• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

blamite

In other news, why is Throwdown now featuring 2 point Extraction? I still can't understand this gametype - especially in 4v4. It's basically "whomever gets the first point wins" as you only need to score first and then defend the next base. I rarely see teams get two points at once and, in my opinion, it actually encourages the winning team to avoid the enemy as there is no incentive to leaving your current extraction area to attack the opposition.

It seems like there's some good potential for 2 point, when teams have to decide between just defending the point they have or splitting up to try to take both, or trying to defend 2 points at once. I guess Extraction might be one of those things that sounds good on paper but ends up being really bland once actual people start playing it. I've had some really fun and tense games in the Extraction playlist though, both 2 and 1 point. Haven't tried the v3 versions though.

Duji

Mixing two different weapons depending on the situation. Single weapons can still be used and fairly balanced for the most part.

Not worth the extra map clutter.

And IHaveIce, I'm honoured. Also ignore that Unknown guy. He's just jealous.

Here's my Halo Arena staff.

BigShow - lead MP design
Karl - lead MP map design
Overdoziz - lead forge designer
orznge - sandbox designer
Wahrer - concept art
The Henery - PR
FyreWulff - netcode designer, programmer
juices, Unknown, Arnie, Tashi, kylej, and probably the rest of halogaf - gametesters
heckfu - comic relief
... and YourExWife does most of the programming

oh and maybe we'll throw in that Cursed Lemon guy somewhere. lol.

• Bring back the Arbiter, Half-Jaw, and Lord Hood

And IHaveIce, I'm honoured. Also ignore that UNKNOWN guy. He's just jealous.

UNKNOWN - gametester

tumblr_lzgcxl3VC41qln41v.gif

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

BigShow - lead MP design
Wahrer - concept art
The Henery - PR
juices, Unknown, Arnie, Tashi, kylej, and probably the rest of halogaf - gametesters
heckfu - comic relief

Game would be awful. But at least it wouldn't be buggy

GG

Havok

dual wielding effectively nerfed the weapon sandbox outside of power weapons and BR. i'd rather the weapons capable of standing on their own rather than making them dependent on another.
I dunno that I'd go that far. Looking at Halo 3, for example, if I were given the option between AR starts and SMG starts (this is obviously a scenario of horrible playlist management but it serves as a pure comparison), I'd pick SMG any day. The kill times were roughly the same at equal distances, but with the AR your effectiveness reached its peak very quickly, while with DW weapons you could increase that effectiveness by pairing up weapons. Having that capability to increase player effectiveness by reducing one of their options (in this case, grenades) doesn't really necessitate having the half-weapon problem that people bandy about as the end-all be-all reason for cutting that mechanic. Shitty weapons are always going to be shitty weapons and Halo is always going to have shitty weapons (yeah, I know, in a perfect world etc etc), but you might as well give the player the ability to be slightly less shitty when using said shitty weapon. On the other side, doubling up weapons doesn't really need to necessitate a doubling in effectiveness, since you also control accuracy, recoil, and reload time variables in this situation.

I don't think it was ever really executed very well but I don't think there's any reason it couldn't be done well in the future. It's kind of in the same boat as equipment in that regard.

We'd actually make a better game, assuming we had enough code monkeys to put it all together.

Mainly because...

Microsofts hand wouldn't be inside of our rectum.

We also wouldn't make as many bad decisions. Because we know too much about FPS gaming.

Then its just up to bugtesting. Marketing would be all hypothetical but it would involve all of our company twitching the game out donging on each other and having great times.

Tashi

It would be awful yet 100x better than any recent Halo mp.

False

Here's my team:

Lead Awesome Designer: Tashi
Lead artist: Letters
Lead Forge Designer: Nokyard
Lead coffee retriever: Wahrer
PR: Juices and KyleJ
Marketing: Plywood
Lead Scrublord: Duji

GG

My team is the best. I take my time machine back to 2001 and show Bungies MP team the modern FPS landscape. They are so shocked that they travel back to the future with me to help deliver the best MP game of all time.

All I need is the time machine to accomplish this. More plausible than gaf making a game.

WTF is Bunches bro? lol
Bungie mothafucka autocorrect.

Tashi

My team is the best. I take my time machine back to 2001 and show Bunches MP team the modern FPS landscape. They are so shocked that they travel back in time with me to help deliver the best MP game of all time.

