• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
HBKperformsfellatio.gif

LOL!

Shitty excuse. Support your fans. At least invite them too. It's a pretty ice cold thing to not invite your fans because you're counting on them to support you anyway.

I know the gaming landscape is changing and all, but back during Halo 3's reign, even up until Halo Reach, there were 2 kinds of Xbox Shooter Players. You were either Halo primarily, or CoD primarily. Sure, some people played both, but you usually had a clear favorite. Halo fans (when the game still boasted an impressive population) always took pride in what made Halo better than CoD, despite CoD's surge to the top of the charts.

Maybe Halo fans are a dying breed. Maybe the people who want more Halo 3 and less Call of Duty are a tiny minority. Who knows. Halo 5 is going to be interesting.

Nope. 11.6 million played. Halo just isnt interesting or addictive as it used to be. Once they get back to the core basics of Halo the fans will come back. Right now they are playing the superior CoD...Blops II, not Halo 4.

So I'm coming upon finishing the first campaign on Gears Judgement. Some quick impressions Encounter to Encounter this game has the best gameplay of the series (especially if you take the "declassified missions" which add some neat modifiers to the game)

The story is not exceptionally strong in many ways its traditional gears "we must go here, now here, now here" ect. Paduk and Loomis are good additions to the gears verse and pretty strong characters and the way its told via testimonials is a nice way to drive the narrative.

Multiplayer may not be what people want but I played some FFA with bots to try it out and I enjoyed it.

Graphics are nice 2 or 3 environments have been such a change of pace and wow'd me

OT, but if you guys weren't aware, the Humble Bundle Weekly Bundle for this week is a group of THQ games. For $1, you get Darksiders and Red Faction: Armageddon (DLC and soundtracks included) and if you beat the average (currently $6.79) you also get Darksiders 2 + soundtrack and Red Faction: Guerrilla.

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Back on topic, is anyone going to be on later tonight and want to try out FFA/Throwdown/Lightning CTF/etc?

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
OT, but if you guys weren't aware, the Humble Bundle Weekly Bundle for this week is a group of THQ games. For $1, you get Darksiders and Red Faction: Armageddon (DLC and soundtracks included) and if you beat the average (currently $6.79) you also get Darksiders 2 + soundtrack and Red Faction: Guerrilla.

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Back on topic, is anyone going to be on later tonight and want to try out FFA/Throwdown/Lightning CTF/etc?

Meh, I already got Darksiders and Red Faction Armageddon from the Humble THQ Bundle.

JHall

So I'm coming upon finishing the first campaign on Gears Judgement. Some quick impressions Encounter to Encounter this game has the best gameplay of the series (especially if you take the "declassified missions" which add some neat modifiers to the game)

The story is not exceptionally strong in many ways its traditional gears "we must go here, now here, now here" ect. Paduk and Loomis are good additions to the gears verse and pretty strong characters and the way its told via testimonials is a nice way to drive the narrative.

Multiplayer may not be what people want but I played some FFA with bots to try it out and I enjoyed it.

Graphics are nice 2 or 3 environments have been such a change of pace and wow'd me

The only change about Judgement multiplayer I like is the removal of stopping power. Stopping power was a horrible addition. It took an already methodical game, slowed it down even more, and made it a lancer/hammer burst camp fest. At least in high competitive levels of play.

Gears 1 MP is still the best.

Arnie

Maybe Halo isn't what's changed.

Maybe... we've changed.

I certainly have, but I'd still recognise a good Halo game when I play one.

Halo 4 definitely isn't it. It's without doubt the worst Halo game I've ever played, sadly. I wish it weren't so.

So my Xbox is being stupid and didn't let me download the update for Infinite the first 10 times I tried, now it finally lets me download the update for it, but with the update downloaded, I get an DISC UNREADABLE error.

Update installed, I can't play.

Update not installed, I'm fine.

Korosenai

So my Xbox is being stupid and didn't let me download the update for Infinite the first 10 times I tried, now it finally lets me download the update for it, but with the update downloaded, I get an DISC UNREADABLE error.

Update installed, I can't play.

Update not installed, I'm fine.
Did you try putting your xbox in a bag of rice?

Mix

Wow at that Battlefield 4. Seriously beautiful.

I do have one question; Who's call was it to render sweat on the character models? I understand that it just helps it make more realistic, but why sweat? why not something else that that could go towards?

Top Bottom