• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Yeah it appears that Destiny was clearly not ready to be shown off, so why did they show it off, when it looks like it's coming out next spring at the earliest?

Probably had some pressure from marketing types to start building some brand equity for the franchise. It's not like they did themselves any harm. I'd say the pressure's definitely going to be on for them come E3 time, though.

We are self-admitted cowards in the Latvian Mafia. No doubt about it! ;)

I actually only knew one of the guys I was playing with tonight and one guy had a horrible guest with him, but we were still shitting all over people pretty much.

In other words, YOU MADE THE RIGHT CALL AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT!

wwm0nkey

Probably had some pressure from marketing types to start building some brand equity for the franchise. It's not like they did themselves any harm. I'd say the pressure's definitely going to be on for them come E3 time, though.

Hey it worked, the name is out there and people are talking about it. To hold off until Destiny I will be getting Defiance though since its actually a pretty cool B2P MMO for the 360.

Madness

Australia here. I pay $100 a month for 15GB allowance at 4G speeds (it's wireless). Tend to use the 15GB by the third week or so....

But yeah. From the limited stuff I've seen, it looks great!

Is that a mobile data plan? My mobile data plan is 6 gb for $60. And even then, I had to speak with customer retentions to get it. Just be glad you don't live in Canada.

Hey it worked, the name is out there and people are talking about it. To hold off until Destiny I will be getting Defiance though since its actually a pretty cool B2P MMO for the 360.

The other day, while I couldn't sleep, I was watching this random show called Face/Off and it was a reality show about make-up artists and the challenge was to make a combined offspring of two races from the Defiance show/universe. First time I had ever heard of Defiance before and now I just googled the game after you wrote this and it's the about the same thing I saw on that make-up show. Is Defiance really big, meaning does it have a big following?

wwm0nkey

The other day, while I couldn't sleep, I was watching this random show called Face/Off and it was a reality show about make-up artists and the challenge was to make a combined offspring of two races from the Defiance show/universe. First time I had ever heard of Defiance before and now I just googled the game after you wrote this and it's the about the same thing I saw on that make-up show. Is Defiance really big, meaning does it have a big following?

Its a show thats coming out soon, honestly doesn't look too good and if the MMO is anything to go by it will be average, but the MMO did a lot of small things right and for a B2P MMO on the 360 its really good.

Oh also you know since we are talking about Battlefield/front: Halo can we get that but have it look like this?

human_forerunner_war_by_skcrisis-d5zcj7x.gif

(taken from reddit)

Its a show thats coming out soon, honestly doesn't look too good and if the MMO is anything to go by it will be average, but the MMO did a lot of small things right and for a B2P MMO on the 360 its really good.

Oh also you know since we are talking about Battlefield/front: Halo can we get that but have it look like this?

human_forerunner_war_by_skcrisis-d5zcj7x.gif

(taken from reddit)

So I really do believe a Halo 7, 8, and 9 is going to happen, then that will be the end of Master Chief and Cortana. After that, they should make a whole new saga with a new protagonists in the ancient human/Forerunner war (what that scene is from). I'll probably be watching my son playing games at that time, but still.

Sai-kun

Banned
i liked the bf4 trailer w/out rihanna because she's a total flop

i actually liked it. didn't fit super well, but whatever, still mad hyped for bf4! that trailer was ridic

GrizzNKev

Banned
BF4's campaign looks about as bad as BF3's.
Wish they would just stop bothering with it already and focus completely on multiplayer.

Yep. It looks like more of the same with even more scripted, cinematic crap that takes control away from the player. With MORE EXPLOSIONS THAN EVER!

Madness

Can someone use their "photoshop scissors" and remove the background from my avatar if possible? Someone had done it for me previously. I don't know how to do it myself. Thanks.

I am the only one who thinks this looks boring as hell? I have to say I generally dislike modern combat settings etc. Still the reveal looks like normal CoD campaign. Nothing special. At least for me.

So, why did Bungie reveal Destiny so early, then? To make the PS4 unveiling?
To finally have a communication with the community again? They can talk about their project in public, tease the community etc at last now. It is much better to have freedom and not be limited by denying stuff the whole time. At least I think it is one of the reason. But I'd even say Activision put pressure on them to show some stuff.

BF4's campaign looks about as bad as BF3's.
Wish they would just stop bothering with it already and focus completely on multiplayer.

Then what are they going to put in their trailers?!

Honestly though, BF3 was proof that DICE doesn't give a shit and only uses the SP for create scripted moments to place for promotional material. DICE has never made a campaign that was anything above decent.

They do need to consider an all multiplayer game and outsource CGI work for trailers and such though. It may even get rid of the "it has to have SP and MP to be complete" notion in shooters right now. Halo is one of the last shooters that people care about the story progression. It's just dying out in MP centric games.

Madness

If next gen looks like that then I'll be happy, but I highly doubt it.

It's sort of this gen isn't it? I mean it's coming out for PC in the fall and is confirmed for Xbox 360 and PS3 as well. It's obvious it's also coming to next-gen consoles. It just shows how much the aging console hardware has been holding back the PC. I wonder what the specs to run it like this are.