All I need is the time machine to accomplish this. More plausible than gaf making a game.

WTF is Bunches bro? lol

Nowise10

We'd actually make a better game, assuming we had enough code monkeys to put it all together.

Mainly because...

Microsofts hand wouldn't be inside of our rectum.

We also wouldn't make as many bad decisions. Because we know too much about FPS gaming.

Then its just up to bugtesting. Marketing would be all hypothetical but it would involve all of our company twitching the game out donging on each other and having great times.

I cant tell if this is actually a serious post.

Karl2177

BigShow - lead MP design
Wahrer - concept art
The Henery - PR
heckfu - comic relief

If that's the case, we'd never have a map in Matchmaking.

Ghazi

I have loads of friends in programming, a couple of them have been trying to get me started on it by trying to get me to learn Ruby lol.

orznge

Banned
Yea why wouldnt it be, we've shown time and time again to be able to call out bad shit entering the game.

Armchair development theory has come a far way since the old days bro!

Clearly you have no concept of just how in depth MS testing goes. Try going and watching some old Bungie ViDocs about testing with MS behind them. Same for 343i. Perhaps you should watch the credit and see how many testers they hired beyond their core team.

Also you think outsourced work magically appears fully integrated to the in house teams version control? Fuck you have no idea how development really works do you?

Honestly I'm now starting to understand the same group of posters here very well and it's quickly becoming a forum I'm not sure I'll partake in for much longer.

Clearly you have no concept of just how in depth MS testing goes. Try going and watching some old Bungie ViDocs about testing with MS behind them. Same for 343i. Perhaps you should watch the credit and see how many testers they hired beyond their core team.

Also you think outsourced work magically appears fully integrated to the in house teams version control? Fuck you have no idea how development really works do you?

Honestly I'm now starting to understand the same group of posters here very well and it's quickly becoming a forum I'm not sure I'll partake in for much longer.
Juices has got you so shook.

Haha my man.

Right, Giveaway time.

Gears of War 1 Games on Demand

How to "Win"
  • Quote this post
  • Post why you should have it (pictures help but are not needed)
  • If you have not played GoW then you stand a higher chance of getting the code
  • Get chosen by me

If your a thread regular you are more likely to get it but its not a compulsory.

Winner will be chosen 12 hours from this post.

Knock Knock

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Time for a megapost. Imgur and keyboard are charging. Prepare your anuses.
Ah, look, another hour has passed. Time for a megapost on Wahrer's latest incremental update to his imaginary sandbox.

I like them, but it feels like you post them A LOT.

ElEbEor.gif

Ah, look, another hour has passed. Time for a megapost on Wahrer's latest incremental update to his imaginary sandbox.

I like them, but it feels like you post them A LOT.

This is a big update. An update-gasm, if you will. Afterwards there will probably be a lull for some time.

I have another megapost in the works concerning a revised UI, but that's it.

Madness

Damn it orznge your posts are so meta. I honestly can't tell if it touched a nerve or if this is sarcasm, so in tribute to you, I'll just say "lol".

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
This is a big update. An update-gasm, if you will. Afterwards there will probably be a lull for some time.

I have another megapost in the works concerning a revised UI, but that's it.
Cool. :p

Damn it orznge your posts are so meta. I honestly can't tell if it touched a nerve or if this is sarcasm, so in tribute to you, I'll just say "lol".
Yeah, same here.

Booshka

Right, Giveaway time.

Gears of War 1 Games on Demand

How to "Win"
  • Quote this post
  • Post why you should have it (pictures help but are not needed)
  • If you have not played GoW then you stand a higher chance of getting the code
  • Get chosen by me

If your a thread regular you are more likely to get it but its not a compulsory.

Winner will be chosen 12 hours from this post.

There is a weapon named after me in Gears: Judgment.

Gears_booshka.png

I actually like Gears of War a lot and would play it regularly if I owned it again, and if it was conveniently on my hard drive.

There is a weapon named after me in Gears: Judgment.

Gears_booshka.png

I actually like Gears of War a lot and would play it regularly if I owned it again, and if it was conveniently on my hard drive.

Ha yea I was watching a stream of the game saw someone get killed by it and I thought they were playing against you for a second til I figured it out.

wwm0nkey

So who all here is playing Bioshock tonight? Just got my copy and paid off Defiance.

Also I sold my Gears Judgement but still have the Gears 1 code, will probably give that away soon.

Top Bottom