• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

I have yet to turn on my Xbox since like last Wednesday. I played some WWE 13 at my friends on the weekend though, and ended up leaving my controller there. I can't go on my xbox but it doesn't bother me. That's how little I want to play it right now. I was thinking about picking up Infinite but I honestly don't know if I want it.

Think I might sell my Xbox and PVR to raise funds for a gaming computer. I rarely use the PVR anyway. I pretty much bought it to make Halo videos, and now the franchise doesn't interest me. I'm going to grab my controller over the weekend and try out some forge island when it releases. Hopefully it pulls me in for a little bit because I love forging.
You only have one controller? Lol

Nebula

You only have one controller? Lol

Yeah it's somewhat strange but I haven't played split screen for like 2 years at my own house. I got so used to playing splitscreen at my friends every weekend that when my second controller broke I never bothered replacing it because I didn't need to. I don't break them either so needing a spare controller is not enough incentive for me to want to go spend £30 on a controller that will never be used.

Terraria is out on consoles by the way. Anyone picked it up yet?

FyreWulff

from r/halo . MS shutting down a free Halo 4 stats app

8JjXPv3l.jpg

I'd like to know someday why MS pulled a 180 on stats apps after the handoff.

IHaveIce

Banned
God yes bring back sanctuary but with a good framerate, not like in Reach.

Lol at the stats app shutdown, the community loving MS strikes again

Rev3rb

from r/halo . MS shutting down a free Halo 4 stats app

8JjXPv3l.jpg

I'd like to know someday why MS pulled a 180 on stats apps after the handoff.

Damn, that's my friend's app :/

Hopefully they'll let him keep it if he takes out the "In App Purchase"

probably not...

FyreWulff

Damn, that's my friend's app :/

Hopefully they'll let him keep it if he takes out the "In App Purchase"

probably not...

There's an in-app purchase?

That wasn't allowed under the Reach API days, so I withdraw my concern over this for now. Needs to be free top to bottom before I could stand behind the app staying up

Waypoint really does suck though. I wonder if it will change between now and Halo 5.

The cycle repeats... most were less than thrilled with the site during the post-Bungie Reach era; we were under the assumption that it would be dramatically improved to coincide with Halo 4's launch. I don't think it was unreasonable to expect parity with B.net in terms of ease of use, features and stat clarity. We didn't get anywhere near that level. So now, it's a case of 'wait till Halo 5 to truly judge 343'.

There's excuses to be made for a lot with Halo 4 but I don't think you can with the in game UI and the Waypoint stat site. The way they are presented are not due to technical limitations or a case of clumsiness in feeling their way into their first Halo game. It's a case of artists and designers wanting to differentiate themselves from Bungie and ego's thinking they can do better than what has served so well for so many years and was indeed the sum total of years of refinement.

In many ways, 343's remit was to match the quality Bungie brought to the Halo series and maintain that excellence. 'Handing over the reins' I believe it was termed. Problem is, at least in terms of the UI and Waypoint stats, instead of taking the reins and running with it they switched the horse and carriage out for a donkey and cart.

Oh also off-topic but Minecraft XBLA has sold 6 million copies....retail version hits next month to.

Halo 4 sold almost twice that but is two places below it in the user charts. Minecraft's player retention is amazing.

Tunavi

Banned
Them feels...

Pretty much correct about getting older and slowly my hype levels are declining for new games. Work and other responsibilities get in the way a lot. Normally after a day you just want to relax and gaming "sometimes" cause tons of stress.

Still looking forward to next gen and I always make time for gaming when I can.
I'm not quite sure why everyone is hyped about BF4. It looks just like BF3, which sucked, and that footage is from a powerful PC, not a PS4.

edit: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=530466

This article sums it up nicely

Yeah the TU was "within 1-2 weeks". They never know the exact date of a TU until it happens because they submit it and they it goes through the Xbox Live verification process and goes online after that is done.

Akai__

Is there a remake of Sanctuary in Halo 3? Want to try it out with some of my friends.

Also, does somebody still need the Rainmaker and Violent Cartographer achievement in Halo 2? We need at least 4 people, who are just AFK (we can play if you want) in the Rainmaker lobby. There is no AFK kicking, but it takes some time, so I would just let my PC stay on and do it over night probably.

Nebula

Is there a remake of Sanctuary in Halo 3? Want to try it out with some of my friends.

I doubt there is a good remake, but there probably is one somewhere. If you all have Halo 4, you could just download that No Sprint gametype (modded by the way) and play it that way as I'm sure H4 has a few remakes floating about.

Akai__

I doubt there is a good remake, but there probably is one somewhere. If you all have Halo 4, you could just download that No Sprint gametype (modded by the way) and play it that way as I'm sure H4 has a few remakes floating about.

This is a good idea, too. Thanks. :)

Nebula

This is a good idea, too. Thanks. :)

No problem.

So we get this TU soonish. Reckon 343 will have a weapon tweak or two ready to release alongside the TU? I would hope so as they have had ages to work on it and decide if it's a balanced change.

I have an idea for the BoltShot that could help see it not be as annoying, and maybe bring a hint of tactical use to the weapons one hit ability:

When you start charging the weapon, you can't stop it or delay it. It will keep charging and fire. This will force players to think about whether it is the right time to charge it, and will require a bit more skill as the player is under pressure to have to aim properly and not miss once they begin charging.

This way 343 keeps the one hit ability they so desperately cling to, and it nerfs the BoltShot somewhat, and adds a thin layer of skill to the weapon. It will no longer be mindless start and stop charging until you're confident you can kill your opponent.

Thoughts?

Gordon

I highly recommend this - some of the best Halo 4 I've played. Just make sure you take a warm-up match to get used to not sprinting if you've been playing Reach/4 recently.

Edit: Is discussing modded content taboo here? Haven't seen much talk of it, so I'm not sure.

Striker

Agreed. Headlong was my favorite BTB map in Halo 2. The Reach remake was great, but it was released far too late in the game's life.
They should've just remade Waterworks instead of Valhalla. Even then, it would be littered with loadouts, AA's, the binary rifle, Infinity Slayer, crummy gametypes, etc.

Top Bottom