Do you think if Battlefield 4 wasn't coming to current consoles, it could look even better?

so someone gimme the rundown on 1999 mode, i'm hoping it does something more than "lol more hp and damage on enemies"

I've started on 1999 mode, the basic more health and damage from enemies is there.

Along with no navigation arrow and gear choices that stick till the end of the game, no ability to swap them out ala gene changer in BS1. So you have to make that choice carefully.

I'm doing in conjunction with the achievement where you can't use a dollar bill machine in 1999 mode.

What have achievements done to us. WE ARE DOOMED.

I like stuff like that. I nice bonus challenge.

Early in this gen I used to care about achievements, I reached almost 30,000 before Halo 3 came out. Slowly this has faded, since the release of Halo 3, I've added only another 40,000.

Nebula

I have yet to turn on my Xbox since like last Wednesday. I played some WWE 13 at my friends on the weekend though, and ended up leaving my controller there. I can't go on my xbox but it doesn't bother me. That's how little I want to play it right now. I was thinking about picking up Infinite but I honestly don't know if I want it.

Think I might sell my Xbox and PVR to raise funds for a gaming computer. I rarely use the PVR anyway. I pretty much bought it to make Halo videos, and now the franchise doesn't interest me. I'm going to grab my controller over the weekend and try out some forge island when it releases. Hopefully it pulls me in for a little bit because I love forging.

Madness

I have yet to turn on my Xbox since like last Wednesday. I played some WWE 13 at my friends on the weekend though, and ended up leaving my controller there. I can't go on my xbox but it doesn't bother me. That's how little I want to play it right now. I was thinking about picking up Infinite but I honestly don't know if I want it.

Think I might sell my Xbox and PVR to raise funds for a gaming computer. I rarely use the PVR anyway. I pretty much bought it to make Halo videos, and now the franchise doesn't interest me. I'm going to grab my controller over the weekend and try out some forge island when it releases. Hopefully it pulls me in for a little bit because I love forging.

I know what you mean, my gaming has been pretty much non-existent this past year, save for Mass Effect 3, The Walking Dead game or Halo 4. Just not as much time anymore, nor do I enjoy myself as I did. It's almost a chore for me to game now, as ridiculous as that sounds.

Don't know what the problem is...

I know what you mean, my gaming has been pretty much non-existent this past year, save for Mass Effect 3, The Walking Dead game or Halo 4. Just not as much time anymore, nor do I enjoy myself as I did. It's almost a chore for me to game now, as ridiculous as that sounds.

Don't know what the problem is...

I think that's a pretty common occurrence as you get older. Life and Responsibility tends to get in the way more often and when you do have time to sit down and game you are often exhausted and just want something to relax, which gaming often isn't that great for.

Pop

Them feels...

Pretty much correct about getting older and slowly my hype levels are declining for new games. Work and other responsibilities get in the way a lot. Normally after a day you just want to relax and gaming "sometimes" cause tons of stress.

Still looking forward to next gen and I always make time for gaming when I can.

Fuchsdh

Them feels...

Pretty much correct about getting older and slowly my hype levels are declining for new games. Work and other responsibilities get in the way a lot. Normally after a day you just want to relax and gaming "sometimes" cause tons of stress.

It seems the simple solution is dont stress. If a game's not for you, don't play it. Find something you enjoy to decompress--Minecraft and RollerCoaster Tycoon are my go-to games because its about world-building not P2P crap.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Them feels...

People laugh when I play Big Team Battle, but this is why. Sometimes after work I don't want to jump into an ultra competitive playlist, I just want to play some Halo and not worry about being on my "A" game.

willow ve

People laugh when I play Big Team Battle, but this is why. Sometimes after work I don't want to jump into an ultra competitive playlist, I just want to play some Halo and not worry about being on my "A" game.
Agree. Throwdown is my favorite game type, but it can be a little high stress late at night before bed. I usually switch over to dominion lulz for a game to cool down before going to sleep.

Homeboyd

For those remake lovers out there; What is the most "missed" map in Halo that has yet to be remade (or remade to your satisfaction) in Halo 4?

Rev3rb

Agree. Throwdown is my favorite game type, but it can be a little high stress late at night before bed. I usually switch over to dominion lulz for a game to cool down before going to sleep.

Action Sack: Binary Slayer

It's been my chill out playlist since it was released.

For those remake lovers out there; What is the most "missed" map in Halo that has yet to be remade (or remade to your satisfaction) in Halo 4?

Sanctuary

Omni

Yeah, that's what I used to be like. Such a shame that BTB in H4 is complete trash in comparison to previous games though... It just frustrates me to play it nowadays.

Fracas

#fuckonami

Midship, High Ground, and Last Resort (Last Resort would probably be way to difficult to be remade though).

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Yeah, that's what I used to be like. Such a shame that BTB in H4 is complete trash in comparison to previous games though... It just frustrates me to play it nowadays.

Honestly I still like it. I just relax and shoot some people. Or get in my old stand-by the Ghost and go on a rampage.

TCKaos

Chiron, Terminal, Waterworks, Containment, Infinity, Death Island, Boarding Action, Gephyrophobia...

To be fair though, Death Island is way too goddamn big for 8v8. It'd only work with heavies because the only proper way to play on Death Island is either in a Banshee or in a Scorpion in the middle of the ocean.

Top Bottom