• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Booshka

Wow at that Battlefield 4. Seriously beautiful.

I do have one question; Who's call was it to render sweat on the character models? I understand that it just helps it make more realistic, but why sweat? why not something else that that could go towards?

3060000000047657.JPG

Sweat helped usher in this gen, why not use it as a showpiece for next gen as well? Sweat rendering is the truest of barometers for how sik da grafikz are on your next gen game.

Madness

I really dislike Rihanna's singing, only song I actually like from her is Diamonds, and that's just because Geoff and Gavin say "Diamonds in the sky" so amazingly.

Aside from that, the trailer looks awesome! Can't wait for the HD version!

Lol, I didn't want to say anything in case there were any fans here. I can't fucking stand her or her music. She's a big reason I stopped listening to the radio.

Trailer looks good but can't wait for gameplay.

Ghazi

lol people still listen to music?

I thought the later half without her singing and just the bass drums/insturmental was nice though

Battlefield 4 is going to have to have more than impressive graphics to win me back. I really did not like BF3.

Finished up Both Gears J campaigns. Really enjoyed them both. Happy with the Length of the game. Tomb Raider is next up whats the general consensus?

Ramirez

Battlefield 4 is going to have to have more than impressive graphics to win me back. I really did not like BF3.

Finished up Both Gears J campaigns. Really enjoyed them both. Happy with the Length of the game. Tomb Raider is next up whats the general consensus?

Zeouterlimit's game of the forever.

There are multiple Judgement campaigns?

Kinda.

You have the core Judgement campaign that goes into why baird was demoted and the events surrounding his trail and Halvo Bay and then you have a second campaign maybe 2-3 hours long on normal difficulty that shows what Baird, Clayton and Cole did in the second half of Gears 3. How they got the ship and what happens to the 2 new characters introduced in the Judgement campaign.

m23

I think there is the Judgement campaign and then another short campaign which covers some side story from Gears 3.

Edit: Beaten.

I decided to skip Judgement, surprising for me since I am a huge Gears fan. I will however be picking up Infinite soon because of all the positive comments about it. I'll just have to find the right times to play it.

Defect

Judgment is basically two dlc campaigns for Gears 3. Was the worst game in the series campaign wise IMO. Not even going to try the multiplayer.

So I hear Halo 4 finally got an actual FFA playlist. Is it any good?

Ramirez

3060000000047657.JPG

Sweat helped usher in this gen, why not use it as a showpiece for next gen as well? Sweat rendering is the truest of barometers for how sik da grafikz are on your next gen game.

Man, the first iteration of Live still looks impressive as fuck to me. It was a promising game of bball too, no clue what happened.

Judgment is basically two dlc campaigns for Gears 3. Was the worst game in the series campaign wise IMO. Not even going to try the multiplayer.

The Single player gameplay is leaps and bounds above the other gears. The Smart spawn system is a welcome addition and the encounters are much more tense. The new weapons are great as well. That said its the weakest story in any of the games and has very little actual narrative content outside of a handful of out of prerendered cutscenes and Sofia is a horrible character but that's not really a shock since the only memorable females in the series are Anya (because forced love interest) and Berni (because old lady with dreads)

wwm0nkey

Just bought Bioshock Infinite. How is it?

Just beat it (been playing non-stop) its an amazing experience and the world just grabs you and really does not let go, they make an effort of getting you invested hours before you even get into the combat.

Also it does have replay value due to hidden rooms and ect. Also because its just amazing.

EDIT: For those who are just getting or starting out on it. PLAY IT ON HARD, hard mode on this is perfect.

Fotos

Just beat it (been playing non-stop) its an amazing experience and the world just grabs you and really does not let go, they make an effort of getting you invested hours before you even get into the combat.

Also it does have replay value due to hidden rooms and ect. Also because its just amazing.

Been watching gameplay and it looks amazing. I have 1,2, and Infinite now on PC. Haven't finished the first one yet so this Thursday I'm going to play all 3 in a row. Might stream it.

Trailer was taken down.

Duji

Stop hating on Rihanna. PopGAF will come her and start fucking shit up.

Can't believe there even is a PopGAF. lol

EDIT: For those who are just getting or starting out on it. PLAY IT ON HARD, hard mode on this is perfect.
Yeah. I'm playing on Hard myself. It's just right.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm having mixed feelings on Infinite. I like Columbia and the characters, but combat is standard FPS fare. The game as a whole feels like Bioshock diluted for a mainstream audience so far.

wwm0nkey

I'm having mixed feelings on Infinite. I like Columbia and the characters, but combat is standard FPS fare. The game as a whole feels like Bioshock diluted for a mainstream audience so far.
What difficulty are you playing on? If you try to run and gun on Hard or 1999 you can kiss your ass goodbye, you NEED to use a mixture of your powers and the environment which I loved about it.

Looking at gameplay and it seems like the most uninteresting out of all 3. Should I really skip it?

Yes, story is trash too and was not made by the same team as 1 or Infinite.

Fracas

#fuckonami
What difficulty are you playing on? If you try to run and gun on Hard or 1999 you can kiss your ass goodbye, you NEED to use a mixture of your powers and the environment which I loved about it.

Yes, story is trash too and was not made by the same team as 1 or Infinite.

Normal for now. Enemies drop in 2-3 pistol shots. Poor AI too.

I'll stick with normal til I finish it, then go back and do 1999 Mode

wwm0nkey

Normal for now. Enemies drop in 2-3 pistol shots. Poor AI too.

I'll stick with normal til I finish it, then go back and do 1999 Mode

Yeah....that sound pretty damn easy from the 9-10 pistol shots it takes to down a guy in Hard, can't even imagine 1999 mode.

I just feel like how Hard mode made you play kind of added to the game more.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit, hahahaha. Poor bird.

For what it's worth, that's a Jay Z song. I love that song.
Yeah, it's an awesome song. I remember my housemates and I constantly listened to it in the summer of 2009.

It takes HOURS to even get into combat? That sounds bad.

Top Bottom