to do. People want UI overhauls, removals of the loadouts, weapons to be taken out etc.

At this point, you're either going to play Halo 4 or you're not.

Not even Super Mario Bros. 3 or Super Mario World?
Nah, I think I've nailed it down to being because you need power ups in order to tackle enemies outside of the typical hop and that ended up being detrimental to my fun. I mean I don't out and out dislike them, but they were never special to me; even when they were contemporary I was thinking "Eh, this is alright". I was a Sonic kid once I played that for the first time so for what it's worth that might explain a lot.

Are you telling me they made a map big enough to house Archangel immediately after I invented it? Good going 343. I might actually have to try and forge something now.

Can't wait for someone to actually try and connect the islands or something :lol

Are you telling me they made a map big enough to house Archangel immediately after I invented it? Good going 343. I might actually have to try and forge something now.

Can't wait for someone to actually try and connect the islands or something :lol

You can do that in Halo Reach?

Purplemage

Neo Member
Loving the news about multi team even if it is the inferior six teams of two mode. I always had a soft spot for that three man style in Reach.

Do we know if the temp FFA forge playlist is gonna be eight players or six?

Gui_PT

wow 4 entire pages to get 6 people for customs

I remember when heylo wuz cool, all people would have to do is come in on a saturday and say "customs time" and we'd get two full parties going on

RIP in peace

Post thoughts when you can. I'm looking to try and grab this myself.

Sure thing, although I won't be posting anything in relation to story spoilers (and I hope no one else does) not until the majority of Bio-Halo GAF has played it and had time to digest it.

I look forward to what everyone thinks especially compared to the first one.

It oozes style from the main menu.

Omni

Oh lawd. So many pro-sony posters in the gaming section spouting nonsense. I'm suddenly reminded why I tend to stay clear of console threads :\

ElRenoRaven

Ok so the winner of the Foreign Halofgaf contest was none other then Daedalos42. Redemption code has been PM'd to them for them to redeem their Kindle copy of Halo: Silentium.

So Daedalos42 check your PMs. lol

gAg CruSh3r

Not going to lie. I'm probably more excited for this Forge island then the new map pack. I been waiting for a Forge map like this for a long time!

I spend more time forging then actual gaming. I'm a freak o_O

Fuchsdh

Oh lawd. So many pro-sony posters in the gaming section spouting nonsense. I'm suddenly reminded why I tend to stay clear of console threads :\

Even NeoGAF is not immune. I would have expected all the hype to die down once they realized that most of the new features aren't likely to be that amazing...

so the big reveal is we now have flat ground to place grey blocks on. halo 4 is saved
This post is like winning the lottery and complaining about all the taxes you have to pay.

People wanted it. They gave it to them. Spin as negative.

I will say that hearing people cheer about the red x gave me douche chills, though.

Top Bottom